Vaughan fears England have rushed Trescothick's return

King

Cricket: Michael Vaughan has expressed fears that Marcus Trescothick might be being brought back by England too soon133756417More... Vaughan fears England have rushed Trescothick's return By PETER HAYTER Trescothick, who is recovering from the stress-related illness that forced him to quit the tours to India and Australia last year, was last week named in the provisional 30-man squad for the Twenty20 World Cup. His inclusion has been taken as a signal that he is ready to return to international cricket and he confirmed his good form yesterday by under pressure to say 'I must play because I'm in the 30', because if it goes wrong again it would be over for him. "I spoke to Marcus a few weeks ago and he seems good. I just want to make sure that he's right to play for England and right in his health, that he's going to enjoy playing for England. "The most important thing is that he has to come back and enjoy it and not think 'Oh God', because he is a huge asset to the team. "This 30-man squad needs to happen, though I don't know why, and I hope it's not put him under undue pressure to force getting back when he's not ready." Vaughan resumes the captaincy of the Test side against India at Lord's on Thursday having made just six for Yorkshire against Warwickshire at Edgbaston yesterday.