Who's your Presidential pick?

Clarke

Huntsman, Paul and Perry. Whew ... No Obama on mine! Some choices were iffy: Like the gas one. I think we should have a holistic approach to energy independence - continue to drill, while simultaneously encouraging research on promising alternative fuel options for the long-term. But you could only pick one.

And you thought he might show up as one of your picks even though you oppose everything he says and does? :giggle:
Not *everything*. I am glad we're out or Iraq. I am glad he got Osama. I am glad he addressed the issue of pre-existing conditions in PPACA. I am glad he wants to close loopholes in financial markets. I just don't yell and scream about them here because there are enough people here singing his hosannas :-)!!

Not *everything*. I am glad we're out or Iraq. I am glad he got Osama. I am glad he addressed the issue of pre-existing conditions in PPACA. I am glad he wants to close loopholes in financial markets.
Damn, that more glads than what YOU and I can say about 8 years of GWB. :winky:

Damn' date=' that more glads than what YOU and I can say about 8 years of GWB. :winky:[/quote'] In Tamizh, they say: "Yedattha kudutthaa madattha vaangarareera?" Notice I said "glad for wanting to do ... or "addressing," not "solving" or "doing." in several instances. I must say I give credit to GWB for his leadership immediately post-9/11. I give him credit for the Iraq troop surge, which made it possible for the eventual withdrawal. I give him credit for addressing accountability in public schools - he and Ted Kennedy had overwhelming support for NCLB. But the implementation was messed up. I give him the most credit for his sincere and sustained support for anti-AIDS initiatives in Africa. No one has done more than he did for this initiative (ask Bono of U2). http://articles.cnn.com/2010-07-23/opinion/kennedy.aids.bush.obama_1_pepfar-aids-funds-plan-for-aids-relief?_s=PM:OPINION I also give him credit for keeping John Kerry/Al Gore away from the WH :-).

Forget their positions on policies, I am not sure how anyone can vote for any of the presidential candidates (except may be ron paul and to an extent Rick Santorum), with a straight face. Pretty much all of them are appalling opportunists who are simply in it for money, fame, profile or all of the above. Its shame on republican voters that someone like Newt Gingrich is leading the polls right now. The man is a bonafide hack who is out there to simply promote the Newt brand. Its laughable to see him abuse the stage given to him as a republican presidential candidate to promote his book, website and other commercial work. If that is not enough, the so called republican front runner cheated on wives, not once, but twice. The first thing you look for in a candidate is not whether their policies match your expectations, but whether they’re men and women of honor and dignity. Very few of the republican candidates cross the bar on that yardstick.

Forget their positions on policies' date=' I am not sure how anyone can vote for any of the presidential candidates (except may be ron paul and to an extent Rick Santorum), with a straight face. [b']Pretty much all of them are appalling opportunists who are simply in it for money, fame, profile or all of the above. Its shame on republican voters that someone like Newt Gingrich is leading the polls right now. The man is a bonafide hack who is out there to simply promote the Newt brand. Its laughable to see him abuse the stage given to him as a republican presidential candidate to promote his book, website and other commercial work. If that is not enough, the so called republican front runner cheated on wives, not once, but twice. The first thing you look for in a candidate is not whether their policies match your expectations, but whether theyÃÓe men and women of honor and dignity. Very few of the republican candidates cross the bar on that yardstick.
Hey, you forgot Huntsman. And BTW,do you believe our current President passes your litmus test?

Hey, you forgot Huntsman. And BTW,do you believe our current President passes your litmus test?
Apologies, Huntsman should be in that list as well. Yes, I do believe the president is a honorable, decent man. I may not agree with all of his policies since he came to power, but even when he was running back in 2007, he never once abused his new found national fame to promote his own commercial interests. He has been married to the same person for more than 15 years and has shown impressive commitment to family and family values.