Duleep Trophy 2011-12

Chandan

No place for Anwar Ahmed Khan in the SZ squad despite picking 20 wickets@21 and a very good debut season.
mithun did not have much of a performance. favoritism is still a big problem in india. he is not even in standbys. i dont think selectors even know who Anwar Ahmed is.
Sony K Cheruvathur is 33. Couldn't they have given some youngster a chance. Anwar Ahmed has 19 wkts from 6 matches @ 18.42 and Yo Mahesh has 23 wkts from 9 matches @ 29.47. Still Yo Mahesh is considered ahead of Anwar Ahmed.
Poor selections is big problem as well. Selectors are not good enough I would say.

Half of what is wrong with cricket in India is selections, very sad, these CU@#$ DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND ARE BLATANTLY PARTIAL,kudos TO kARTIK , FANTASTIC INNINGS HE HAS THE TALENT 150 IN VERY VERY TOUGH CONDITIONS, HE SHOULD BE IN TEST SIDE AHEAD OF DHONI.Mahesh, Mithun are in the worst state as far as their bowling, actions, or speed, not even highest wicket takers, how on earth they get selected,they keep selecting no hoppers , our team is suffereing not bcoz of lack of talent but lack of proper thinking and bad selections at every level.

Half of what is wrong with cricket in India is selections' date=' very sad, these CU@#$ DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND ARE BLATANTLY PARTIAL,kudos TO kARTIK , FANTASTIC INNINGS HE HAS THE TALENT 150 IN VERY VERY TOUGH CONDITIONS, HE SHOULD BE IN TEST SIDE AHEAD OF DHONI.Mahesh, Mithun are in the worst state as far as their bowling, actions, or speed, not even highest wicket takers, how on earth they get selected,they keep selecting no hoppers , our team is suffereing not bcoz of lack of talent but lack of proper thinking and bad selections at every level.[/quote'] this.. ahmed wasnt selected but yo mahesh was..i guess this **** is at every level

Now the last thing that we want is 'a dead track' like Ranji final for this east vs west match, with some promising fast bowlers and batsmen playing. I am telling you, there has always been cry for sporting wickets in the last 25-30 yrs but our pitch curators and their governing bodies are so fecking dumb that they won't care and they will again come up with another Ranji final type track

Sony K Cheruvathur is 33. Couldn't they have given some youngster a chance. Anwar Ahmed has 19 wkts from 6 matches @ 18.42 and Yo Mahesh has 23 wkts from 9 matches @ 29.47. Still Yo Mahesh is considered ahead of Anwar Ahmed.
Bro, Sony is a very well known personality in South. You can search his name on internet and he has been little bit involved in politics too. So, obviously that would have played a big role in his selection for south zone at this age of 33. Especially when there is another bowler in Indian team of similar age, Zaheer Khan who has almost finished his intl career
Can anyone explain me the logic behind selection of Sony Cheruvathur over Anwar Ahmed for south zone and Rajat Bhatia over Manpreet Gony for North Zone? Both Sony and Rajat have no future even in India A team, forget about Indian team
whts hte logic of vk , mithun being selected in test team? this problem is at every damn level imaginable just imagine how they would be selecting players in state sides lol

Norht Zone Duleep Trophy team Squad: Amit Mishra ©, Shikhar Dhawan (VC), Rahul Diwan, Abhinav Bali, Mandeep Singh, Paras Dogra, Mayank Sidana, Vikas Mishra, HV Patel, Parwinder Awana, Rishi Dhawan, Punit Bisht, Rajat Bhatia, I D Singh and Pradeep Sangwan. Stand By- MS Goni, Nishan Singh, Gurvinder Singh and Yashpal Singh. No place for Uday Kaul, one of the most promising youngsters who has been doing so well?

Norht Zone Duleep Trophy team Squad: Amit Mishra ©, Shikhar Dhawan (VC), Rahul Diwan, Abhinav Bali, Mandeep Singh, Paras Dogra, Mayank Sidana, Vikas Mishra, HV Patel, Parwinder Awana, Rishi Dhawan, Punit Bisht, Rajat Bhatia, I D Singh and Pradeep Sangwan. Stand By- MS Goni, Nishan Singh, Gurvinder Singh and Yashpal Singh. No place for Uday Kaul and Mandeep Singh, two of the most promising youngsters who have been doing so well?
I am checking team at Cricinfo and it includes Mandeep Singh. http://www.espncricinfo.com/duleep-trophy-2012/content/series/522932.html But why Uday Kaul is not there? I think Dhoni doesn't want competition in future :winky:

East Zone Squad for Duleep trophy 2012 Natraj Behera©,Biplab Samantaray & Basanta Mohanty(all Orissa);Anustup Majumdar, Laxmi Ratan Shukla,Shreevats Goswami(wk),Ashoke Dinda & Sami Ahmed(all Bengal);Ishank Jaggi(VC), Manish Vardhan and Shahbaz Nadeem(all Jharkhand);Dheeraj Jadhav, Abu Nachim Ahmed & Gokul Sharma(all Assam);Subhrajit Roy(Tripura). There pace bowling attack is the quickest in the tournament but shame there batting is poor........

Mishra to lead North Zone in Duleep Trophy Posted on Jan 22, 2012 New Delhi: Haryana leg-spinner Amit Mishra was on Sunday named as captain of the North Zone for their upcoming Duleep Trophy match, to be held here from February 4. The selectors picked a 15-member squad for the four-day tie in which North Zone will take on the winner of the match between East Zone and West Zone. Delhi's left-handed batsman Shikhar Dhawan was named as vice captain of the team. Apart from Dhawan, six more Delhi players, including medium pacer Pradeep Sangwan and all-rounder Rajat Bhatia, found place in the squad while Haryana had in total three cricketers. Rahul Diwan and H V Patel are the other two Haryana players in the squad. Three players from Himachal Pradesh, two from Punjab and one from Jammu and Kashmir were included in the squad. The eight-member Zonal Selection Committee also named four stand-by players in MS Goni, Nishan Singh, Gurvinder Singh and Yashpal Singh. Squad: Amit Mishra ©, Shikhar Dhawan (VC), Rahul Diwan, Abhinav Bali, Mandeep Singh, Paras Dogra, Mayank Sidana, Vikas Mishra, HV Patel, Parwinder Awana, Rishi Dhawan, Punit Bisht, Rajat Bhatia, I D Singh and Pradeep Sangwan. ---------------------------------------------- Has to be the worst zonal side so far with no potential player for international cricket apart from maybe Awana or Patel too about whom we do not know much. Where have the seamers and spinners gone? Even batsmen? Who is the keeper? Bisht?