If Yuvraj was fit...

Sooda

He would almost definitely have played the first test IMO. Would Ganguly have even featured in the squad ?? what happens when hes back from injury...hes a shoo-in for the ODI 11 I think. Not sure if Ganguly is up to ODIs But in tests- stick with the same lineup. Yuv has been indias next big thing for a while ...hasnt quite cut it in tests yet. Would have had nothing like Gangs application in SAf - one waft outside off stump and thats it. its sad that we have had to resort to the same bunch of guys, the 'youngsters' just arent up to it...

Guest dada_rocks

Re: If Yuvraj was fit... Yuvraj si disaster in test everytime he scors runs it coems on the back of at least half dozen lives like afridi.. in one day he is MVP

Guest dada_rocks

Re: If Yuvraj was fit... ability class is there in fact there is no better timer of the bowl in world cricket in my opinion but test cricket is more than just ability to time the ball

Re: If Yuvraj was fit... No dsr mate. You are nuts Kaifs form in Tests has been far superior. No hes not as talented as Yuv is, but hes got far more application- thats what Dada means when he says test cricket is a bit more than timing Yuvrajs average in WI was 20. and at 25 he should be settled in the lineup by now. He shouldnt play again until we tried the likes of Venugopal and Badrinath and if they fail... In any case the middle order is sorted for a few series at least. Yuvraj is very frustrating, youd think by now hed be scoring consistently, but he hasnt built on that great run of form at home last season He wouldnt have the patience to last agst a Pollock

Re: If Yuvraj was fit... in a way he kind of reminds me of a left handed Laxman, but of course a better fielder, but both are tall, pretty well built, have some dazzling strokes, cutters, pullers, wristy, dont really hit sixes as much as fours. Will do good on pitches like Australia.

Re: If Yuvraj was fit... You folks are jumping the gun here. This series is far from over and our batting line-up is far from settled. Who knows we might need replacement for 3-4 batsmen before this series ends. I hope this post doesn't come back to bite me on the ass later :mad:

Re: If Yuvraj was fit... ^ I'm with you Gullu. Our middle order is far from settled. True, Tendulkar and Ganguly played one good knock each in the previous test but they've had an extended slump prior to that. And in the second innings our batting underperformed again. But I hope my post does come back and bite me on the ass later. :hic: