Perth Test Pre and during match discussion thread

Perth Test Pre and during match discussion thread  

1. 1.

• Yes - these guys will give Martin and Tufnell a run for their money
    • No - there might be a team out there with a poorer tail

ishant should really work on dealing with the bodyline bouncers, zaheer has just given up, he has just bcome a mad slogger, no hope from yadav, maybe can hit a 4 or 6 here nd there... only ashwin looks the real deal who can learn more nd become a proper all rounder, otherwise yeah its one of the worst tail one cannot even think of our tail bailing us out from a situation like 90-6 to 300 like england did against the pakis

Retreating into a shell? In reality, our batsmen are facing the exact opposite problem – anxiety to score. They have got it into their heads that the next wicket taking ball is barely around the corner, so they fall for the full, wide teaser like house-flies for sugar. There’s no real intent to look ugly for 2 hours, play out an entire session and cash in on the 3rd session. Everyone’s eager to get off to a start and are playing thru cover like someone’s holding up a gun to their head. Its harsh to single out anyone in these circumstances – but the shot Sachin played to get out in my opinion was CRIMINAL. It is ok if he wanted to score, but no way should that scoring attempt have been a tentative swipe at a ball pitched 2 feet outside off-stump. He has the skill to keep scoring by using the other parts of the ground and he has done it in this very same ground 7 years ago, but y'day, it was a terrible lapse of judgment. The Indian batsmen have obviously talked about the batting debacle at MCG and the unanimous sentiment seems to have been – We need to back ourselves, we cannot get into our shells and let them get on top of us. Hence, you see all batsmen playing all sorts of shots thru that ONE area where they are most likely to get out – Point to Extra-cover. Why not leave every effing thing outside off-stump, even if it is for an entire session? Does not matter if we scored only 30-35 runs, we can cash in later when the bowlers are tired and ball has stopped swinging. But to be fair to our guys, the length that Pattinson bowls – and this is where Ishant falls flat – is making it really hard for them to figure out which ones to leave and which ones to play.

I said I wanted Nehra and Munaf for Aus series.. Some posters mocked me on here and we got Ishant, VK and Mithun instead. Some posters critisized me saying Nehra didn't have fitness e.t.c Bottom line is these guys would have done better. Discuss. Why this Kolaveri di when it comes to decent backup bowlers like Nehra and Munaf? [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6gHlK-Mm2Y]Why This Kolaveri Di - English R&B Remix - YouTube[/ame]

""these guys would have done better. "" would have should have.. must have.. all hypothetical. All Indian cricketers can suck for long periods of time any time, any day without giving out any advance notice so you never really know. Nehra has a very thakela attitude. I would try Mithun over Ishant for this tour.

""these guys would have done better. "" would have should have.. must have.. all hypothetical. All Indian cricketers can suck for long periods of time any time, any day without giving out any signs. so you never really know. Nehra has a very thakela attitude. I would try Mithun over Ishant for this tour.
Nehra bowls 130-136k swinging both ways. Yes he is getting older, doesn't play much first class cricket but the key is when you play a series you have to have an eye on the PRESENT. What use is losing 4-0? Same for Munaf. He extracts bounce and bowls accurate. Wouldn't have been diabolical. But no, obsession with phasst bowlers and crap trundlers is stupid. I would choose VK over Ishant but Mithun does get bounce. Maybe play all 4 seamers and drop Ashwin. Ojha should get a game in this series at some point too.
A fighting fit Irfan is polishing his skills at the NCA where injured pacers Varun Aaron, Munaf Patel and Praveen Kumar are undergoing rehabilitation. They, along with Irfan, would be on the selectors' radar, provided they regain match fitness, for next month's triangular series in Australia. "After Baroda failed to qualify for the quarterfinals, I had no matches to play. That's why I am practising at the NCA these days. It's a good place to practise, and has all the facilities," Irfan, who was here for the launch of a reality TV show, told MAIL TODAY .
http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/irfan-pathan-yusuf-pathan-india-xi-nca-bangalore/1/167183.html Munaf is at NCA, he might be fit though and just training there cause baroda did not qualify for knockouts
Some posters mocked me on here and we got Ishant, VK and Mithun instead. Some posters critisized me saying Nehra didn't have fitness e.t.c Bottom line is these guys would have done better. Discuss. Why this Kolaveri di when it comes to decent backup bowlers like Nehra and Munaf?
Nehra??????????? :WTF: If its the same one I remember he was horrid in Aust. Played 3 matches at an average of 95 :((
Brilliant... now tell us how do you know that??
Just like how I said GG has a weakness outside offstump 6 months ago. Just like I said Yadav will take wickets in Aus but due to being a rookie will have issues supporting ZK. Just like how I said Ishant will flop as a senior bowler and won't work well in tandem with ZK. Also how our batsmen and bowlers don't make counter plans with coach. No strategy, all is based on hope and someone having a good day. This is all common sense, no brilliance needed :hatsoff: We didn't address our issues and this is what happens.

One thing I always admired about Nehra, regardless of how crap he might look on field, when he gets to bowl, he will run in hard and bowl his heart out. You can watch some clips of the recent matches he played, the guy littlerally runs fast and gives it all when he bowl. At field and other things he sucks I know but I would take such players over Sreesanth every day Though that said, it's easy to single out someone rite now since our bowling has sucked just now.

One thing I always admired about Nehra, regardless of how crap he might look on field, when he gets to bowl, he will run in hard and bowl his heart out. You can watch some clips of the recent matches he played, the guy littlerally runs fast and gives it all when he bowl. At field and other things he sucks I know but I would take such players over Sreesanth every day Though that said, it's easy to single out someone rite now since our bowling has sucked just now.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:,Are you drunk? Nehra Bowling his heart out and running in every ball ?Thats the best joke of 2012,That guy Did not even play first class cricket for 3 years thinking he would walk in to odi team and play first few matches as warm up matches,He is the laziest bowler after munaf i have seen,He looks like running in every ball as he has short runup and thats his action but he deliveries ball at 130km/h and after 10 over make that 120km/h.