Squad of England and India in the Lords test

Englands squad has just been announced: Michael Vaughan, Andrew Strauss, Alastair Cook, Kevin Pietersen, Paul Collingwood, Ian Bell, Matt Prior, Ryan Sidebottom, Monty Panesar, Matthew Hoggard, Stephen Harmison, James Anderson, Stuart Broad Out of these the first 10 names are assured. The only questionmark is on Harmison, who is doubtful for the Lords test and Broad or Anderson can come for him.

There was never any doubt as for the 10 men for the team is concerned. I guess it was the 4th bowler that was supposed to be chosen based on the last couple of tour games. I guess RPS has come through while Ishant and Powar are sidelined for the first test. We will see this team : Karthik Jaffer Dravid Sachin Ganguly Laxman Dhoni Kumble Zaheer Sree RPS Most are pretty much automatic choices anyways.

I also think that the team that you've mentioned will be the playing XI for the Lords test. And if you compare this team with England's XI, it is inferior on many departments. So England team is clearly the better team, even if we base it just on current form. India has to fight tooth and nail for the series!

There was never any doubt as for the 10 men for the team is concerned. I guess it was the 4th bowler that was supposed to be chosen based on the last couple of tour games. I guess RPS has come through while Ishant and Powar are sidelined for the first test. We will see this team : Karthik Jaffer Dravid Sachin Ganguly Laxman Dhoni Kumble Zaheer Sree RPS Most are pretty much automatic choices anyways.
This will be 100% the team. Not team I would choose but certainly will be starting 11 for Thursday. Good enough to win :haha:
I also think that the team that you've mentioned will be the playing XI for the Lords test. And if you compare this team with England's XI, it is inferior on many departments. So England team is clearly the better team, even if we base it just on current form. India has to fight tooth and nail for the series!
Whenever India visits overseas whatever their team composition they will start as underdogs. On paper India certainly is a way better team. No need to mention the batting part but the bowling part isn't really bad compared to England. One to one comparison of bowling attack : Hoggard -- Zaheer (Hoggard is certainly way better) Sidebottom - Sreesanth (Sreesanth is more potent i.e bowling wise IMO) S.Borad - RPS (Nothing to choose between them irrespective of the 5fer Broad took. In fact RPS is way experienced) Monty vs Anil Kumble (No comparison here we all know the answer)

I'm talking about the current form of both set of players. Everyone is inform in England's team. Indian openers: sure will come cropper again new ball whereas England openers: Cook is in terrific form and Strauss was in form in the last inning that he played. #3 : India is better #4: Can't say, Pietersen can be really dangerous. #5: Collingwood is again in great nick compared to Ganguly's form #6: Bell hit few very good knocks vs WI, so he is in form too #7: Prior is much better than Dhoni in these conditions and is in great form So how can you say that India is better in batting? In records they might be, but it is the current form which will be crucial here.

Chandan, both teams have pathetic bolwing attacks.England have one of the most inexpirienced attacks (with only hoggard being some kinda vetran)Harmison's is out of the first test.Leaving (monty 17 tests, sidebottom 4 tests and broad(will play first) to bowl. Out of the pacers all are swing bowlers.Lacks varaity. (A bowling unit of Flintoff Harmison, hoggard and monty would be strong) On the other hand india have (z khan 43 tests Rp singh 4 tests sreesnath 8 tests along with kumble(115) tests.) Not a great diff between the two attacks in terms of averages current form etc. Both look impotent.(India should have had ajit on tour atleast way better at this moment than ishant, Bose i give benifit of doubt) Batting wise, hmm I think the kinda even as well. With sachin dravid kartick and laxman(played very well v sussex) looking in good touch. I see the test matches have draw written all over them. Atleast the first test at lords.

Remember how Hoggard trobled India on a hot and humid day at Bombay last year, that too bowling at 125kph speed?? He is a dangerous bowler. Sidebottom was awesome vs WI. Broad bowled well against Indians here at Chelmsford. And we know how well Monty has bowled this year as well as even last year vs Indians. So we'll underestimate this attack at our own peril. It is indeed worse than the regular attack of England, but it is not a bad bowling line-up, mind you. Certainly not worse than India.

Whenever India visits overseas whatever their team composition they will start as underdogs. On paper India certainly is a way better team. No need to mention the batting part but the bowling part isn't really bad compared to England. One to one comparison of bowling attack : Hoggard -- Zaheer (Hoggard is certainly way better) Sidebottom - Sreesanth (Sreesanth is more potent i.e bowling wise IMO) S.Borad - RPS (Nothing to choose between them irrespective of the 5fer Broad took. In fact RPS is way experienced) Monty vs Anil Kumble (No comparison here we all know the answer)
Matches aren't won on paper. Head to head, India may have a better bowling attack but these English bowlers are still good enough to take 20 wickets against a fragile Indian batting lineup.
I repeat lets see how good this eng batting is when we have a massive total on the board.
Replace the "when" with an "if" How did India's "tremendous" batting lineup do when England toured Mumbai last year, dsr ? 100 all out ? I don't trust the Indian batting lineup at all...they can pile up 500 one match, and 100 in the next.