Aussie test team by November

Their next tests are in November. The oldies will surely be gone, here are the gaps in their team. 1. 2. 3. Ponting 4. Hussey 5. Clarke 6. Watson 7. 8. Lee 9. Clarke 10. 11. Contenders: Jaques, Macgill, Johnson, Tait, Haddin, Symonds Does not look as fearsome without the big guns. The batters will be easier to replace but the bowlers will be near impossible especially a top spinner.

Re: Aussie test team by November McGill, Johnson and Jaques are obvious choices for Warne, McGrath and Langer. How will they replace the irreplacable Gilchrist and the steorid monkey Hayden. I'm still not convinced about watson's bowling and batting ability/temprament/potential in Testmatches. Clarke's had two good series in his test career this ashes one and the debut indian one. Is that enough to determine him as a potentially world class batsman. I doubt it. For he has a very very loose techinique against quality pace bowling, i wont question his batting agaisnt spin. Same with Hussey this time roles are reversed, no question about temprament or ability agaisnt pace but questions must be answered agaisnt spin. Saw him agaisnt Harbhajan in tricky pitches of Malaysia, he looked out of sorts, unsure and hesitant. How long will pontings purple patch continue is anybody's guess. But all good things come to end. But without McWarne and langer/hayden opening and Gilchrist this Ozzie team looks mortal.

Re: Aussie test team by November No doubt they will still be very competitive and win more then they lose. They may still be best in the world. However, they will not be the dominant almost invicible team like they have been over the last decade. Its the end of an era. Others can now have there time in the limelight and maybe even take the no 1 spot from the aussies.

Re: Aussie test team by November The picture isnt too rosy with the Indian team either when the big 4 retire in the next couple of years - ganguly, dravid, sachin, laxman. Except for Motu and Yuvraj, I cant think of any other batsmen showing potential/talent. However, the bowling is in better shape - though we would lose our biggest match winner - kumble. 1. 2. Sehwag 3. 4. Yuvraj 5. 6. Dhoni 7. Pathan (maybe as an allrounder?) 8. Zaheer 9. Munaf 10. Bhajji 11. Sreesanth

Re: Aussie test team by November

I read somewhere that when both Mcgill and Warne played in the same test' date=' Mcgill had outperformed Warne. Is that true?[/quote'] Yes it is! However, the theory is that when they both play it means it is a raging turner were Macgill excels. He is less good when conditions are not in his favour is the theory in Aus. Also Macgill is poor fielder and bat. Unlike Warne who is top slipper and useful lower order bat.

Re: Aussie test team by November Johnson, Tait, Clark is a potentially lethal pace attack The spin dept is not so rosy. Im not sure how good Cullen is and Macgill is ok but no warne. And as someone said he is really only effective on raging turners Batting- well Jacques is supposed to be wicked. haddin is a good wk/bat Theres that guy Voges, Cosgrove, and Marcus North, Chris Rogers, who i THINK is an opener All have highish reputations. Whether there test class is another amtter

Re: Aussie test team by November Cosgrove is fatter then Lehman. Personally I don't think he is all that. Hodge is one they may consider. Jacques is a certainty. Tait is very quick but very raw and unreliable. He will have days were he will go all over the park. Very slingy. Clark is identical replacement for Mcgrath. Johnson is one to watch. Left arm and makes the ball talk with good pace in high 80's.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Aussie test team by November

I read somewhere that when both Mcgill and Warne played in the same test' date=' Mcgill had outperformed Warne. Is that true?[/quote'] Yes it is! However, the theory is that when they both play it means it is a raging turner were Macgill excels. He is less good when conditions are not in his favour is the theory in Aus. Also Macgill is poor fielder and bat. Unlike Warne who is top slipper and useful lower order bat.
They hardly play him on otheriwse subdued wickets so how do they know..