vent your frustration of the past..

Re: vent your frustration of the past.. DR... AFAIK, no-one hates Ganguly.... most of whom u think are Gangulyhaters felt he didnt deserve to be in the team on persistent bad form over 2-3 yrs and now he is back and performing and tht can only make us glad tht he is in the team cos he deserves a place...

Re: vent your frustration of the past.. I think it's fair to say that, pre-Beedi, 90% of us Indian supporters didn't care who was captain, who scored the winning runs, etc as long he was an Indian. Beedi came in, acrid smoke wafting in from Dubai and all, and suddenly Analf wakes up to his long cherished dream. Ever since the guy was a child, and failed every subject at school, ever since he discovered he was buck toothed and had the most horrendous halitosis, ever since his CVs were turned into paper spitoons by prospective employers, the guy has had just one dream...how to get up people's nose and get down to their ass, while releasing chilly powder all the way. With Beedi's advent, he realised his ideals. A little birdie tells me he sent her a proposal through the post, buck toothed photo and all, and had the mortification to see a job offer by return mail to be Beedi's scarecrow in the backyard opium garden. Anyway, getting back to the point, the Analf-Beedi combo turned scores of Ganguly admirers, for admired he was as the most successful Indian captain ever, into legions of Ganguly haters. Every day, one would log on, hoping to read about the team, and would stumble upon reams and reams of odious comparisons between two loyal servants of Indian cricket, one being idolized as Hinduisms, 14-crore-and-first-deity, and the other shamelessly lampooned to the point that any self respecting person wanted to kill, destroy, maim the persons who perpetrated this. Were we Ganguly haters? Nah Dada, you got it wrong there. We loved the man until the perverts started insisting we bare our ass, walk backwards, until we impaled ourselves on sharp, pointed, smelly, poisoned beedis. And that wasn't going to happen, no sir. I ain't living with a beedi up my backside for the rest of my life.

Re: vent your frustration of the past..

I think it's fair to say that, pre-Beedi, 90% of us Indian supporters didn't care who was captain, who scored the winning runs, etc as long he was an Indian. Beedi came in, acrid smoke wafting in from Dubai and all, and suddenly Analf wakes up to his long cherished dream.
dhondy you might not know this but hitler invited beedi to that board..

Re: vent your frustration of the past.. and yoda you will not be banned and your post will not be deleted for expressing yout thoghts... :lol::lol: and exactly the same i thought about ganguly.... some good performance from sehwag..sachin and laxman...and from our bowlers..and dravid can win the series 3-0.. and as prof says many times...a captain can only do so much...he can not bat for rest of he 10players.... and this whole leadership issue really pissed me off.... ponting is the winnigest captain at present..can he lead BD to a victory against SL?? never in my life time... and i always said that a great team make a captain look great... though i know leadeship qualities play a greater role in many fields..but in cricket...its role is limited to some extent..

Re: vent your frustration of the past.. GIB, Captain is very imp..leadership is always important in a team enviroment..Key is leader should be leading from the front, has respect from all quarters and should be able to easily sell his philosophy with his teammates... leader should have followers..I am sure here Dravid has many followers..he is role model... same thing with Dada..Dada played with pride. and gave lot of support to talented bunch of Sehwag, Yuvraj, Bhajji etc.. Remember Bhajji was no way in limelight before Aussie series..He was expelled from NCA...and not in rudder screen of selectors..Ganguly brought him back.. Similalry, Dravid has the following..we are in good hands..

>not true. >i only hate non-performers non-performers...huh..and you are wasting your time on MB instead at work.. hahhaaaha
HaHaHa. Do you know that I am the reigning MVP at my company (given to the person who does outstanding work for the company - above and beyond their normal duty)? No, it was not for my outstanding work at the ICFs. :lol: That's why one shouldn't second guess another's personal life on an MB. :hic:

Re: vent your frustration of the past.. Any true Indian supporter do not hate Ganguly or Rahul but are usually an emotional lot that wants to side with the ones that are doing well at any given point of time. Rahul Dravid has more followers than haters simply because he has been very successful through out. Ganguly had his bad moments and had forgotten he has to constantly work on his cricket. Ganguly also had taken his captaincy and position in the team. Now he has found out he has to work hard still to be in the team. If Rahul Dravid treads similar lines he will be treated similarly too. No that most are working hard it sounds good for the team. For once there are no haters for either man. Ganguly fans are happy with Ganguly's form and Rahul's fans are happy with the way he is progressing as captain in test cricket. :wtg:

Guest dada_rocks

DR... AFAIK' date=' no-one hates Ganguly.... most of whom u think are Gangulyhaters felt he didnt deserve to be in the team on persistent bad form over 2-3 yrs and now he is back and performing and tht can only make us glad tht he is in the team cos he deserves a place...[/quote'] going by the kind of bull $hit flowed profusely and kept flowing even at the eve of his selection tells otherwise.. .. anyway i will leave it at that don;t want to dwell upon it ad infinitum and vitiate the atmosphere.
Guest dada_rocks

I suppose DR's comments are towards me. Ganguly played superbly and showed a lot of fight' date=' more than I expected. However, its one test match and he did well. Hopefully, he can continue for the rest of the series.[/quote'] You are the extreme form who believes ganguly never was batsman of any class.. :wall: I am talking about the milder a bit rational critics..