Sign in to follow this  
speed_demon

For how Long can MSD be the captain due to the TINA factor?

His our BEST batsman in this format. Just needs to have the right mindset. The problem with him is he can only play well when he comes out in 16th-17th over like yesterday. He is such a valuable batsman in this format that the most economical bowler of the tourney also got smacked by him!
n why is that?should be good in watever situations,does it in ODIs too

The complete "popular" theory taking into effect and you want a few scapegoats. No problem but amidst that huge flow of emotions 2 + 2 gets added up to 5. Every move played by the captain/player becomes wrong. Here's what I meant - Dhoni has played against/with Du Plessis more than we have. He had an instinct - he tried it, it did not work and that's that. There are times it worked. He brought on Yuvraj for AB DeVilliers and not Ashwin which was a slick move. But alas, since we are out carry on the schadenfreude. PS - Before you start with the whole he should not be captain or player in T20 rant, note that I agree with you!

The complete "popular" theory taking into effect and you want a few scapegoats. No problem but amidst that huge flow of emotions 2 + 2 gets added up to 5. Every move played by the captain/player becomes wrong. Here's what I meant - Dhoni has played against/with Du Plessis more than we have. He had an instinct - he tried it, it did not work and that's that. There are times it worked. He brought on Yuvraj for AB DeVilliers and not Ashwin which was a slick move. But alas, since we are out carry on the schadenfreude. PS - Before you start with the whole he should not be captain or player in T20 rant, note that I agree with you!
arre yaar he himself said he brought on part timers to save Ashwin n Zak's overs,nothing else.if he said it was an attacking move n he saw something in Faf,it was okay,but to save ur main bowlers for laters?:confused:

Sorry MS Dhoni did not say he let part timers bowl to save Ashwin and Zaheer for the later overs. you have misinterpreted him completely. Let me quote him

We wanted to make use of the new ball initially. I knew that if our fast bowlers could swing it a bit and get those early breakthroughs in the first six overs, then we could put pressure through the spinners. But if we tried the other way around, it is more than certain that if the fast bowlers come on later, it will be difficult for them to get batsmen out unless they play a rash shot.
IMO, this means MS Dhoni wanted our fast bowlers to make best use of the new ball and make the spinners best use of the old ball. Zaheer and Pathan bowled the first 6 overs IIRC. No way this is "saving" either Zaheer or any front line bowler.

n why is that?should be good in watever situations' date='does it in ODIs too[/quote'] Told you, the problem is the mindset. If he comes in with the the mindset to go for the kill, then nobody in the phucking world can stop him. Maybe he should come in higher up the order, so that he can knock around the ball for singles and hit the odd boundary till about 12th-13th over and go berserk after that.

Sorry MS Dhoni did not say he let part timers bowl to save Ashwin and Zaheer for the later overs. you have misinterpreted him completely. Let me quote him IMO, this means MS Dhoni wanted our fast bowlers to make best use of the new ball and make the spinners best use of the old ball. Zaheer and Pathan bowled the first 6 overs IIRC. No way this is "saving" either Zaheer or any front line bowler.
did u watch the presentation ceremony yesterday,he clearly said he used part timers coz he didnt want to finish his main bowlers quota too early,those were his exact words

Told you' date=' the problem is the mindset. If he comes in with the the mindset to go for the kill, then nobody in the phucking world can stop him. Maybe he should come in higher up the order, so that he can knock around the ball for singles and hit the odd boundary till about 12th-13th over and go berserk after that.[/quote'] yeah he should hv more confidence in himself in T20s

did u watch the presentation ceremony yesterday' date='he clearly said he used part timers coz he didnt want to finish his main bowlers quota too early,those were his exact words[/quote'] I did - I would love to watch a replay though. Please link me.

yeah he should hv more confidence in himself in T20s
He has that confidence man. Nothing about the confidence. Its just that he does not start hitting out until its to late bcoz he knows the team depends on him. With CSK, the thing is after him also, there are guys like Morkel, Bravo etc. so he can play without pressure.e

:cantstop: What do we call these? Conspiracy or anti-conspiracy theories? I have a counter. Having bowled Du plessis in nets, Ashwin would have known better about the weaknesses of him. So it would have made more sense to have him bowl.
LOL! You missed out on the part where Dhoni saw some weakness in Faf's game that only the great Rohit Sharma could have exploited, yeah the great one who has a career economy rate of close to 10? :hysterical:

Oh and btw' date=' MS Dhoni looked VERY distraught yesterday. I don't think I have seen such a dull and sour face on him.[/quote'] True. but I do not think that he hasn't looked more disappointed than that. After last match against Eng and Aus in test series also, he looked hugely disappointed and distraught. Also in Wt20 09, he was very upset and apologized to the whole nation.

LOL! You missed out on the part where Dhoni saw some weakness in Faf's game that only the great Rohit Sharma could have exploited, yeah the great one who has a career economy rate of close to 10? :hysterical:
:hysterical: . Valid point, I had missed out in that.

I did - I would love to watch a replay though. Please link me.
cant find it.but I'm pretty sure I heard right. even otherwise it was no point saving Zak's last over n Ashwin after 121,even if he wanted to give Rohit an over fine,but then bring ur best n more dependable bowlers n attack,instead of Balaji n Yuvraj.

cant find it.but I'm pretty sure I heard right. even otherwise it was no point saving Zak's last over n Ashwin after 121,even if he wanted to give Rohit an over fine,but then bring ur best n more dependable bowlers n attack,instead of Balaji n Yuvraj.
I agree that he bowled Zaheer and Ashwin a couple of overs too late - no discussion on that point! :dontknow: My only point was there must be something he felt to give Rohit Sharma that over for Du Plessis - even Ian Chappell was for it on commentary. I think RKT mentioned we should have taken this like a 15-16 over game as 121 can be scored in T20 on most pitches. Btw, I dare say wasn't Du Plessis a bit lucky the other day? IIRC he got at least 7-8 edges in 35 balls!

I agree that he bowled Zaheer and Ashwin a couple of overs too late - no discussion on that point! :dontknow: My only point was there must be something he felt to give Rohit Sharma that over for Du Plessis - even Ian Chappell was for it on commentary. I think RKT mentioned we should have taken this like a 15-16 over game as 121 can be scored in T20 on most pitches. Btw, I dare say wasn't Du Plessis a bit lucky the other day? IIRC he got at least 7-8 edges in 35 balls!
Ashwin was the one who got the ball late. But Zak bowled 3 consecutive overs up front.

On australian tour our captain cool played with 3 spinners in t-20 against Aus and Here in Sri Lanka he went with only 1 genuine spinner against SA, even Aus were playing with 2 spinners against SA. Great captaincy. :two_thumbs_up:

I think he will continue for awhile till southafrica tour where another cool whitewash awaits :dance:.So guys be prepared for more cool kaptani :two_thumbs_up:.
Is that in south Africa? If then, out kaptaan will come out and say overseas test matches are practice matches!!! B->

Is that in south Africa? If then' date=' out kaptaan will come out and say [b']overseas test matches are practice matches!!! B->
He never said that - you are making it sound more worse than it already is.

Tried to find the exact quote but couldn't find it. If you know it then post it but it's along the same lines regardless
I have not found a credible source for it - TOI, DNA come up with sensational headlines and you never know what he was responding to. Along the same lines, can be dragged to varying degrees making 2 + 2 =5. I am sure if he said that one of the main news sites - Cricinfo, Cricbuzz, Wisden, ESPNStar would have covered it.

How long will Dhoni remain captain if he isnt even able to win at home? Pathetic performance. His keeping was shoddy, batting poor and captaincy horrid. The moment the batsman hit couple of fours, the field was pushed back giving away easy singles.

So Dhoni has to be blamed for inability of batsmen to play Panesar and Swann? And also for the exceptional batting by Cook and KP?
Course he has to take some of the blame. Accepts the plaudits when they win. He is finished as a captain - need fresh ideas and new thinking.

So Dhoni has to be blamed for inability of batsmen to play Panesar and Swann? And also for the exceptional batting by Cook and KP?
No he has to blamed for his own ordinary keeping, poor batting and captaincy. Spreading the field back at the slightest hint of counter attack by the batsmen and then and waiting for them to make mistakes.

yes he is the biggest cancer in the test team and the sooner he fks off the better for everyone

No he has to blamed for his own ordinary keeping' date= poor batting and captaincy. Spreading the field back at the slightest hint of counter attack by the batsmen and then and waiting for them to make mistakes.
You call those catches and run out ordinary? And he didn't drop any of the catches in the match IIRC.

if dhoni loses captaincy, he will probably quit test cricket and india will be a better team because of it his wicketkeeping sucks, he cant bat, and his captaincy is awful. how come nobody ever talks about this guy in the media? even tendulkar is getting destroyed by press and the public, and rightfully so but why is dhoni not getting any criticism?

if dhoni loses captaincy, he will probably quit test cricket. his wicketkeeping sucks, he cant bat, and his captaincy is awful. and india will be a better team because of it
Tere Munh mein ghee ,sakar.

Again, he would continue to be there due to the TINA factor. One or two good knocks from Kohli in the series would have put pressure on him, not to be with Kohli having brain freezes twice in the match. The way he lets the game drift the moment someone attacks or if a partnership builds is awful to watch. But given the inconsistent form of so many players at the same time, hard to see him getting the boot.

You call those catches and run out ordinary? And he didn't drop any of the catches in the match IIRC.
He missed two stumpings and a catch in the first match. I am sure you pulled out agarbattis and murtis of Dhoni when that happened.:hysterical:

What a useless test player.Find it pretty embarassing I used to defend him for his test credantials on this forum earlier ,deserrves every bit of it and more.Somebody change my username pls.

What a useless test player.Find it pretty embarassing I used to defend him for his test credantials on this forum earlier ' date='deserrves every bit of it and more.[b']Somebody change my username pls.
Mods..please do the needful..:two_thumbs_up:

The problem with Dhoni is that he doesnt have a proper front foot defense and he always goes at the ball with hard hands. So on any delivery that he doesn't read the line corretly, there is a chance of ball carrying to the close in fielders.