I hate

when set batsman gets out. Out of 6/7 top order batsman, usually 2/3 get starts. This time around it was Tendulkar and Jaffer. Both should have made big tons, thats how you seal the game. Ganguly is in now, hopefully he doesnt squander it. Jaffer and Tendulkar both should be blamed if we dont get good lead here.

India's finish on day 2 has an eerie resemblance to their finish on day 2 in the last test they played at Lords. On both occasions, India lost 3 wickets for around 150; they sent out a night watch-man; their top scoring opener (back then it was Sehwag) got out with a handful of overs remaining. India were eventually bundled out for 220 something on the following day - will the same happen this time around ?

Even more frustrating, both got themselves out. SRT basically missed a half-volley that he should've been punching down the ground, and Jaffer spent the last hour at the crease digging his hole, and then proceeded to nose dive straight into it. Also, does RPS remind anyone else of over-excitable schoolgirl? I'd put decent money on him walking out to bat wearing a tampon rather than a box.

Hi all. I'm still around, just dont get the chance to post often. Good to see the usual suspects still around. Bheem, I read that piece you and Dhondy did on match-winners the other day...awesome work. I havent read something so enjoyable since browsing through transcripts of Inzamam's post-match interviews.

RPS will get a 50 !
I won't really be surprised if that happens. Whoever thought India could clean England up this morning? I'm happy to believe anything for now. The beauty of test match cricket, it's well and truly here.
when set batsman gets out. Out of 6/7 top order batsman, usually 2/3 get starts. This time around it was Tendulkar and Jaffer. Both should have made big tons, thats how you seal the game. Ganguly is in now, hopefully he doesnt squander it. Jaffer and Tendulkar both should be blamed if we dont get good lead here.
Well more often than not the big hundreds don't come and that's the fact. You could say you want the ones that get a start to go on but most often than not, not all starts transpires to hundreds whether you like it or not. I say a 50 is better than a 10 and 30s or 40s is way better than a low score. There are 7 top order batters in the team and if everyone contributes even 30s 40s or 50s it still takes the team to a decent total.

>I say a 50 is better than a 10 and 30s or 40s is way better than a low score. There are 7 top order batters in the team and if everyone contributes even 30s 40s or 50s it still takes the team to a decent total. but that doesnt happen out of 7, 3-4 sure to get out somehow most of the times. the guys who get in should get big one, thats how you win and seal test matches. Thats how we had golden period, with our guys scoring big ones, Adelaide it was Laxman and Dravid Sydney it was Laxman and Sachin Multan it was Sachin and Sehwag Rawalpindi it was Dravid and Laxman. As a batsman your first 30-40 minutes at the crease are most dangerous, you can get out any time, Even bowler, fielders are trying that bit harder. But once you pass 30 odd runs and have played 70 odd deliveries you should make it count.