Oh, what Nakhra's (fuss)

Nottingham: Having played the lead on-field role in saving the first Test, Mahendra Singh Dhoni wanted to celebrate by tucking into the mouth-watering desserts in the Lord’s dressing room. Much to his dismay, they’d been removed when he went back for the tea break.

As it turned out, Dhoni and the others didn’t have to resume battle.

“There were no desserts then, but at night, a couple of us went to Leicester Square for ice-cream... After a day of tension, that’s how we chose to unwind... Given the position we were in, saving the Test was almost like winning,” Dhoni told The Telegraph.

Speaking on the afternoon-after (Tuesday), at the Crowne Plaza here, he added: “Yes, we felt relieved... While in the dressing room (tea onwards), I’d only been looking at the sky... Had play resumed, with just one wicket, saving the Test would’ve been difficult...”

Asked whether he felt any different on waking up, Dhoni replied: “Felt satisfied... I showed that I could anchor a match-saving innings as well... I survived in tough conditions... I wouldn’t say the unbeaten 76 is my finest, but definitely among the most important...”

Laughing, he continued: “It would be nice to get that score, and at Lord’s, in the last innings of one’s career!”

That, surely, is a long way off. For now, Dhoni is focusing on the next two Tests. “Had we lost, it would’ve become very tough... There’s a big difference between 0-0 and being 0-1 down in a three-match series.”

The Indians, meanwhile, arrived around 7.00 pm (IST).

The check-in at the hotel got delayed as vice-captain Sachin Tendulkar and former captain Sourav Ganguly (travelling with family) were allotted rather cramped standard rooms instead of superior ones.

Then, the highly superstitious Sreesanth wanted a room whose number would total 9 — 333, for example. The somewhat amused guest relations manager couldn’t oblige, but promised to “adjust” on Wednesday.

Quite a character this Sreesanth.

Dhoni seems to have under tremendous pressure before the test match, for him to save said "Felt satisfied... I showed that I could anchor a match-saving innings as well...". Its almost like him saying - "see , I deserve my place in this team".

Dhoni seems to have under tremendous pressure before the test match' date=' for him to save said "Felt satisfied... I showed that I could anchor a match-saving innings as well...". Its almost like him saying - "see , I deserve my place in this team".[/quote']

Asked whether he felt any different on waking up, Dhoni replied: “Felt satisfied... I showed that I could anchor a match-saving innings as well... I survived in tough conditions... I wouldn’t say the unbeaten 76 is my finest, but definitely among the most important...â€

Laughing, he continued: “It would be nice to get that score, and at Lord’s, in the last innings of one’s career!†why did he say that its almost like he was given a deadline!

Meet the quintessential Indian cricketer. Play one good innings, draw the match (forget winning it...that's too hard) and suddenly you can run to the Ice Cream parlours like Baskin & Robbins and stuff yourself like a fat f*ck. Here is some advice for you fat-boy - take that ice cream and throw it into the next garbage can you see. Walk back to the nets, learn how to play a forward defensive stroke so that you don't f*ck up again in the first innings and embarrass your sorry @ss (and your team, for that matter) like you did last time. D*ckhead. :regular_smile:

Meet the quintessential Indian cricketer. Play one good innings, draw the match (forget winning it...that's too hard) and suddenly you can run to the Ice Cream parlours like Baskin & Robbins and stuff yourself like a fat f*ck. Here is some advice for you fat-boy - take that ice cream and throw it into the next garbage can you see. Walk back to the nets, learn how to play a forward defensive stroke so that you don't f*ck up again in the first innings and embarrass your sorry @ss (and your team, for that matter) like you did last time. D*ckhead. :regular_smile:
:cantstop:
:hysterical::hysterical:
:haha::haha::cantstop: Exactly mundo Pred. Short and succint. I couldn't have put it better myself. I am glad you refrained from using your colourful language this time around. :wink_smile:

You think that room-issue is a fuss??? Read this article:

India miffed with accommodation at Nottingham Nottingham, July 26 (PTI): Indian cricket team has complained to its manager that it considers the lodging arrangement in this venue for the second Test as completely rotten. The squad is livid that ahead of the critical second Test with the series evenly poised at nil-all, their accommodation in this city of mythical hero Robin Hood is absolutely unacceptable. The team has been lodged in a five-star hotel of the city but the specifications of the room leaves much to be desired. The eight-by-eight rooms are making even the movement of the cricketers inside their rooms an arduous task. Most of the cricketers, including Sachin Tendulkar, have been put up on the seventh floor where the situation is particularly grim. Somebody like Ramesh Powar finds himself suffocated in a room which doesn't even have a window and ventilation is an issue in other rooms also. All individual members of the Indian cricket team are carrying four and even five luggage items on this specific tour. There is a mandatory 'coffin', a kit bag and two suitcases full of clothes which each and every member of the Indian team is carrying. The rooms even don't have cupboards where cricketers can keep their clothes or bags. Team India, it is learnt, has asked manager and former Test captain Chandu Borde to take up the matter with the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) about the stifling situation. The players at present can't see how they could stay at this accommodation for their 10-day stay at this venue. Niranjan Shah, secretary of the Indian cricket board, confirmed that the players were having inconvenience at the venue and that they had complained the team management. "The issue was brought to my notice on Tuesday evening and I am immediately took it up with the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB)," said Shah. He said that an advance party from the Indian cricket board wasn't sent "as it was England and the accommodation was in a five-star hotel." Shah also took a broadside at Indian cricketers stating that they tended to travel with too heavy luggage whenever accompanying cricket squad in a foreign country. "Our cricketers sometimes carry too much luggage. It creates its own set of problems," said Shah. "Some of our cricketers are also travelling with their spouses which not only increases their luggage but also reduces the space in the room." Rufus Rockey, administrative manager of the Indian team, confessed from Trent Bridge that the issue was brought to team management's notice by the players and that he subsequently swung into action. "We reacted almost immediately on it and I am glad to say most of the issues are being attended to at the moment." It is only a continuation of a long-held belief among the Indian cricketers that their tour arrangements in the Old Blighty are never up to scratch. There is an audible grievance among the Indian cricketers that they have to haul their own baggage at all places on tour to England.
The team should only be allowed the luxury of a 5 star hotel if they win a match. If they lose or draw' date=' a stay in some sh*tty 3 star guest house would be well deserved.[/quote'] did you have a troubled childhood? you know, did mommy and daddy lock you away in the store each time you soiled your pants?
Sounds like an English Dharmshala:haha:
I wonder how a person can live in an eight by eight room with no cup-boards when he has been travelling with two big suitcases and two kits? Remember that they've to be on tour for about 3 months!! It was absolutely disgusting! And BCCI's reaction was even more ridiculous! First they don't check these things before the tour and are blaming the players for it now!:confused_smile:

Isn't the manager supposed to look into all this?What is Mr. Chandu Borde doing. Stupid Niranjan Shah probbly expects best treatment whereever he goes ....... Kabootakkhane mein soenge to phir kabootaron ki hi tarah khelenge bechare......