I am buying a ......

maniac

Naaa. But I want to learn so..I thought pehle hi khareed leti hoon. :dance:
If you want to learn there's nothing like an acoustic. Apart from the practical (much cheaper) and romantic (awww...wood sound good sound) reasons, the strings on an electric guitar lie very close to the fretboard, which makes it easier to play but you miss out on the essential finger training that guitar playing requires. On an acoustic guitar, because of the bigger gap, your fingers have to press hard on the string for them to sit on the frets properly, so they develop strength and agility and also your fingertips develop the hard skin padding that are the sign of a guitarist. This padding comes after months of painful practice and they will make you a much better guitarist. By learning on the electric you are basically circumventing this crucial part of the learning process. And the worst part is that even after you become proficient at playing the electric, you will not be able to play the acoustic! It's like learning to drive in an automatic. You will drive the automatic after a few days, but you will never be able to get behind the wheels of a geared car. But, if its just for shtz and gigglzs, then go electric. :two_thumbs_up:

If you want to learn there's nothing like an acoustic. Apart from the practical (much cheaper) and romantic (awww...wood sound good sound) reasons, the strings on an electric guitar lie very close to the fretboard, which makes it easier to play but you miss out on the essential finger training that guitar playing requires. On an acoustic guitar, because of the bigger gap, your fingers have to press hard on the string for them to sit on the frets properly, so they develop strength and agility and also your fingertips develop the hard skin padding that are the sign of a guitarist. This padding comes after months of painful practice and they will make you a much better guitarist. By learning on the electric you are basically circumventing this crucial part of the learning process. And the worst part is that even after you become proficient at playing the electric, you will not be able to play the acoustic! It's like learning to drive in an automatic. You will drive the automatic after a few days, but you will never be able to get behind the wheels of a geared car. But, if its just for shtz and gigglzs, then go electric. :two_thumbs_up:
Thanks for the info :icflove::icflove:
Learning guitar ? Have you learnt how to cook aloo-gobi yet ? :hmmm:
You trying to pick a fight? :mad: You Sexist. :(( Kidding.:icflove: And If I take your comment LITERALLY, then well... I know how to cook aloo-Gobhi. :cantstop:

Countdown to the time the novelty wears off and it lies in an attic somewhere
++ That is why - never buy such stuff, just because suddenly you want to learn. First learn and then buy.
Already bought it. :(( BUT BUT BUT, I will definitely learn it after my Practicals, Boards, farewell etc. :cantstop:

Countdown to the time the novelty wears off and it lies in an attic somewhere
++ That is why - never buy such stuff, just because suddenly you want to learn. First learn and then buy.
bought a PS3 move last year and played Unchartered and coupe of move games for few hours...now its packed neatly and sitting in a corner of my room ..:((

I bought a Kindle last year. Have used it on long journeys but not daily as I hoped to.
common man Kindle wont cost that much and you can even give it to some one who inetrested in reading i used iPad 2 almost every day after i bought it last march...best buy i ver made