Why exactly is Tendulkar in the odi team???

Why exactly is Tendulkar in the odi team???  

1. 1.

• To "guide" youngsters like Jadeja in the team
    • To get his 100th 100 as he knows he's gonna struggle in Tests
    • He wanted to have a longer vacation in Aus so he came "back" for Aussie tri series
    • Can't say. It's a head scratcher and I have no clue

Why is the greatest ODI batsman ever to play the game still in the ODI team? Cause has hasn't retired yet and still wants to play ODIs. Why hasn't he retired from ODIs? Only Tendulkar can answer that question.
Question is why wasn't the "greatest odi batsman ever" in the odi teams for the last year or so? Was he injured? So the "greatest player ever" could play IPL but the odis were beneath his dignity. And now suddenly with no 100th 100 the great man suddenly decided to grace the odis with his presence :adore:

Maybe he wants to play the 2015 World Cup and therefore wants to get adequate practice in tough conditions . Dont give lame excuses of building a team for the future , every match is there to be won and if Sachin can justify his selection on form then he must play even if he retires 1 year before the world cup . Any comment on his retirement should be made only after this series gets over not just after one match .

Maybe he wants to play the 2015 World Cup and therefore wants to get adequate practice in tough conditions . Dont give lame excuses of building a team for the future , every match is there to be won and if Sachin can justify his selection on form then he must play even if he retires 1 year before the world cup . Any comment on his retirement should be made only after this series gets over not just after one match .
Pray tell me how his selection can be justified when he had opted out of all odis for nearly a year :confused: So Tendulkar can pick and choose his games & series to play based on what exactly?
n times the nth time... He may want 100 100 against world NO 1 odi side... whats the use of he playing good sides while newcomers play against mediocre teams such as WI and NZ what experience they will gain... This no longer 1990's ...team not depending on Sachin alone...even WC win proved that...and many other serirs wins even without Sachin showed not much guidance needed any way... Even IPL and CL showed MI can perform better without his guidance while may fail even with his guidance...
Because, most likely that is not an individual's decision...that is something BCCI/team management would have decided collectively, and have been working for quite some time. That is like saying, what is the use of Ranji, why not directly debut in International matches. Team management feel and they have the luxury of such experimentation/rotation - and grooming up the youngsters, one level at a time. If this young bunch is so talented, they would have made most of it against "WHATEVER" opportunity was given.. esp against mediocre teams. IMO, off the whole lot - only Kohli, Rohit and Pujara looked good.. Kohli rightfully earned permanent spot in ODIS, and before that Rohit ( and Jaddus, YPs too) was also given quite a long run, only to be dropped later... If your memory is short, SRT stayed out of NZ/SA-ODIs too - to give chances to youngsters... and when he came back for WC, he was 2nd highest scorer.. do you seriously believe his skills/fitness has gone 10 levels down below within ~8 months?
Pray tell me how his selection can be justified when he had opted out of all odis for nearly a year :confused: So Tendulkar can pick and choose his games & series to play based on what exactly?
Are you so thick, or struck by Ghajini? Do you remember how it was like in the months leading upto WC, and what happened in WC?

Sachin tendulkar ruined robin uthappa's career as opener...he was floated here and there and then dropped..even when uthappa was in mumbai indians team...he didnt give uthappa chance as opener and made him middle order batsman in IPL and he started flopping..what kind of politics is it...

He is there to provide the "emotional support" that we are missing because the 400 test wickets darter Harbhajan is busy strengthening his wrestling moves.
Before the series I was so happy that Bhajji was dropped and now I am close to the point where I am ready to champion for Bhajji's comeback in the next series. At least he showed some fight no matter what and we never saw such apathy within the team when he was around. Apologies Bhajji, I was wrong to doubt you :hatsoff:
Before the series I was so happy that Bhajji was dropped and now I am close to the point where I am ready to champion for Bhajji's comeback in the next series. At least he showed some fight no matter what and we never saw such apathy within the team when he was around. Apologies Bhajji' date=' I was wrong to doubt you :hatsoff:[/quote'] yeah we saw his fight in Eng series :hatsoff: and many times before that
But WC is gone now so why continue to grace us with his presence? Is he planning to continue this "pick and choose" trend till he turns 50 or 60 :nervous:
If he can keep performing, I don't care if he continues until 100. i.e. if he performs, lets say 45-50 in 'picked' ones, and replacements are not overshadowing that significantly in other 'easier' matches.. there is no reason one should have problems with 'pick and play' - which is actually more like - rotation policy based on availability. as I said earlier.. either enjoy the matches, or apni jalatey raho.
Sachin tendulkar ruined robin uthappa's career as opener...he was floated here and there and then dropped..even when uthappa was in mumbai indians team...he didnt give uthappa chance as opener and made him middle order batsman in IPL and he started flopping..what kind of politics is it...
Uthappa needs a longer run in the team as a lower order batsman coming in at 7 in place of Jadeja. Uthappa showed a lot of improvement since the last time he played for India and he deserves to be given another chance.
Bechara Uthappa :sniffle: major conspiracy
LOL%20Shaq!.gif