NBA Season 2011-2012

Laaloo

Kobe hands it to the Heat. Lakers looking championship caliber again. Watch out Eastern conference. I still can't believe we let Odom go without getting anything in return.
:cantstop: They're probably the 4th, maybe 3rd best team in their conference, let alone 'championship' caliber.

Spurs are a terrific team (After all, Pop is Pop), but the lack of a quote unquote superstar player could cost them come playoff time. Playoff games are different to the regular season. Its not only about half-court execution, at which the Spurs are terrific at. Most playoff games are competitive affairs and you need a closer (Wade, Kobe etc) to bail your time out at least 2-3 times in a 7 game series and Spurs do not have that. This was one of the reasons why even though they had best record in the NBA even last season, but were blown away by the last seed Grizzlies in the 1st round of the playoffs. .
Quite the Spurs fan you are, I see. Which begs the question: are these your kids? http://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/spurs-fans-twin-sons-duncan-parker/121473 spurs-babies-duncan-parker-260x149.jpg
A San Antonio couple showed their Spurs pride by naming their newborn twin baby sons Duncan and Parker after two of the teamÃÔ biggest stars. Jon Paul and Crystal Dennison met when the two worked together at Spurs game in 2007. When they found out they were going to have children, they decided a Spurs tribute was in order. Paul and Dennison chose to name their children Duncan and Parker after Tim Duncan and Tony Parker, who have won three championships as teammates and combined for 17 All-Star Game appearances.

I maybe wrong' date=' but are you being sarcastic here, CA?[/quote'] Nossir, I am not. I was referring to the post you made ... I must admit, I just read the first sentence about "terrific team" and rest didn't register. Just prior to making that post, I had seen the article about the kids being named after Duncan and Parker ... and connected some dots. I have no idea which NBA team you support. Am just a casual fan of the league, and won't pay attention until the Conference finals come around.

It would be fascinating to know who the Orlando magic management would have traded Dwight to, if he had not waived his early termination option. It was pretty clear they were going to, if he hadnt signed the dotted line. Now, we probably would never know. And i would be amazed if the Lakers did not make ANY move at all.

It would be fascinating to know who the Orlando magic management would have traded Dwight to, if he had not waived his early termination option. It was pretty clear they were going to, if he hadnt signed the dotted line. Now, we probably would never know. And i would be amazed if the Lakers did not make ANY move at all.
I guess he would have gone to Jersey. He'd already said that he would love to play alongside D Will, but I don't think he would have won any rings with Nets, coz they simply suck. And, it's not as if they got a team to build on.
Derek Fisher gone from LA ?... Reports in. Traded for Sessions from Cleaveland.
:ohmy: Lakers have been the most active on the deadline day. Sessions for Kapono Jordan Hill for D Fish Camby to Houston Barbosa to Pacers Stephen Jackson to Spurs from GSW for 1st round pick + Richard Jefferson

Lakers lose Fisher and Odom this year, me no likey. :headshake: At least Gasol is still there. :pray: Kobe is playing great as usual, Bynum and Gasol are doing their thing, Metta World Peace is active on the boards, they are missing a good extra outside shooter, hopefully one of these new guys knows how to shoot in the clutch in the playoffs.