It's better Rahul, Tendulkar and Jaffer are back

King

I know it sounds absurd but personally I would rather see Karthik, Ganguly, Laxman and Dhoni as not out batsmen than say Rahul Dravid, Jaffer and Tendulkar. I'm more than sure if it were Rahul Dravid and Tendulkar in the middle they wouldn't have wanted to even take singles towards the end of the day yesterday let alone look for runs. The chances are pretty bleak for India but lest there are some batters with positive attitude out there. Even Laxman is a natural stroke maker and doesn't curb his instinct. At times that may bring his downfall but lest he appears positive. India has the right set of batsmen unbeaten for the fourth innings IMO. Pietersen and Prior showed what positive attitude can do to the team.

Nah Ravi. Dravid is a master of batting time. If u consider that tomorrow will be a rain shortened day, we need someone like Dravid to hold one end up with stroke makers around him. It appears our think tank has already realized the importance of not shutting shop in the 4th innings, which has backfired several times in the past. You could see it in the score card. 135 off 41 overs @ 3.34. We scored at a poorer rate in the 1st innings. We will miss Rahul Dravid tomorrow.

That was way back Bumper i.e few years ago. These days the two culprits that bungle nicely set up test matches are Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid. I'm not talking about the 1st or 3rd innings here. I'm referring to the last inning. Remember the test match lost against South Africa and Pakistan? These two snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. They are very capable of stuffing a test match with in a session.

Ravi, If you really feel even "that teeny weeny bit" happier to know that RD and SRT (and jaffer as well) are back in the hut, then I dunno what to say...We need to SAVE this test, and we need some of those guys to have batted out time in a SOLID manner. They did not, but we needed them to have shown rock solid technique.