Perth Test Pre and during match discussion thread

Perth Test Pre and during match discussion thread  

1. 1.

• Yes - these guys will give Martin and Tufnell a run for their money
    • No - there might be a team out there with a poorer tail

Australia will and should go with 4 pacers coz their spinner is useless against India especially on Australian pitches and their spinner is also not making runs. And Australia is focusing on preparing a fast-track. They should definitely go with 4 pacers. As far as India is concerned, whatever decision our team management takes, I'll be ok with that, coz on one hand, we have Ashwin who is second best batsman in Indian team so far and hope he gets his rhythm soon with the ball as well. Even if we go with 4 pacers, I won't mind if 4rth pacer is Mithun. Heard that he is hitting 145 k in nets. So, it will be good to see him bowl at Perth
if mithun is bowling well and pacy then he shud play ahead of Ashwin... and rohit shud play ahead of DRAVID or kohli for me......perth is a fast track i am sure sehwag will score less than 10 runs in both the innings....he does not have the technique to handle these dangerous pitches.........though i wud love to have him play. secondly i feel vvs is now not so good as he was really batting badly on full length balls

Ojha is no Bishen singh bedi or Derek Underwood. He can bowl accurately keep the batsman down for a long time. Anyone with decent technique would be able to negotiate him on these pitches. So there is no telling Ojha would have made difference. He might have. But you can't be sure. But if you have a leggie i would go for him as leggies get more purchase on Australian pitches than finger spinners.

Ganguly is jumping the gun a bit and his softness towards bhajji is known ,But in these conditions ojha also would have struggled.No indian spinner apart from kumble had suceess on australian tracks in recent years so dropping ashwin is out of question,he did take 5 wickets in the first test and hussey was dropped at a crucial stage of his bowling.

i bet varun aron who has the capability to hit 145k+ wud have loved to play in perth......this wud have been his chance straight away.
Lets make him realize that(that he has lost the opportunity of his life and he should only focus on pace, which is 4 he is in team) on his twitter account again and again. I've already done that. More and more people should make him realize so that he actually realizes that
+1. He spoke so authoritatively..everyone believed him. The whole thing turned out to be pure BS.
LOL, I agree. But seriously, We all know Mithun has the capability to bowl around 140s and if in this Australia tour, he has picked up his level, that should not be shocking. Look Australian conditions are completely different, the air the food, the ground level and the soil and we always see Indian pacers bowling above their normal levels. And many cricket experts used to call Mithun next big thing, just 1 and a half years ago