Trouble in the neighbourhood !

Ram

China has never been a democracy. Pakistan , at best , flirts with democracy every now and then ! Now , its Bangladesh's turn. The interim govt backed by the army , has arrested Sheikh Hasina . The rumours doing the rounds says Khaleda Zia is next. That is two of Bangladesh's biggest democratic leaders put behind bars so close to each other ! So much for India's vision of "exporting" democracy to all parts of the world. If anything , nations seem to be fed up of democracy. There is a definite trends towards totally un-popular democratically elected govts being over-thrown either by the army , or by army backed organizations/induviduals ! All the best India !

Guest dada_rocks

man this time they did it in islamabad, high profile ex chief justice's lawyers's addressal venue.. if mushy is not hand in glove here then I fear for the extent of extremist presence in our parosi land..

Mushy probably wants to hold on to power and this is part of his diversion tactics. Mushy ke days might be numbered. Then again all the past attacks on him could have been staged attacks. Just get some popcorns and watch the tamasha.

Having bangladesh also slip into full military rule will be a disaster to India. Then , there will be trouble on both the western and eastern fronts. We have got the worst neighbours by far !

Israel and Israel's neighbours might argue otherwise' date=' but we are pretty close.[/quote'] Only difference is, Israel's neighbours have a very good reason to complain against Israel, none of our neighbours do. We didnt go around blowing civillians up like israeli terrorists, poisoning the wells near villages and deporting people at gunpoint like Israelis did.

CC did you like my joke about your firm called Captain Chacha? :tounge_smile: Would you be hurt if I use it as my signature? :present:
I didnt get it , which is why i didnt comment on it.( i dunno who is captain chacha ? Is this that indian comic with some shorty indian guy who's got this tall guy from Jupiter or something to do his bidding?) Use it if you want to- wouldn't offend me. :thumbs_up:

Guest dada_rocks

With only difference in our case is we are yet to be collectively attacked by our neighbours not once but twice; unlike israel....

With only difference in our case is we are yet to be collectively attacked by our neighbours not once but twice; unlike israel....
That too...but unlike Israel, India didnt go electing terrorists as its leaders who blew up civillians, poisoned civillians and kicked people out at gun-point. That is a far bigger difference in conduct.

I don't care what happens to Bangladesh. I think the world has pretty much learnt a lesson from the Neo-Cons of America that you can't go around "Exporting Democracy." You'll end up creating more problems that you wished to solve. Something someone said about Hell, a road there, it's paved with intentions that are good, r'somthing?!!?

And let me qualify that statement ... ... I wish Bangladesh the best; but it ain't India's job to secure it's republican nature.
Very true...but at the same time,it'd be naive to say 'i don't care what happens to bangladesh'. Especially when it has 95% of its borders with India in all 3 directions that isnt the sea. Whether we like it or not, we have to care kyooki hamare taang be ataka hua hai wahaan par.

And let me qualify that statement ... ... I wish Bangladesh the best; but it ain't India's job to secure it's republican nature.
Thats a totally short-sighted uninformed opinion. Instability across the border spells doom for India in many ways. I think we have learnt from history that unstable always cause trouble for us. We should not forget that. We should do all we can to prop up the moderate forces in our neighbourhood.

na ilaaha il allah rajun:hysterical:
That was quite distasteful DR. Making fun of dead ppl, and especially soldiers who die fighting, irregardless of their nationality is.. just very low indeed.