tendulkar mark 3

Just watched the highlights, and completely agree with Observer. Much more relaxed, a sort of devil-may-care attitude. Didn't look weighed down, and was enjoying his batting. OK, only 37 runs, but I'll take that. That was the ticket that he rode to greatness.

A string of classy 30's are no good to India. He needs to produce something substantial, and the fact remains that he hasn't done anything since that 35th hundred vs SL. If these 30's are all that he is capable of producing throughout the series, India may as well drop him and bring in Yuvraj Singh. Just a thought.

Dhondy' date=' are we going to win this test?[/quote'] Nope, sorry to say, Gambo. If you haven't read the writing on the wall, it's our batting that's going to let us down again. We are now one of the weakest batting sides in the world- behind Australia, England, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and South Africa, in that order. I doubt we can chase down 200 in the 4th innings.
Why so, Bumps? Neither has failed yet? What about Kartick? Do you think he's cut out to be an international opener?
Karthik needs a longer rope. Besides we dont have a replacement for Karthik. Gambhir is far worse. If we lose, am sure it will be because of a low first innings score (220ish), which implies a poor effort from Ganguly/Laxman.In these conditions, we need scorers, who can make their time at the crease count. Ganguly & Laxman will poke & prod around for hours with hardly 30 odd runs against their name. If OTOH, Ganguly/Laxman manage to steer India past 300, they have done their job. Yuvraj is in good form, time to blood him is now. If Dhoni flops, Karthik must assume double duty & let Yuvraj in.
And how likely' date=' in your surgically precise opinion, is that, Doc-bhai?[/quote'] DONT BE A FATALIST MAAN! I have just been looking at the weather forecast on the beeb - taking into account the batting to follow, the english bowling, the weather, combined with my eternal optimism; it is my opinion, on the weighty balance of probabilities, that india are more likely than not to get a first innings lead of about 75.
DONT BE A FATALIST MAAN! I have just been looking at the weather forecast on the beeb - taking into account the batting to follow, the english bowling, the weather, combined with my eternal optimism; it is my opinion, on the weighty balance of probabilities, that india are more likely than not to get a first innings lead of about 75.
You dont need to consider so many factors to predict this outcome. This is not a complex scientific phenomenon. This prediction is a simple matter of common sense. We have atleast 3 ageing batsman & 2 openers and a keeper all looking to secure their place in the team. Such a team never makes history. It will likely be deja vu allover again, tho am hoping against hope that we'll score 300.