tendulkar mark 3

You dont need to consider so many factors to predict this outcome. This is not a complex scientific phenomenon. This prediction is a simple matter of common sense. We have atleast 3 ageing batsman & 2 openers and a keeper all looking to secure their place in the team. Such a team never makes history. It will likely be deja vu allover again' date=' tho am hoping against hope that we'll score 300.[/quote'] dhondy, the simplistic pessimist. :haha:

very unlikely but its not impossible either.. All it takes is Dhoni in full swing out in the middle for 20 overs and we could as well reach 350. but thats most unlikely. well! tail enders could do some wonders, like zaheer, sri and dhoni all chipping in 20+ could be a big deal. or else we will not cross the total for any lead.

Why so, Bumps? Neither has failed yet? What about Kartick? Do you think he's cut out to be an international opener?
If he fails in the 2nd innings, u'll see gambhir and jaffer opening next test for sure. Not sure Yuvi will come in for Karthick. Maybe in place of Lax if he doesn't do anything substantial here

Tendulkar looked at times scratchy and at times good. Ravi Shastri did mention everyone connected in the touring party to Ireland had mentioned to Tendulkar to let the hair down and enjoy his cricket. I suppose he has to forget for a moment he is doing something great for his team. Only then will he be able to enjoy his knock. It has to be said he is looking lot more positive now.

I am absolutely gutted Tendulkar didnt go on to make a big one today. When he crossed 25, i thought he had set himself nicely up. Very rarely does he get out in the 30's. Its such a pity. A big innings from him today would have been fantastic. Too bad.

Lest he contributed 37 vital runs. Every run's important. You never know where the test match will end up. Honestly 37 in the first inning of a fresh test series isn't really bad.
Ravi, Test matches are won on centuries. not 30's , however good or bad they might be. His dismissal could be the turning point of the match. India were doing pretty well then at 90 odd for two. If Sachin had carried on till the end of the day with Jaffer , that would literally meant half the match in our pockets. When Sachin got out, my first reaction was -- " There goes our 400". We would be lucky to even match 298 now.
Ravi, Test matches are won on centuries. not 30's , however good or bad they might be.
I'd take 6 good 30s and 5 scratchy ones for 350 odd every time - compared to 260 odd containing a nice century. After reading through the depressing Test thread, where India roared back into the contest with 6/30, it still sounds like most of you are expecting to lose but as long as Sach gets a ton, you'll be happy. The idea of a team effort seems long gone.
I'd take 6 good 30s and 5 scratchy ones for 350 odd every time - compared to 260 odd containing a nice century. After reading through the depressing Test thread, where India roared back into the contest with 6/30, it still sounds like most of you are expecting to lose but as long as Sach gets a ton, you'll be happy. The idea of a team effort seems long gone.
Donny, Agreed that there are a few tendulkar maniacs out here , but make no mistake -- Most of us are happy ONLY if the team wins. What i would readily admit to is that , if Sachin contributes heavily in that victory , our joy is doubled. And come to think of it , the line of my post which you have quoted - " Test matches are won on centuries , not 30's" in itself seems to indicate that all we want is a Team India victory. And It is surprising that you have said that scratchy 30's leading to a 350 are more valuable than a solitary century in a 260 team total. Firstly , it is VERY rare for a team to have scored 350 and 6 of its batsman getting 30's. Any team total more than 300 , will have atleast ONE major contribution from a batsman. Besides , I really wish one of the remaining Indian batsman seizes this chance and makes a big score. We need a moment of individual brilliance to turn a test match as closely poised as this.