There goes the greatest batting lineup..

As expected the procession has started. 4th innings exploits by our paper tigers in (approx) last 10 attempts Dravid: Avg 40.16 Tendulkar: Avg 27 Ganguly: 16.40 Laxman: 19.50 Thats a total of 103 runs from the fab four at a combined avg of about 26. The only thing surer than our paper tigers choking in the 4th innings is a super flop by the same wusses, in an ODI finals. Need to blood youth now, before it stinks any further.

Need to blood youth now' date=' before it stinks any further.[/quote'] I've been saying as much since the first round elimination at the World Cup. ...and the reaction predictably, was something along the lines of, HOW can you drop LEGENDS like TENDULKAR, GANGULY, LAXMAN ?!?!?!? That is BLASHPEMY !!!! :haha: Hero-worshipping - the bane of Indian cricket.

And you guys are the ones who want useless failures like Yuvraj as replacements. :hysterical: If the argument was for some untried batsmen from domestic cricket, fine I agree drop Laxman and Ganguly. In fact we have already started the cleansing process by dropping one non performer at the top of the order.

I've been saying as much since the first round elimination at the World Cup. ...and the reaction predictably, was something along the lines of, HOW can you drop LEGENDS like TENDULKAR, GANGULY, LAXMAN ?!?!?!? That is BLASHPEMY !!!! :haha: Hero-worshipping - the bane of Indian cricket.
It is very very funny that you seem to go into hibernation when the batting line-up delivers and when they fail , come up with your usual -- " I have been saying this for a long long time" thingy.... :haha:
It is very very funny that you seem to go into hibernation when the batting line-up delivers and when they fail ' date=' come up with your usual -- " I have been saying this for a long long time" thingy.... :haha:[/quote'] When has this sh*tty batting lineup "delivered" in Test cricket ? They failed in Pakistan, they failed against England at home, they failed in South Africa, they have now failed in the first test at Lords and people like you still have the nerve to talk crap. Go back to watching your Tendulkar tapes.
When has this sh*tty batting lineup "delivered" in Test cricket ? They failed in Pakistan, they failed against England at home, they failed in South Africa, they have now failed in the first test at Lords and people like you still have the nerve to talk crap. Go back to watching your Tendulkar tapes.
Thanks for tip, will keep that in mind.. Only, all your " See , I told you this would happen" chants would have a lot more credibility if you had called for one of the big seniors to be dropped after the BD series , or the series against SA. You conveniently keep quiet then. And when some one fails , start again. Hindsight , my friend , is a very convenient tool !
When has this sh*tty batting lineup "delivered" in Test cricket ? They failed in Pakistan, they failed against England at home, they failed in South Africa, they have now failed in the first test at Lords and people like you still have the nerve to talk crap. Go back to watching your Tendulkar tapes.
Your points might have had some merits if you were not plumping for the inclusion of losers like Yuvraj and Sehwag in the side.
Your points might have had some merits if you were not plumping for the inclusion of losers like Yuvraj and Sehwag in the side.
Or if he hadnt maintained stoic silence when Sachin scored against SA , or in the tour game. If he had called for Sachin to be dropped then , I would have really respected Pred's words. To keep quiet when the batsman score and to lambast them when they fail is ridiculous !
It is very very funny that you seem to go into hibernation when the batting line-up delivers and when they fail ' date=' come up with your usual -- " I have been saying this for a long long time" thingy.... :haha:[/quote'] Since world cup exit this 2nd inning was the time when our lineup should have delivered (unless ofcourse you consider BD a world class opponent and some ODI series played against half SA side in ireland the most crucial win of our ODI history) and our batsman delivered. they didnt score runs the great dravid and sachin didnt reach double figures and tomorrow will be no different.
Thanks for tip, will keep that in mind.. Only, all your " See , I told you this would happen" chants would have a lot more credibility if you had called for one of the big seniors to be dropped after the BD series , or the series against SA. You conveniently keep quiet then. And when some one fails , start again. Hindsight , my friend , is a very convenient tool !
Why the hell should i discuss test cricket when India are playing ODIs ? I can't be bothered to repeat myself over and over again for those with short-attention spans. You should follow your own advice. Hindsight really is a great tool; i loved how you gleefully kept bumping threads everytime Tendulkar scored those 90's. Why aren't you bumping them now, eh ? :haha: Just so you know, i called for Tendulkar to be dropped after the home series vs England on the old board. My stance on this has been clear for ages. A few ODI knocks isn't going to change anything.
Since world cup exit this 2nd inning was the time when our lineup should have delivered (unless ofcourse you consider BD a world class opponent and some ODI series played against half SA side in ireland the most crucial win of our ODI history) and our batsman delivered. they didnt score runs the great dravid and sachin didnt reach double figures and tomorrow will be no different.
I am not defending our batting. We shall debate it separately. I am really pissed with the habit of calls for batsman being uselss and need to be dropped when they fail , and total silence when they deliver. That smacks of oppurtunism.