Shoaib's over the top welcome !! some reactions...

Ram

"Shoaib Akhtar thrilled with choice of coach" shouts the headline ! And to read Shoaib's reactions gives the impression as though he is being united with the love of his life or he has just been newly married ! Never seen such comments by an individual player to the appointment of a coach ! Shoaib is clearly trying to get into the good books of the new coach , only he has overcooked it pathetically. Here are some of his comments and some instant reactions to them.. "I am confident that Lawson will help us beat Australia because he will know their weaknesses and strong points." -- All righty ! Pakistan is the new world order now. Mark my words , they are gonna hammer Australia in every single match from now on.......... NOT !!!!! "Shoaib said teams from the subcontinent, especially Sri Lanka and Bangladesh, have benefited from being coached by Australians. Both teams had extended stints with Dav Whatmore" - Duh ! Why the hell did you reject Dav Whatmore then ?? BTW , has he ever heard the name Greg Chappell ? He was bloddy successful with India wasnt he ? "Australian thinking is different from the subcontinent," Shoaib said. "They acquire knowledge about minor things and work on them while subcontinental people think differently."-- Oh what a discovery ! Australians focus on minor details ! Just because he doesnt have anything worthwhile to say about the new coach , he cannot just spew nonsensical generic stuff ! "He is someone who believes fast bowlers can win matches and I will definitely be able to lift the level of my performance under him," -- Yea.. absolutely ! The coach who was an off-spinner will help Shoaib discover the fast bowler in him, AFTER shoaib has played 8 seasons of international cricket ! "Once the fast bowlers deliver the team will benefit. Even Steve Waugh and Mark Taylor benefited from Lawson's help when they played alongside him in New South Wales, so he must have something which worked." -- Looks like he has run out of goodies to say ! Getting a bit desperate here ! "Lawson must have something" shoaib hopes ! Looking ahead to the season, Shoaib said: "This current Pakistan team has a young captain in Shoaib Malik and it has worked extensively to be the fittest. The atmosphere is very good and we are gearing up for the challenges ahead." -- Read line as -- "Stay away Inzamam ! You are old ! you are Unfit ! I dont want you here ! " "I can't wait for the Australian series. I want to play in at least one series win over Australia." -- Not in your wildest dreams son !

To many anti Shaoib threads. There are much more hateable players in pak cricket. Mullah inzi is one' date=' yet everyone seems to like him despite his attempt to talibininse the pak team![/quote'] But peeer saab seems to have taken an extended sabbatical from cricket. Wonder why was he not given a contract? :P
"He is someone who believes fast bowlers can win matches and I will definitely be able to lift the level of my performance under him," -- Yea.. absolutely ! The coach who was an off-spinner will help Shoaib discover the fast bowler in him, AFTER shoaib has played 8 seasons of international cricket !
didnt understand tht, Sriram... Lawson was a quickie himself...
didnt understand tht' date=' Sriram... Lawson was a quickie himself...[/quote'] Good on ya , Gats ! I was waiting to see if someone was alert enough to catch it ! :wink_smile: P.S -- Oh well ! So much for my cricketing knowledge.. Thought he was an off-spinner. :embaressed_smile:
P.S -- Oh well ! So much for my cricketing knowledge.. Thought he was an off-spinner. :embaressed_smile:
Nope Lawson was quite a handy right arm fast bowler. Had a very nice outswinger going for him. I believe you have confused Lawson with Ashley Mallett as he was the only off-spinner of that time. If you go a little further you will find Peter Taylor, Greg Mathews, Tim May etc. Lawson's action was very unique. At the time of delivery his right leg would be close to the wicket while left would go as high to the point it was horizontal to the ground, the angle between the legs between about 90 degrees or so. Only other bowler that I have seen bowl like that was Graham Dilley, paceman from England. x
Lawson's action was very unique. At the time of delivery his right leg would be close to the wicket while left would go as high to the point it was horizontal to the ground, the angle between the legs between about 90 degrees or so. Only other bowler that I have seen bowl like that was Graham Dilley, paceman from England.
2 more names tht come to mind... Patrick Patterson and Vaas in his first season...