Who should come at no. 6 position?? Virat or Rohit

chainsmoker

ODI's and tests are compeletely different ball game. We have already learned the hard way by trying likes of UV and Raina. Don't get me wrong' date=' I think Kohli will make it as a test player and he is good but I think Rohit is very special. I cannot say I have noticed that weakness in Rohit, he used to be over confident but now I feel he knows his game well.[/quote'] true and rohit has never played tests so how do u know he is better than virat right now he can be anything from another yuvraj to a future gr8 but we dont know and weakness in odis wont become in strength in tests weakness is weakness irat got 2 50's he performed i will take test performance even on easy track over these practice games (which are not really on testing tracks) these games are not even fc games!
I would rather have our players not bothered about personal milestones ..Virat dosent slowdown for his own 100 ' date=' dont see why he needs to do for others .[/quote'] +100000 and moreover it's just a conspiracy theory that he accelerated deliberately to deny Rohit a ton. If req rr is over 5-6 , you should look to accelerate when target is in reach. TOPIC : May be Kohli doesn't feel it or just not admitting it , but they are under competition. At least for their test spot. To me it looks Kohli will get to play in the first test.

If both Rohit and Kohli take the opportunities on this tour, they could be number 5 and 6 when we play our next test vs SL in July Aug 2012. VVS in all probability will call it a day after this tour given the back problems he has had. So far Rohit has done everything he could to keep the others on their toes and that will only spur Kohli to do better.

true and rohit has never played tests so how do u know he is better than virat right now he can be anything from another yuvraj to a future gr8 but we dont know and weakness in odis wont become in strength in tests weakness is weakness irat got 2 50's he performed i will take test performance even on easy track over these practice games (which are not really on testing tracks) these games are not even fc games!
Rohit has done exceptionally well in first class, performed in ODI's and deserves a shot at tests IMO. Kohli had his chance in WI over there, and he was made to look very bad. Therefore Rohit IMO should be next in line. I know they will select Kohli too. Don't matter much, Kohli is good too. Wish Pujara was in the mix too.
Yeah but Kohli was really going for it when he didn't need to. India had already won and he should have allowed Rohit to finish it off. Instead he went after everything which was very out of character.
:facepalm: What retarded logic is this? Why should he back off and let other guy finish the game when he can do it himself? Its not like he was farming strike and not letting Rohit score.
Kohli is in denial - They are totally in competition for one slot as Cricinfo points out: Kolhi, who's in a race with Rohit for the No. 6 spot in India's batting line-up, Healthy competition is exactly what this team needs.
sachin laxman and dravid are old there is enough room in the middle order for kohli pujara and rohit.... these guys are below 25 years.
Rohit has done exceptionally well in first class, performed in ODI's and deserves a shot at tests IMO. Kohli had his chance in WI over there, and he was made to look very bad. Therefore Rohit IMO should be next in line. I know they will select Kohli too. Don't matter much, Kohli is good too. Wish Pujara was in the mix too.
but we didn't saw rohit in west indies tests and ranji for these guys is walk in park rohit looks good when on song but i still have my doubts unless kohli fails badly there is no way he will be selected over him
:facepalm: What retarded logic is this? Why should he back off and let other guy finish the game when he can do it himself? Its not like he was farming strike and not letting Rohit score.
He did take most strike. At that point it was still possible for Rohit to get ton and the win was beyond doubt. I have seen Dhoni and Sehwag in past, ease off to allow partner to get ton. It's not a big deal but shows selfish nature of Kohli you could say.

I don't think there is any doubt that Kohli will play in the first 2 tests. He scored a century at Mumbai and had a decent one day series. He has already scored a 50 in the practice game. Add to that, he is a livewire in the field, is loved by captain and team, and almost makes up for the aggression we will miss in Bhajji. That should be good enough to last him 2 failures in Australia.

PUJARA will be back into action for the team soon enough...don't worry about him...class won't go away anywhere.. :yay: