How confident are you that India will beat Eng/Aus at home?

How confident are you that India will beat Eng/Aus at home?  

1. 1.

• Different ball game at home - India will win easily
    • It will be close but India will win
    • Draw
    • India will lose at home as well

That Aus side was in decline. Also India was probably at their peak in tests back then. It's all changed, and that was the time we played you a few months later and lost the 2 test series 1-0. Different now. It's great batsmen are retired or on their last legs and you have bunnies as replacements.
these bunnies can bat like giants in india. suresh raina has century on debut. murali vijay hit century against same oz bowlers who are tormenting us now. s ramesh hit centuries against mcwarne. vinod kambli who had a very bad short ball problem destroyed you guys. sehwag avgs 70+ in sc i believe. even dhoni avgs 45+. hell, even ashwin and bhajji have scored centuries here. u don't have to worry about our batting.
that's simple logic' date=' isn't it. the better team will win. in 90s they were better and you sucked and vice versa. but the thing is even after becoming good you couldn't win there while they were beating you home and away while they were good.[/quote'] We won there in 2000 and we weren't much good then. We haven't beaten them since but the last time they won here was back in 1996. We've only been back once, and that England side isn't as good as the current one. That team was not the no.1 side. They were just a good team who played to the highest level of their ability against that Australian team in scraped out on top. This England team is much stronger and I'd fancy this team to beat the current Pakistan in Pakistan but we'll never know.
We won there in 2000 and we weren't much good then. We haven't beaten them since but the last time they won here was back in 1996. We've only been back once' date=' and that England side isn't as good as the current one. That team was not the no.1 side. They were just a good team who played to the highest level of their ability against that Australian team in scraped out on top. This England team is much stronger and I'd fancy this team to beat the current Pakistan in Pakistan but we'll never know.[/quote'] but conditions are very diff there. eng have not really been tested in the sc. most of their wins have come in conditions pretty friendly for them. unlike the oz and indies team which won everywhere. i don't think england will be able to cope in sc seeing their performance in odis (u may say that odis suck etc etc but thing is aus and wi were very good in odis in the sc too that's why they performed in tests). anyone who gets rolled 5-0 won't do well in tests too i believe. 3-2 or something may be. 5-0 is too huge and in 4 of the matches you hardly crossed 200.
We won there in 2000 and we weren't much good then. We haven't beaten them since but the last time they won here was back in 1996. We've only been back once' date=' and that England side isn't as good as the current one. That team was not the no.1 side. They were just a good team who played to the highest level of their ability against that Australian team in scraped out on top. This England team is much stronger and I'd fancy this team to beat the current Pakistan in Pakistan but we'll never know.[/quote'] We have won 11 tests in India and lost only 14 with 26 draws (Underlining my point) So only a 3 test difference Any idea what the difference is for India away to England Deathmonger?
but conditions are very diff there. eng have not really been tested in the sc. most of their wins have come in conditions pretty friendly for them. unlike the oz and indies team which won everywhere. i don't think england will be able to cope in sc seeing their performance in odis (u may say that odis suck etc etc but thing is aus and wi were very good in odis in the sc too that's why they performed in tests). anyone who gets rolled 5-0 won't do well in tests too i believe. 3-2 or something may be. 5-0 is too huge and in 4 of the matches you hardly crossed 200.
odis do not reflect tests, when will you understand that?
Good teams get draws, poor teams get rolled. So by your logic, if we draw with you in India we must be the bettwer team because we beat you at home, but you could not beat us in your home?
How many teams have drawn series in India? If you draw the series, you've obviously had the better of us because you beat the **** out of us at home and didn't lose away.
but conditions are very diff there. eng have not really been tested in the sc. most of their wins have come in conditions pretty friendly for them. unlike the oz and indies team which won everywhere. i don't think england will be able to cope in sc seeing their performance in odis (u may say that odis suck etc etc but thing is aus and wi were very good in odis in the sc too that's why they performed in tests). anyone who gets rolled 5-0 won't do well in tests too i believe. 3-2 or something may be. 5-0 is too huge and in 4 of the matches you hardly crossed 200.
You beat us 6-1 in ODI's back in 2006 but we drew the test series 1-1. We won the Ashes in 2009 but lost the ODI series 6-1. We won the ashes away last year but lost the ODI series 6-1. ODI's are not treated with the same respect as tests by English cricketers.
We have won 11 tests in India and lost only 14 with 26 draws (Underlining my point) So only a 3 test difference Any idea what the difference is for India away to England Deathmonger?
It's far more I agree. But series to series ratio is same (three each). Cause we won 1-0, 2-0 or drew 0-0 in the early days while you guys massacred us. But then again we were just beginning to play. If you consider a period when we had found our feet say 1970, h2h ratio would look much prettier.
How many teams have drawn series in India? If you draw the series, you've obviously had the better of us because you beat the **** out of us at home and didn't lose away.
I think we are in agreement India has only won 5 tests in England and been beaten 27 times England have won 11 in India and lost 14 I think you can see the difference As you know I dont count ODI's
You beat us 6-1 in ODI's back in 2006 but we drew the test series 1-1. We won the Ashes in 2009 but lost the ODI series 6-1. We won the ashes away last year but lost the ODI series 6-1. ODI's are not treated with the same respect as tests by English cricketers.
don't include ashes. they are in oz conditions, similar to eng conditions. you lost 5-0 in odis 2008 and lost 1-0 in tests. thing is you lost. not huge but still lost. since when you guys won a series over here last we have won two. you'll lose again ... not by a huge margin but still lose.
To point out as well we've also won ODI series but lost test series. To India in 2007, to South Africa in 2008 and the ashes back in 07. Test cricket and ODI cricket are different.
Those ODI series were not as one sided as they are here. lik i said 3-2 would mean something. 5-0 means complete inability to play spin.
It's far more I agree. But series to series ratio is same (three each). Cause we won 1-0' date=' 2-0 or drew 0-0 in the early days while you guys massacred us. But then again we were just beginning to play. If you consider a period when we had found our feet say 1970, h2h ratio would look much prettier.[/quote'] Not really you have lost 27 times here and only won 5 drawing 20 Please note the lower draw ratio due to pitches capable of teams getting 20 wickets on All in all you have been pwned by England, but you did have that one good patch recently, but now that is over, back to normal:--D
I think we are in agreement India has only won 5 tests in England and been beaten 27 times England have won 11 in India and lost 14 I think you can see the difference As you know I dont count ODI's
all minnow bashing in our early days. one of england's series win in india comes in 1933 in our 3rd and 4th matches. :haha: in odis we have better h2h as we had found our feet by then.
Those ODI series were not as one sided as they are here. lik i said 3-2 would mean something. 5-0 means complete inability to play spin.
No it doesnt, it means a side that is totally different than our test side experimenting or being blooded in SC conditions. As others have said Eng are more worried about tests and the Ashes
Not really you have lost 27 times here and only won 5 drawing 20 Please note the lower draw ratio due to pitches capable of teams getting 20 wickets on All in all you have been pwned by England, but you did have that one good patch recently, but now that is over, back to normal:--D
all minnow bashing in our early days. we whitewashed you 3-0 in 92-93. won over there in 86 and 07 where you did not win a single match.
don't include ashes. they are in oz conditions' date=' similar to eng conditions. you lost 5-0 in odis 2008 and lost 1-0 in tests. thing is you lost. not huge but still lost. since when you guys won a series over here last we have won two. you'll lose again ... not by a huge margin but still lose.[/quote'] I'm pointing the ashes results out to show that it's not uncommon for us to do well in a test series but fall to bits in ODI's. This is because so much is putting into the tests and ODI's aren't taken with quite the same respect. So your comparision with ODI's and test form has no bearing on one another. If we lose the test series to India but won the ODI series nobody back home would care about the ODI result. Just disappointed with the test performances.