Adelaide Test Pre match and Selection discussion thread

Magneto

Dont agree with your points regarding huge sample size as well. He has played just 19 tests and 17 tests in Australia and England respectively. Performance in 4 tests would alter the figures significantly.
if he avgs something like 5 or 6 but he isn't. he's avging 30+. his final avg in aus will be 50+
Good post. But remember that Ian Healy never got a farewell. It affected him so much he now spews inane **** for a living (aka he's a channel 9 commentator) These are the risks you take.
Doesn't matter the commentary but at least in the team they dont deserve a place.

I personally want 1. Gambhir© 2.Rahane 3.RD 4.SRT 5. Kohli 6. Rohit 7. Saha 8. Ashwin 9. Ojha 10. ZAK 11. Umesh But most likely Sehwag will be captain and Rahane will miss out while Rohit will have to wait as VVS will remain in the XI. Ishant will also keep his place instead of Ojha probably. Only change will be Saha.

My team for Adelaide test would be- Sehwag, Gambhir, Rahul, Rohit, Virat, Rahane, Saha, Ashwin, Zaheer or Mithun, Ishant, Umesh Rest Sachin in this dead useless match. VVS does not deserve a place any more(Saurav01 I told you, remember). We can also rest Zaheer for Mithun. Zaheer needs rest otherwise he can break down
honestly sachin should play and zaheer is only getting better
Yes I know Sachin should and will play at Adelaide' date=' for his 100th ton. Are you OK with resting Zak and VVS from the next test. To be precise, Zak to be rested and VVS to be dropped[/quote'] retire vvs and vinay and play rohit , ashwin/ojha play zack he never gets injured while is playing..when he is bowling fit now he is only getting fitter so keep playing him after test series imo india should ve rested zack and yadav but thats not gonna happen
retire vvs and vinay and play rohit , ashwin/ojha play zack he never gets injured while is playing..when he is bowling fit now he is only getting fitter so keep playing him after test series imo india should ve rested zack and yadav but thats not gonna happen
:cantstop: Kaash aisa ho jaye. Vinay kumar retire ho jaye ODI aur tests dono se
my team would be rahane gambhir rohit tendulkar kohli sehwag saha ashwin ojha zaheer umesh we need to form a new middle order and get them settling in asap, dravid and lax will have to be the sacrificial lambs.
i like the play ur best bowler thinking but will keep dravid for one more game..

Reason for overseas defeat - Media, Media and Media I know we discussed at length but I feel the primary reasons for the defeat is our sycophants media who always project mountain out of molehill with our legends. We, the fan got carried away with the news and engage equally with media in adulating our so called legends. It's the media that should be banned from cricketing news , then we, as cricket should improve. I hate our media, media, media.... I can provide 100s of examples how media ruined our cricketers with false fame and cheap flattery. Its not our captain, batsman or anyone.. Share your thoughts.

yeah, you can blame us, the core pathetic fans. You can't brush aside media influence on our society, culture and our way of living. We believe what we hear and see. I'm sure you or me neither are exceptions to it. Had n't media set the expectations, we did n't go through this emotional melodrama. Do we really care or boil our blood when we don't win any olympic medals? No, media does n't care what's happening out there and put in the olympic news in 1 or 2 paragrahs buried somewhere inside that you can't even see..