The Bangladesh Premier League

jashan83

:haha::haha: Anyway, I doubt Afridi will be available. He said his first priority is intl Cricket and this tournament is coinciding with our ODI's against England. Unless they decide to reschedule the tournament.:giggle:
Or use the most common Pakistani trick... Retire for 20 days and than unRetire for the next 20 days!! :hysterical:
hamid hassan bought for $40,000- one of my fav I like the rule thats says a team must buy at least one player from the associated nations.
Well...that is a fantastic rule...I have been looking forward for a long time for IPL to enact such a rule in IPL....infact I want it better. Atleast 1 associate player to be played from the Intl player rule. Heck....that that player from the Indian player pool (currently at min 7 per playing XI). IMO....quite a lot of crap Indian domestic players have lost the desire to improve there game since they are already crore-patis playing in IPL.

Not trying to be offensive (so sorry in advance to any banga supporters), but how ironic does Bangladesh and Premier League in the same sentence sound. Took me about half an hour to slow down the laughing and choking. Seriously best of luck to the bangas if it improves their skill and performance its only good for cricket.

hamid hassan bought for $40,000- one of my fav I like the rule thats says a team must buy at least one player from the associated nations.
If what you say is true then I personaly think that's a great way to expand cricket. IPL should also put in this rule, in a way this will allow they smaller nations to perform better so they can be in the spotlight and they will also get to play with big names.

Dean Jones: Money Talks

Not trying to be offensive (so sorry in advance to any banga supporters), but how ironic does Bangladesh and Premier League in the same sentence sound. Took me about half an hour to slow down the laughing and choking. Seriously best of luck to the bangas if it improves their skill and performance its only good for cricket.
"BPL pays more than Big Bash. When it comes to players salary."
DEAN Jones has warned that the Big Bash will need to substantially increase its player payments in the wake of burgeoning Twenty20 competitions around the world. The former Australian batsman leaves for Bangladesh this week as coach of the Chittagong Kings in the new six-team Bangladesh Premier League (PBL), which will hold its inaugural tournament this month. Michael Bevan will be his assistant coach. Remarkably cricket’s minnows have a salary cap twice as much as the Big Bash, $2 million compared to $1 million. “They’re going to have to,” Jones said of the Big Bash increasing its payments. The Big Bash salary cap will remain at $1 million again next season because the new eight-team city-based competition was launched two years ahead of schedule. Cricket Australia will lose at least $24 million over two years on the revamped Big Bash but expects to get all that back and more from a new television rights deal at the end of next season There will also be a new memorandum of understanding with the Australian Cricketers’ Association which will be based in part on a new financial model being prepared by Cricket Australia. Unlike the IPL and the BPL, Big Bash player payments are not made public, but former West Indian captain Chris Gayle was the highest paid player on an estimated $270,000, more than a quarter of the Sydney Thunder’s salary cap. The minimum Big Bash payment was $20,000, which is what Stuart MacGill received for being a member of the Sydney Sixers premiership side. Former Pakistan captain Shahid Afridi attracted the highest BPL bid at $700,000 while Gayle went for $551,000. His West Indies compatriots Marlon Samuels and Kieron Pollard were also popular, selling $360,000 and $300,000 respectively. A total of 111 overseas players and 80 local cricketers were auctioned. They included Sri Lanka’s retired Muttiah Muralitharan, the Test and one-day wicket record holder, who went for $100,000. The best priced Australian was Brad Hodge at $140,000. Other Australians were Brad Hogg and Stuart MacGill, who each went for $50,000, although MacGill has since withdrawn because of “auction irregularities.” Jones was batting coach at the Melbourne Renegades, where Afridi and Hodge both played. Not only does Jones believe the Big Bash will need to pay more money for players in future, he also questioned the length of the tournament. The Big Bash went for six weeks from mid December, with each team playing seven regular matches before semi-finals and the final. If Jones’s Chittagong Kings mate the final they will play 12 matches in 17 days. “I reckon that’s the way to do it, keep the competition moving,” Jones said.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/cricket/money-talks-in-big-bash-t20-battle/story-fn67w6pa-1226259833854
If what you say is true then I personaly think that's a great way to expand cricket. IPL should also put in this rule' date=' in a way this will allow they smaller nations to perform better so they can be in the spotlight and they will also get to play with big names.[/quote'] Yep, and one of my fav Neil O'brien is playing with Shakib for Khulna Royal Bengals B->

Barisal to have Gayle force for 5 matches

The clouds of uncertainty have cleared - West Indian master-blaster Chris Gayle will play for the Barisal Burners in five matches in the upcoming Bangladesh Premier League T 20 tournament. ''Gayle will play for us from the first match and will continue until the fifth match," one of the Burners' directors Sabik Rahman told bdnews24.com on Saturday. The Burners secured the services of the mercurial left-handed opener and off-spinner for $551,000. Earlier it was said that the former West Indies skipper would play only in the first two matches. Pakistan's dashing all-rounder Shahid Afridi is the only player to have fetched more money than Gayle in the auction. Afridi was booked by Dhaka Gladiators for $700,000. Barisal Burners will face Sylhet Royals in the tournament's inaugural match at Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium in Mirpur on Feb 10. In their fifth match, Barisal Burners will take on Chittagong Kings at Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium on Feb 16. Bangladesh Premier League T 20 tournament is the first of its kind in the country.

I wanna praise the Bangladesh authorities for trying to make this work. They have outsourced the organisation to an Indian company (Game On) and are paying the highest salaries second ONLY to the IPL. The TV rights have gone to ESPN and so will be shown world wide. As bad as BD cricket might be they are TRYING and I feel this should be applauded. Let's support our neighbourly cousins who are clearly attempting to make a difference to their cricket and gives their passionate supporters something to look forward to.

I wanna praise the Bangladesh authorities for trying to make this work. They have outsourced the organisation to an Indian company (Game On) and are paying the highest salaries second ONLY to the IPL. The TV rights have gone to ESPN and so will be shown world wide. As bad as BD cricket might be they are TRYING and I feel this should be applauded. Let's support our neighbourly cousins who are clearly attempting to make a difference to their cricket and gives their passionate supporters something to look forward to.
I agree.