John Terry stripped of England captaincy

b555

Football player John Terry has been stripped of the England captaincy for a second time. The Chelsea defender was informed of the Football Association board's decision shortly before 10am this morning in a telephone call with FA chairman David Bernstein. The move comes just two days after Westminster Magistrates' Court ruled Terry, 31, will stand trial on July 9 to answer a charge that he racially abused Anton Ferdinand.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2095910/FA-strips-John-Terry-England-captaincy-second-time-ahead-Anton-Ferdinand-race-row-trial.html#ixzz1lLS1cHW8

Gerrard has barely played this season and is not guaranteed of a first team spot IMO. Rio is a bit injury prone. Scott Parker? Does not have much Intl experience though.
I still think it has to be Gerrard. He is a regular when he is fit, which he is now *fingers crossed* He has all the attributes of a captain, he leads by example and never gives up. If they look beyond the WC I would give it to Joe Hart, but then there is the question mark over whether the captain should be the keeper. Personally, I don't think it really matters.

I still think it has to be Gerrard. He is a regular when he is fit, which he is now *fingers crossed* He has all the attributes of a captain, he leads by example and never gives up. If they look beyond the WC I would give it to Joe Hart, but then there is the question mark over whether the captain should be the keeper. Personally, I don't think it really matters.
Youre right... Just not sure how much he will play, and whether he remains the force of old... My Ideal starting XI at full form/fitness - Hart- Richards, Ledley King, Rio, Ashley Cole- Wilshere, Parker, Milner- Sturridge, Rooney, Young

Youre right... Just not sure how much he will play, and whether he remains the force of old... My Ideal starting XI at full form/fitness - Hart- Richards, Ledley King, Rio, Ashley Cole- Wilshere, Parker, Milner- Sturridge, Rooney, Young
ferdinand milner and parker are not good enough for international football. this would be a solid team

hart

richards king jones cashley oxlade wilshere gerrard young rooney sturridge

???!! Parker has been very good for England over his last few appearances, and in fact his not going to the WC was a huge mistake on Capellos part. Only genuine tackling midfielder they have,one who can combat opposition playmakers. Milner is a superb footballer great engine and fine passer, needs to play in the middle for England he will be excellent for them if given opportunities. Both have been superb for their clubs this season.

ferdinand milner and parker are not good enough for international football. this would be a solid team

hart

richards king jones cashley oxlade wilshere gerrard young rooney sturridge

Your line-up is playing 4-4-2 without a DM, spells disaster already Phil jones in defence ? ..... The sooner England and Ferguson realise that he has a DM's attributes and not a defender's...

you don't need hard working dogs like parker milner in international football. xavi and the likes will run rings around them. that has been englands biggest problem for the last 50 years. whole attitude is 'get stuck and in and work hard' and forget about looking after the ball and keeping possesion. but capello will go with these so i will enjoy england once again crashing out of the group stage in the summer.

you don't need hard working dogs like parker milner in international football. xavi and the likes will run rings around them. that has been englands biggest problem for the last 50 years. whole attitude is 'get stuck and in and work hard' and forget about looking after the ball and keeping possesion. but capello will go with these so i will enjoy england once again crashing out of the group stage in the summer.
comparing anyone to Xavi,Messi is never going to turn out great England doesn't have a set of players that can rely on posession football..getting stuck-in and working hard if done well enough can break down any opposition's flair.

Milner is very good on the ball!! Wilshere is the closest thing they have to someone who can keep things tickingg Xavi style, there is no one else. Someone like Parker is needed to tie the likes of Xavi down, I think he should be captain in fact. As hari said a midfield of Gerrard and Wilshere would never work.