Dravid's technique

Dravid is struggling with his technique. In first innings, he did not shuffle enough and was rooted on leg stump ala Sehwag and hence forgot where was his off stump. In second innings, although he got roughie (Mother F#cker umpire how on the earth you would be sure when 6 foot 8 inch tall bowler is bowling) he was not sure of his off stump. This may be because we have no coach and he may be spending lot of time with other players, helping them out and not getting enough time to think about his batting and batting flaws.

This may be because we have no coach and he may be spending lot of time with other players, helping them out and not getting enough time to think about his batting and batting flaws.
VERY fair point.. something that needs to be thought over..

I don't think a coach would bring a change in dravid's techinque.. he has gone through such poor knocks before too and has come strong.. its just a bad patch perhaps.. he will be fine in coming tests.. its Dravid folkz.. Dravid, The Walllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Dravid hasn't always had a fool proof technique. Although excellent' date=' his backlift does point to gully instead of the first slip or second slip[/quote'] it does account for the away movement, so he closes the bat a little to prevent an outside... we got to admit, he was done in by a jaffa in the first round and by the umpire in the second...
it does account for the away movement' date=' so he closes the bat a little to prevent an outside... we got to admit, he was done in by a jaffa in the first round and by the umpire in the second...[/quote'] yaar..how does it account for away movement. To play the away movement you need a straight bat, not an angled one. dsr, I don't think anyone could dispute Dravid's technical excellence. He does have a problem, but every man in the world has something in his techinique.
Fack me now Dravid's technique is being criticised. This is one game on a bowler friendly track. Anyone who doubts the Wall is very foolish
Anyone who thinks that the wall will always be the wall and not start crumbling one day (and that day actually is behind us) is foolish IMO.
The wall has not crumbled yet and may never do. I guarantee at least 1 dravid ton and 1 sachin ton in the series.
Your garantee means nothing- you cannot garantee something that is not in your control. As per the wall not crumbling- he has crumbled a few times in the past. As per Dravid's 'peerless technique'- he has one of the best techniques ever but it is not without its chinks ( FYI, only two people i've seen with absolute water-tight technique without a *single* technical flaw at the height of their powers : Tendulkar & Gavaskar). Dravid has a tendency to get bowled off the inside edge and that is a technical flaw when it happens as consistently as with Dravid in his career. He has a tendency to play outside the line early on in his innings.