How confident are you that India will beat Eng/Aus at home?

How confident are you that India will beat Eng/Aus at home?  

1. 1.

• Different ball game at home - India will win easily
    • It will be close but India will win
    • Draw
    • India will lose at home as well

I think the series will be close fought. There is no way India will win easily. India rarely crush sides at home. In their ascent to the number 1 spot in test cricket, India won a lot of tight matches at home and did not crush teams too often. The home series win against England in 08/09 was made possible by India chasing down a freakish score on the last day thanks to superb knocks from Sehwag and Sachin (England were on top for 70% of that match and comfortably drew the 2nd match in that series). In the last BG home series, Australia were in positions to win both tests (especially at Mohali). In our last home series with South Africa (drew 1-1). We came within minutes of losing that series but Harbhajan took Morkel's wicket a few minutes from the close of play. The likes of New Zealand and West Indies have been in excellent positions to win matches in their last series in India but were unable to capitalise on their opportunities. India's ascent to being the number 1 team in test matches was due to the fact that they won a lot of tight matches and someone stepped up at the crucial moment. Now that we seem to be some way off our best we are being beaten easily in foreign conditions.
India could have won 2nd match against England if Dhoni had declared earlier. Also we have defeated Aus 2-0 twice, SL 2-0,WI 2-0. If you are considering positions to win matches even we were in such a position in Mebourne, Trent Bridge and Lord's (after Ishant spell).
I think the series will be close fought. There is no way India will win easily. India rarely crush sides at home. In their ascent to the number 1 spot in test cricket, India won a lot of tight matches at home and did not crush teams too often. The home series win against England in 08/09 was made possible by India chasing down a freakish score on the last day thanks to superb knocks from Sehwag and Sachin (England were on top for 70% of that match and comfortably drew the 2nd match in that series). In the last BG home series, Australia were in positions to win both tests (especially at Mohali). In our last home series with South Africa (drew 1-1). We came within minutes of losing that series but Harbhajan took Morkel's wicket a few minutes from the close of play. The likes of New Zealand and West Indies have been in excellent positions to win matches in their last series in India but were unable to capitalise on their opportunities. India's ascent to being the number 1 team in test matches was due to the fact that they won a lot of tight matches and someone stepped up at the crucial moment. Now that we seem to be some way off our best we are being beaten easily in foreign conditions.
True, but now that we've been thumped badly I'm sure the BCCI will pick venues carefully and prepare rank turners for every match.

If we continue with the same team we will struggle even at home.These failures aren't just because they are way from home.We are talking about some of the finest batsmen of the modern era.Its just that they are past it and need replacing. So just by returning to home doesn't mean they will find their best form.We even collapsed against West Indies with these batsmen not just away from home. I would have lot more confidence if youngsters are given a chance.

If we continue with the same team we will struggle even at home.These failures aren't just because they are way from home.We are talking about some of the finest batsmen of the modern era.Its just that they are past it and need replacing. So just by returning to home doesn't mean they will find their best form.We even collapsed against West Indies with these batsmen not just away from home. I would have lot more confidence if youngsters are given a chance.
Me too. And it will happen. I don't see Laxman playing the next series and also Dravid retiring soon. So Pujara, Rohit and Kohli it will be.
Needn't be sarcastic. If Australia and England prepare green tracks where matches end in 3 days and are labelled as 'sportive' pitches then we are well within our rights to prepare turners which suits our style of play.
true.. we should prepare turning tracks. If a green pitch is a sporting track why a turner can't be.
no. anybody who thinks that this current indian side could beat either england or SA at home is a ****ing idiot. indian batsmen couldn't put runs on the board against the might of new zealand and west indies, what hope do they have of doing well against far superior bowling attacks.
current indian side won't . but if we get rid of the oldies and put ppl like virat and rohit in they will.
I used to think that but the Kanpur pitch is going to far... The only reason these matches have ended in 3 days is because of India's inept batting. The Aus pitches may be green but provide opportunities for Batsmen to play their strokes and for bowlers to get something from the pitch too. By all means we should prepare spin friendly pitches but I don't believe in a complete dust bowl. It doesn't help us in the long run anyway.
australia only batted for 70 overs also,It was warners innings which made the difference rest scored 150.

England spinners are Panesar and Swann, ours are Ashwin and Ojha. Englands are better frankly, as will be their pace attack even if they will be a bit nulled in India. So it will come down to how well ours tackle their spinners and vice versa that is where we should come out on top even if there are a few new batsmen (which is what we are hoping)

Will be an easy victory for England. India have no decent spinners and all their greats have retired. Kohli's the only half decent batsman you chaps have left.
Ojha is very good in Indian conditions and Ashwin looked good in his debut series. England will have to rely on their pacers to win them tests in India because Indian batsmen are animals against spin and Swann will be taken apart.
still cricket old man still cricket. no team which has been **** in odis ever been good in tests in similar conditions. also it's not you lost odis in respectable manner. you've been getting mauled for years.
They did well in tests compared to their performances in the ODI's in 2008/2009. England are a different animal in tests compared to ODI's.