Looking At The Scoreboard Worries Me...

specially when the team management isnt planning to groom anyone. Yuvraj can only fill one slot what about the remaining 2-3. I have been trying to make this point for some time now but unfortunatly most on this forum (and other) are happy seeing their cricketing gods in the team.

We badly need consistent players. Currently we have Dhoni' date= Yuvraj, Agarkar, Zaheer, and Sreesanth that we can somewhat count on. Kathik is showing some glimpses off brilliance. Hopefully he is not another Sehwag in making. Rest of them are players that I can't count on.
I think you got 5/5 wrong. The only two we can (somewhat) count on are Dravid and Kumble.

sachin/dravid have a good 2-3 years left.... we are already trying to groom karthik/jaffer/gambhir for the opener's slot along with Sehwag once he finds his mojo.... Ganguly is the placeholder tht Greggie/More tried to clear out, but he is bak... VVS has another 4 yrs atleast given he doesnt play odis.... and all newbies for bowlers and keepers... i dont see a reason to panic, except tht our bowling is always mediocre...

sachin/dravid have a good 2-3 years left.... we are already trying to groom karthik/jaffer/gambhir for the opener's slot along with Sehwag once he finds his mojo.... Ganguly is the placeholder tht Greggie/More tried to clear out' date=' but he is bak... VVS has another 4 yrs atleast given he doesnt play odis.... and all newbies for bowlers and keepers... i dont see a reason to panic, except tht our bowling is always mediocre...[/quote'] The intent here is to avoid panic in the future (3-4 yrs)

See. We have been trying to give break to young batsmen. For BD series, Sachin and Saurav were rested in the ODI series and we gave break to Tiwari. But unfortunately he got injured. In the Future Cup series we tried rohit sharma, but he wasn't successful. I'm sure many others will get break during the ODI series vs England. The intent is there. But if the young ones fail, its not the fault of the senior batsmen, is it?

It will be easy to groom youngster if team is winning, and only way to win is to field your best XI, youngsters can be groomed on A tours, the indian cap should not be made so easy that any aera gera can have it...youngster should be made to sweat.

.youngster should be made to sweat.
Exactly! Yuvraj had almost cemented his place in the test team till he got injured. Ganguly was given a chance as all the young guns--Kaif, Raina etc had disappointed terribly in SA. Ganguly grabbed the opportunity with both hands and now it is Yuvraj who has to do all the running. I have a feeling that Sehwag will back in the team soon, as Jaffer will fail miserably!