Capello Resigns!!!

Sooda

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/feb/08/fabio-capello-five-england-suggestions WHO NEXT... Call Harry now The stars could not have been more perfectly aligned when news of Fabio Capello's resignation emerged as everybody was talking about Harry Redknapp's now restored reputation. In the spirit of replacing England managers with their characteristic opposites, and considering the urgency with which the reins need handing to someone with a proven record of quick transformations, the Tottenham manager is the clear candidate. Whether the Spurs chairman Daniel Levy agrees is another matter. They could demand a small fortune in compensation. A jobshare might work as a compromise. Sound out Mourinho Despite a swell of opinion from within the English football establishment that suggests, quite virulently, that there can be no more experiments with foreign managers, should Redknapp prove difficult to prise away from Spurs there are other interesting alternatives that should not be summarily dismissed. Apart from Sir Alex Ferguson, two men possess a record of success in English football mixed with huge experience in European football (something Redknapp cannot offer), combined with the respect of the game in this country. Both José Mourinho and Arsène Wenger have also found their club positions take an awkward turn this season. Pearce as stand-in Temporary managers have never done convincing enough jobs to do anything other than offer a safe pair of hands, with Howard Wilkinson and Peter Taylor called upon in recent times of turmoil and failing to shine in the rolls. Stuart Pearce sat alongside Capello during the World Cup in South Africa and the former England defender experienced international tournaments both as a player and as a coach with the Under-21s, so in theory he should be a smooth bridge between the Capello era and what lies in store. As long as his role does not last much beyond the Holland friendly at the end of the month, nobody will have any objections. Consider Roy Hodgson He has nothing like the media appeal and natural charisma of Redknapp, but ought to be worth consideration for the excellent work he has overseen at Fulham and West Brom in recent seasons. The sorry spell in terms of Liverpool will make people wonder about his ability to deal with the highest-profile players and highest-tension environment, but Hodgson's CV boasts considerably more time around the international game than Redknapp. He has coached three national teams, and worked in eight different countries with notable success. Compensation with West Brom would, presumably, be slightly less troublesome and expensive than Tottenham's demands. Go for master Hiddink Turkey might not reflect too kindly on their Guus Hiddink experience, but his World Cup record with a variety of nations is spectacular. He took his native Holland to a whisker away from the final in 1998, and reached the semi-finals with South Korea in 2002. He then took Australia to the World Cup finals for the first time, and revived Russia sufficiently to play outstanding football and win many friends at the 2008 Euros. His pedigree when it comes to motivating players, to igniting teams that have been in the doldrums, was seen in England when he took Chelsea out of their post-Scolari problems to win the FA Cup final.

^ :haha: Worried for their places in EU squad Looks like Man U camp Ferdi Rooney want Redknapp's blessings even before he is anounced as coach. http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/feb/09/rio-ferdinand-rooney-harry-redknapp I wonder what other contenders (wenger and all) will be thinking of doing if they get the job
Rooney doesn't need anyone's blessings. He is the 1st name in the squad (along with Joe Hart). Redknapp is the best candidate for the job. He is a very good manager but i really hope he does not get it.

Rooney doesn't need anyone's blessings. He is the 1st name in the squad (along with Joe Hart). Redknapp is the best candidate for the job. He is a very good manager but i really hope he does not get it.
Yeah He will play knockout stage directly when some player would have worked his a rse off to take the team to knockout stage. I am not certain about that

Yeah He will play knockout stage directly when some player would have worked his a rse off to take the team to knockout stage. I am not certain about that
His ban has been reduced to 2 games hasn't it? England have little chance of winning Euro 2012 as it is but without Rooney up front they have no chance.

His ban has been reduced to 2 games hasn't it? England have little chance of winning Euro 2012 as it is but without Rooney up front they have no chance.
TBH Apart from his first Euro, Rooney goes out of control in every major tournament ( last world cup, last Euro). I honestly believe that guys like Wellback should be treated fairly for their effort if and when they play for England. The reason why whole English football is in mess is because players are choosen to represent, based on how much effort/commitment/skill they put at the club level. Fans are equally guilty.

TBH Apart from his first Euro, Rooney goes out of control in every major tournament ( last world cup, last Euro). I honestly believe that guys like Wellback should be treated fairly for their effort if and when they play for England. The reason why whole English football is in mess is because players are choosen to represent, based on how much effort/commitment/skill they put at the club level. Fans are equally guilty.
Agree he has been poor in the last two major tournaments. However, he has to be persisted with. If he has a poor tournament this time and loses his head again then the management team should think about dropping him. However, that won't happen.

Agree he has been poor in the last two major tournaments. However' date=' he has to be persisted with. If he has a poor tournament this time and loses his head again then the management team should think about dropping him. However, that won't happen.[/quote'] Yeah... He got ban for totally unprovoked incident. His actions in the game were uncalled for. And that was just few months back. Capello had no morals when it came to conduct of his players. He let his players specially star ones do more harm then good.. Thats why i think some strong character like Wenger is needed to fix natinal side.

Yeah... He got ban for totally unprovoked incident. His actions in the game were uncalled for. And that was just few months back. Capello had no morals when it came to conduct of his players. He let his players specially star ones do more harm then good.. Thats why i think some strong character like Wenger is needed to fix natinal side.
Agree. He was lucky to have his ban reduced to 2 games. What angered me about that even more was that the FA had the nerve to appeal when Rooney clearly kicked out at his opponent while at the same time, they reject appeals for domestic red cards and even extend the bans (for a frivolous appeal) in cases where there are legitimate grounds for over-turning the decision. Capello's backing of Terry has been a disgrace. I'm not sure if Wenger would be a good candidate. He does have pretty strong morals but his strengths have always been to develop youngsters into excellent players and in getting his team to play nice attacking football. He does not have a clue when it comes to defensive issues (has not solved Arsenal's defence in 5 seasons) and he is not great tactically. You rarely see him making a match-winning substitution, he is more likely to make a sub that costs his side the game.

Agree. He was lucky to have his ban reduced to 2 games. What angered me about that even more was that the FA had the nerve to appeal when Rooney clearly kicked out at his opponent while at the same time, they reject appeals for domestic red cards and even extend the bans (for a frivolous appeal) in cases where there are legitimate grounds for over-turning the decision. Capello's backing of Terry has been a disgrace. I'm not sure if Wenger would be a good candidate. He does have pretty strong morals but his strengths have always been to develop youngsters into excellent players and in getting his team to play nice attacking football. He does not have a clue when it comes to defensive issues (has not solved Arsenal's defence in 5 seasons) and he is not great tactically. You rarely see him making a match-winning substitution, he is more likely to make a sub that costs his side the game.
On lighter note In two years time Asharvin will become UK citizen and England coach Wenger can continue with his tactic of using Asharvin as a substitute in international games

Agree he has been poor in the last two major tournaments. However' date=' he has to be persisted with. If he has a poor tournament this time and loses his head again then the management team should think about dropping him. However, that won't happen.[/quote'] They have enough good forwards coming through to make Rooney redundant Sturridge,Welbeck, The Ox...

Robben :thefinger: Stuart Pearce chances as next (permanent) english coach.... But interestingly, I kind of liked the English performance in yesterdays friendly way more than that of against Spain (Inexperienced defending. Rest was :nice:) Parker was Captain :woot: .... Harry's decision????? Or Pearce's decision?????