Adelaide Test Pre match and Selection discussion thread

Magneto

But Sachin is looking in fine touch and has scored more than any other Indian cricketer. He should play as long as form prevails.
Corrected. And I know this sounds absurd but if he will fail in two more innings his average in Australia/away will also drop considerably <- something which will affect his legacy tremendously.
Corrected. And I know this sounds absurd but if he will fail in two more innings his average in Australia/away will also drop considerably <- something which will affect his legacy tremendously.
i don't think so. the sample size is huge. even with his failures in england he still avgs 60+ and here he is doing better than in england.
i don't think so. the sample size is huge. even with his failures in england he still avgs 60+ and here he is doing better than in england.
Not correct. His average in England has dropped to mid 50s(54.3 to be precise). He is averaging 55.3 in Australia as of now. Sachin averaging 60+ in both Australia and England used to sound so much better.
Dont agree with your points regarding huge sample size as well. He has played just 19 tests and 17 tests in Australia and England respectively. Performance in 4 tests would alter the figures significantly.
Damien Martyn was not given a farewell Michael Slater, Greg Blewett, Matthew Hayden were not given farewells Mark Waugh was not given a farewell Martin Crowe was not given a farewell Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis were not given farewells To hell with farewells!
Good post. But remember that Ian Healy never got a farewell. It affected him so much he now spews inane **** for a living (aka he's a channel 9 commentator) These are the risks you take.