Saeed Ajmal (chucker) should be banned!!

Serani

Why doesn't ICC use actual match video footages' date=' now that excellent slo mo etc is available? Woudn't that be the fairest way of judging if anyone is chucking? Is it really necessay to wire up someone to find out the angles?[/quote'] Match footages would give you a 2D view only, as opposed to the 3D view that wiring will give you. Also, if they have to synchronize their action with a video screen behind, they can hardly hide anything.
Why doesn't ICC use actual match video footages' date=' now that excellent slo mo etc is available? Woudn't that be the fairest way of judging if anyone is chucking? Is it really necessay to wire up someone to find out the angles?[/quote'] Refer to post # 139 and 140
Thank you. As long as you read my signature. Ajmal does chuck like Akhtar, Shabbir , Shoab Malik. I pray that someone does play cricket in Pakistan some day:--D
read my previous post regarding this, if you want to disprove me then give me evidence of ajmal chucking...you cant use the TV images as they are 2D..again read my previous post to get a better insight...but somehow i get a feeling that no matter how much evidence is presented to you ...you will still maintain your biased view < sigh >

lol... come on guys if icc does not have problem and thinks action is reasonable why make excuses ..i felt bad when bhajji went through these tests and still some people questioned him before if his actionwas really that bad he owuld ve been banned form bowling doosras like botha..

read my previous post regarding this' date=' if you want to disprove me then give me evidence of ajmal chucking...you cant use the TV images as they are 2D..again read my previous post to get a better insight...but somehow i get a feeling that no matter how much evidence is presented to you ...you will still maintain your biased view < sigh >[/quote'] Oh God! Pakis go to such an extent to defend the indefensible. I dont remember Pakis throwing around terms like 2D, 3D during the world cup tendulkar lbw "scandal". Some Pakis even went ahead and removed/added frames to that Tendulakar dismissal to make it look like he was out. We were also told that HawkEye firm was conspiring against Pakistan soverginity by siding with Indians.
Oh God! Pakis go to such an extent to defend the indefensible. I dont remember Pakis throwing around terms like 2D' date=' 3D during the world cup tendulkar lbw "scandal". Some Pakis even went ahead and removed/added frames to that Tendulakar dismissal to make it look like he was out. We were also told that HawkEye firm was conspiring against Pakistan soverginity by siding with Indians.[/quote'] Ok..... The thread is about if ajmal chucks or not...please stop talking about hawk eye , politics and terrorism lol
lol... come on guys if icc does not have problem and thinks action is reasonable why make excuses ..i felt bad when bhajji went through these tests and still some people questioned him before if his actionwas really that bad he owuld ve been banned form bowling doosras like botha..
Harby's action was suspicious right from the start. Have a look at his bowling in Bangalore or Sharjah in 1998 (when he told Ponting to **** off after having him stumped).
Harby's action was suspicious right from the start. Have a look at his bowling in Bangalore or Sharjah in 1998 (when he told Ponting to **** off after having him stumped).
sorry but whts ur point? really not trying to do anything fishy here i honestly did not understand lol

Should we give the doosra a little leeway?

But let's just say, strictly for the sake of argument, that Ajmal's right arm does stray fractionally beyond that prescribed limit. Should the regulations, in this respect, distinguish between spinners and quicks? Given that there is an appreciable gap between the intent and potential physical ramifications of a 95mph "chuck" and a 60mph one, this does not seem unreasonable. Why not a 15-degree leeway for one and 20 for the other? It was only a few years back, after all, that the ICC deemed such a differential - five degrees for pacemen, ten for twirlers - right and proper. Offspinners, of course, are entitled to raise another point: why, unlike their wrist-flexing brothers-in-arms and charms, should they be denied the right to bowl a wrong'un? So it all boils down, in essence, to the Googly Question: would you prefer the game to remain rigid and obstinate, clinging fast to traditional notions of what is far and unfair, and hence stagnate, or encourage the expansion of horizons? In other words, would we be better off with or without the doosra? You don't have to be a fully qualified Luddite to reply in the negative, but it helps. http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/550715.html