Result of first Test?

Result of first Test?  

1. 1.

• India Win
    • England Win
    • Draw without Rain interruptions
    • Draw with Rain interruptions

When you create a New Thread, click the checkbox that says "Add a poll with this thread". I'll add a poll to this one. Edit: I added a fourth option (to account for rain interruptions) as the weather report for tomorrow shows chances of rain all throughout the afternoon and evening.

If there is no rain tomorrow , we are screwed, front and back. No amount of "rear-guard action" can save us. We could delay the inevitable, but not deny it. Have you guys read the book " Bring out the magic in your mind" by Al Koran. He says if many people gather and focus single-mindedly , they can create rain. How many members do we have ?? 1300 ? That should be enough i presume.

If there is no rain tomorrow , we are screwed, front and back. No amount of "rear-guard action" can save us. We could delay the inevitable, but not deny it. Have you guys read the book " Bring out the magic in your mind" by Al Koran. He says if many people gather and focus single-mindedly , they can create rain. How many members do we have ?? 1300 ? That should be enough i presume.
create rain by just thinking? I think there is a better chance to set ablaze farm fields today and wait for the rain. For the rain to have a strong impact, it has to rain for a prolonged periods throughout the day as the drainage system is very very good. Dhondy, C.O.B, and co. in U.K, what are you waiting for?:wink_smile:

I've gone for England win as I reckon if there's about 40-50 overs India will lose the game. It'll take some bowling to get a wicket or two but the rest will fold under pressure. The Lords ground has excellent drainage and the groundsmen will make that much more effort as England's test win is at stake here.

How bout a Bomb scare guys ? We could fix the IP of some Voip phone and call the lords guys and say "There is a bomb in the ground. However , the Bomb will explode only if India look like losing. If India does well , then the bomb wont explode" :D P.S - I cant remember the number of times i felt like going to a public booth and calling up my college about the "Bomb scare" on the day of an exam.

If 380 runs target was set for the rest of the cricketing nations I would give them the following chances : Australia 70% chance of winning South Africa 55% chance of winning New Zealand 40% chance of winning England 10% chance of winning Sri Lanka 10% chance of winning India 5% chance of winning Pakistan 5% chance of winning West Indies/Bangladesh 0% chance of winning

If 380 runs target was set for the rest of the cricketing nations I would give them the following chances : Australia 70% chance of winning South Africa 55% chance of winning New Zealand 40% chance of winning England 10% chance of winning Sri Lanka 10% chance of winning India 5% chance of winning Pakistan 5% chance of winning West Indies/Bangladesh 0% chance of winning
wooh! Assuming that the teams will be facing the current English bowling attack in these conditions AUS 30% SA 7% NZ 4% ENG themselves 7% SL 5% PAK 5% IND 5% WI 4% BAN 0.01% So if IND go on to win the match tomorrow then i'll wear an Indian hat to my next league match.
wooh! Assuming that the teams will be facing the current English bowling attack in these conditions AUS 30% SA 7% NZ 4% ENG themselves 7% SL 5% PAK 5% IND 5% WI 4% BAN 0.01% So if IND go on to win the match tomorrow then i'll wear an Indian hat to my next league match.
Sorry I messed up there. I was meaning if there was 240+ to chase and if the teams had 7 wickets on hand they would go as I stated in my previous post IMO.

Not the batting ability but they have resolve to do well under pressure. I don't know but it feels like they would cherish the opportunity to knock off 200+ runs on the last day. It may be because of the fan pressure or because of external elements I don't rate Pakistan or India to do well on the last day chasing 240+ runs on the 5th day.

Not the batting ability but they have resolve to do well under pressure. I don't know but it feels like they would cherish the opportunity to knock off 200+ runs on the last day. It may be because of the fan pressure or because of external elements I don't rate Pakistan or India to do well on the last day chasing 240+ runs on the 5th day.
You are right about the external elements but i don't remember NZ chasing down anything over or arounf 200 to win...IIRC the last time they needed 240 to win they bundled out for a little over 100 so from that POV both PAK and IND have done a lot better.

I have a good memory of NZ chasing against India in Wellington. Anil Kumble had claimed couple of wickets and India were the favorites. The next day Cairns changed the course of the match with some big hitting. Remember Nathan Astle's quickest double hundred? Astle and Cairns almost got there chasing over 400 runs in the last inning. More than the record I reckon the long batting order NZ has allows them to go for it than try and draw the game.

how about we think a bit different.... suppose we were set a target of 270 and were 30/3 on the previous day.... would u still give the same probability..... i would give india a 20% chance of winning from the current position...

I have a good memory of NZ chasing against India in Wellington. Anil Kumble had claimed couple of wickets and India were the favorites. The next day Cairns changed the course of the match with some big hitting. Remember Nathan Astle's quickest double hundred? Astle and Cairns almost got there chasing over 400 runs in the last inning. More than the record I reckon the long batting order NZ has allows them to go for it than try and draw the game.
http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/1998-99/IND_IN_NZ/SCORECARDS/IND_NZ_T2_26-30DEC1998.html aray bhai that was almost 9 years ago :regular_smile: p.s Do you guys have Astle's innings in the videos section? if not then can you please upload it for me. Thanks in advance.