clash of titans

adi B

roger federer vs rafa nadal in aus open sf :yay: federer outclassing del potro,compared to nadal who struggled a bit against berdych but in such a crucial game, previuos matches are not important hope roger wins nd wins his 17th gs all hail the goat :hatsoff:

Federer is the last of the greats that has straddled both the worlds : The fast Serve-and-Volley game of the 90s and the baseline game of the 2000s on slower courts. We won't see another player like him and Nobody can play like him when on fire:NOBODY. However, on the current Oz courts where you struggle to hit through the courts,Nadal has the edge.No matter what the form, the matchup never fails..and Nadal owns this match up on slower courts sadly. Heart says Fed, but head says Nadal . Now if JesusFed could showup,its a different ball game altogether.

]Federer is the last of the greats that has straddled both the worlds : The fast Serve-and-Volley game of the 90s and the baseline game of the 2000s on slower courts. We won't see another player like him and Nobody can play like him when on fire:NOBODY. However, on the current Oz courts where you struggle to hit through the courts,Nadal has the edge.No matter what the form, the matchup never fails..and Nadal owns this match up on slower courts sadly. Heart says Fed, but head says Nadal . Now if JesusFed could showup,its a different ball game altogether.
He wasn't really around in the 90's was he. Although i think he did serve and volley a fair bit en route to his 1st Wimbledon title. I genuinely believe that Federer has mental problems in facing Nadal. His form over the last year has been superb but he has not been able to win a grandslam. He outclassed Nadal for 80% of the 1st set in the French Open final but ended up losing it.

He wasn't really around in the 90's was he. Although i think he did serve and volley a fair bit en route to his 1st Wimbledon title. I genuinely believe that Federer has mental problems in facing Nadal. His form over the last year has been superb but he has not been able to win a grandslam. He outclassed Nadal for 80% of the 1st set in the French Open final but ended up losing it.
++ Even I do not like mental-problem theories.. but whenever it comes to Fedex vs Rafa. At some point Federer's game goes down a bit (some ridiculous unforced errors), and Rafa's raises a bit higher (some unplayable winners).

Fed turned pro in 1998..and by the 90s game, I meant the faster surfaces and when the serve-volley games were still effective.

Yes Rafa makes Fed a bit shaky, you need to hit that extra special shot and run that extra mile when facing Rafa though and even for Fed that is a huge ask. Having said that, that epic performance in their last match in London might give him a bit of confidence. Rafa will still go in as marginal favourite for me.