Zaheer, Ishant, Yadav and Ashwn : Indian bowling a FORCE TO RECKON WITH

MCcricket

I have no doubt that this bowling lineup , can comptete and be there with the best,this tour might be a watershed and shut all those people who have been talking about the bowling, we can be as good as SA, ENGLAND, with Zak, UY, ISHANT, ASHWIN.The only big IF for me is the fitness of Zak, Ishant, I have no doubt that if our bowlers are fit and bowl full steam, this might be the tour that will change peoples perception of Indian bowling attack,we have variety in our bowling lineup, pace, bounce, swing, seam, guile. Zak the master of his art, the best Left handed bowler currently and the best test bowlers currently with Steyn , who can use any conditions and win a game. Ishant though under estimated by a few people has the ingrediesnts and has done it in the past, 6 6" pacer , bowls at 140 plus, good bounce, can be lethal in OZ, ASK THE AUSSIES. UY the rookie so as to say, with loads of potential , IS A FAST BOWLER, can flirt with 150 s, has swing, seam ,pace, big heart, ability to take wickets and also fit. Ashwin can mesmerize and not that dependent on conditions also a allrounder as far as batting talent for me. We also have decent change up bowlers, with Sehwag, Kohli, who can rool their arm, keep it tight and give some rest to our frontline. My worries is Tendulkar going into his shell, to score 100 100's, I hope he plays freely, all our veterans are charged up and want this win bad, we have the ability to win at SCG, MELBOURNE, PERTH, ADELAIDE. I see India winning the test series,hope we have a change in Sreekant an co , as selectors suck, with their partisan ship, poor vision, selection of trundlers as backup, poor injury management and they have embarressed India with quite a few goof ups last one year.Aaron , Sreesanth, Gony, Dinda, Irfan, we have a decent backup if the selectors choose the right bowlers for test's, also the batting has a lot of competetion for places.:two_thumbs_up:

fully fit line up like the one above is very good especially ashwin i would prefer sree to ishant
Sreesanth very inconsistent, unfit, also mentally not mature, he has the talent but at this age with so many years in int cricket I doubt he will improve, at his best he made me think wow we have an Indian version of Steyn , swinging ball at pace, that happened very rarely though , he needs to learn from Steyn if he ever wants to make a comeback, right now Ishant is way ahead of him.:antijinx:

agree that this is a very decent line up and combined with our batting makes for a strong team which has been in top 4 for some time now. Only problem is that with the current cricket schedule and injury prone players you need depth and almost need to have two teams ready to play. Thats where we are behind teams like eng/aus where they can fill up a ryan harris with hilfenhaus without appreciable drop in quality where as we have vinay kumar to replace zaheer khan. An year back i felt we had same situation in batting but hopefully going ahead the young ones will mature and do well

agree that this is a very decent line up and combined with our batting makes for a strong team which has been in top 4 for some time now. Only problem is that with the current cricket schedule and injury prone players you need depth and almost need to have two teams ready to play. Thats where we are behind teams like eng/aus where they can fill up a ryan harris with hilfenhaus without appreciable drop in quality where as we have vinay kumar to replace zaheer khan. An year back i felt we had same situation in batting but hopefully going ahead the young ones will mature and do well
You have hit the nail on the head, exactly how I feel, selectors are guilty with their bad selections and partisanship, second string of bowlers selected are not even India A class, don't have faith in Sreekant, bench strength in bowling is zero, WITH SELECTORS BUILDING AN ARMY OF TRUNDLERS, , not bcoz of lack of talent but selections and vision , planning, also after Aussies trip, each series a senior has to be rested for a game or series and a young gun given the chance , so we are not in the same boat as OZ.:nervous:

Yes u r right dear but I feel u r a little to high on these bowlers.... This is the LAST tour of Zak as he says he is 35 but I feel he is 37 + And its not injury now that is troubling him....there is a vast difference between injury and Fitness.. His fitness is going down and if he is injured..injury will heel but it seems ZAk is now old for international cricket....so for me Zak is skilled but has slowed down considerably ..proof is he cudnt take even a single wicket in 10 overs..that shows he must be using his tricks but possibly very slow bowling...if Zak bowls at 135 to 138K he gets swing and wickets Ishu- thousgh australia suits him but LEGS r the most imp part of a fast bowler and I really doubt that he will STRETCH......so he does not stretch I doubt he will bowl full throttle n get wickets.. UY is fit n in form so I expect him or Ashwin to be our TOP wicket takers .....he has good chances of taking a bunch of wickets n overtaking all indian fast bowlers and become our Main striker....

Ys I feel surprised that Umesh did not go to england and as on today I may want to bet on him to be highest wicket taker in this series among our bowlers.... He is likely to becom our sperhead.....why did srikkant n company didnot play him in england. Ahead of Munna and all others like VK PK n many... Now I won't be surprised that in next test series we realise that ABU Nachim surprises all and proves his point and suddenly march ahead of TRundler gang......Selectros Open your eyes to genuine Pace....trundlers r way too many....even a BS sandhu to got wickets but if he trundles - he trundles.....

Yes u r right dear but I feel u r a little to high on these bowlers.... This is the LAST tour of Zak as he says he is 35 but I feel he is 37 + And its not injury now that is troubling him....there is a vast difference between injury and Fitness.. His fitness is going down and if he is injured..injury will heel but it seems ZAk is now old for international cricket....so for me Zak is skilled but has slowed down considerably ..proof is he cudnt take even a single wicket in 10 overs..that shows he must be using his tricks but possibly very slow bowling...if Zak bowls at 135 to 138K he gets swing and wickets Ishu- thousgh australia suits him but LEGS r the most imp part of a fast bowler and I really doubt that he will STRETCH......so he does not stretch I doubt he will bowl full throttle n get wickets.. UY is fit n in form so I expect him or Ashwin to be our TOP wicket takers .....he has good chances of taking a bunch of wickets n overtaking all indian fast bowlers and become our Main striker....
Zaheer is 33 years old, there is no reason he wont play until 36, his best years have been last 5 years, he is fit, isn't it easy to put someone down , he has won many test's for India and more recently, his injury wasn't serious, a serious injury would be a stress facture or rotator cuff injury.
Zaheer is 33 years old' date=' there is no reason he wont play until 36, his best years have been last 5 years, he is fit, isn't it easy to put someone down , he has won many test's for India and more recently, his injury wasn't serious, a serious injury would be a stress facture or rotator cuff injury.[/quote'] yaaa but he is injury prone :((...its a matter of concern for India. and he didnt show a discomfort in playing in canberra ,dont you think ?

Irrespective of how this test ends Lets all give a shout-out to the Indian team for the way they fought back in the 2nd and 3rd session. This match could have been over by now. Australia could have 190-3 or 220-4 and defeat would have been inevitable. It may be that whatever the Aussies have on board is probably already insurmountable, but at least they fought manfully. Special mention for Umesh Yadav. For a dude playing in only his 3rd test to bowl the way he did and keep us in the game is special. We have found a gem here.

I could not watch for 2 hrs -- and it went from 30/4 to 134/4 :(( .. that morning spell from our pacers was epic. hats off to Umesh .. he was running in like he wants to turn it around on his own . some may say he was lucky but IMO he deserved it for his heart out effort. :two_thumbs_up:

Excellent effort from the bowlers today After the shocking collapse in the morning, we could well have let Aussies run away with the game. But thanks to an amazing fight back by the bowlers, led by Umesh in the morning and Zak in the last session, we are still in the game. Zak was brilliant in his spell with the old ball. Umesh was brilliant with the new ball and then in the last session, bowled his heart out, deserved another wicket in that spell with the old ball. Ishant had his moments through the day bowling 150+ at times and cleaning up Clarke with a beauty. And Ashwin kept things tight from one end letting the pacers attack from the other end. All in all, an excellent performance as a unit with each of them doing their bit. There were doubts on whether our attack can pick 20 wickets away from home. Think they have shown they can do that. If the batting starts giving them 350+ totals regularly, we would see this bowling line up win us a couple of tests on this tour.