Zaheer should be India's bowling coach: Dhoni

J P K

India's new bowling coach Joe Dawes didn't arrive with the team on Saturday nor did he practice with the team ahead of Tuesday's Asia Cup clash with Sri Lanka. It may be recalled that Sri Lanka put India out of the Commonwealth Bank series in Australia a few days ago. Where is the new bowling coach? Captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni was asked, to which he replied: "Honestly, I don't know when he is arriving. But I think he will be here for the Asia Cup. However, I can give no guarantee. As per my knowledge, I know he is coming here." Dhoni, to be fair, has never had the luxury of an all-fit pace attack. But he sees pace ace Zaheer Khan, who has been rested after the long tour of Australia, as the possible bowling coach option for the future. "Yes I want all my bowlers to be fit. Zaheer is an excellent bowler, a match-winner and guides our bowlers whenever he is on tour. I suggest, whenever he chooses to retire, he should be given the responsibility of India's bowling coach," Dhoni said. Back to Dawes. The captain stressed that he didn't have a role to play in the Australian's appointment as bowling coach. "I really do not know who recommended his name. I do not provide any inputs in such cases," Dhoni said yesterday. Dawes was appointed the bowling coach last month after South African Eric Simmons' term expired. http://cricketnext.in.com/news/zaheer-should-be-indias-bowling-coach-dhoni/64416-13.html

India's new bowling coach Joe Dawes didn't arrive with the team on Saturday nor did he practice with the team ahead of Tuesday's Asia Cup clash with Sri Lanka. It may be recalled that Sri Lanka put India out of the Commonwealth Bank series in Australia a few days ago. Where is the new bowling coach? Captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni was asked, to which he replied: "Honestly, I don't know when he is arriving. But I think he will be here for the Asia Cup. However, I can give no guarantee. As per my knowledge, I know he is coming here." Dhoni, to be fair, has never had the luxury of an all-fit pace attack. But he sees pace ace Zaheer Khan, who has been rested after the long tour of Australia, as the possible bowling coach option for the future. "Yes I want all my bowlers to be fit. Zaheer is an excellent bowler, a match-winner and guides our bowlers whenever he is on tour. I suggest, whenever he chooses to retire, he should be given the responsibility of India's bowling coach," Dhoni said. Back to Dawes. The captain stressed that he didn't have a role to play in the Australian's appointment as bowling coach. "I really do not know who recommended his name. I do not provide any inputs in such cases," Dhoni said yesterday. Dawes was appointed the bowling coach last month after South African Eric Simmons' term expired. http://cricketnext.in.com/news/zaheer-should-be-indias-bowling-coach-dhoni/64416-13.html
:gossip::gossip: another gossip material for ICF in the making .
Wow. What exactly DOES Dhoni do? Given he has no say even in matters such as these' date=' it is not a good reflection to see him drained out when on the field. Time for Dhoni to retire from tests and concentrate on only one format.[/quote'] As he said he doe not have input in these matters :hysterical::hysterical:,His inputs are only for matters pertaining to csk.

India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni on Monday said his side will miss explosive opening batsman Virender Sehwag in the four-nation Asia Cup tournament. Sehwag, who grabbed headlines during India’s tour of Australia due to differences with the Indian captain, was dropped for the tournament being played in Bangladesh due to poor form with the bat. “Unfortunately [sehwag’s] not there. We will miss him; he is one of the most dangerous openers. But this means we have one space in the playing XI right now. It may go to somebody like Yusuf Pathan so that we can balance the flair and the firepower and the stability that’s needed,” Dhoni said ahead of India’s opening clash against Sri Lanka. India will play their first game of the tournament against Sri Lanka, at the Shere Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur on Tuesday. “Over the years the [tournament] format has changed in the sense that now there are four good sides. It is a very short series, and it is very important to start on a positive note because it’s not very often that you play in a tournament where all the Asian countries are playing together,” Dhoni was quoted as saying by Board of Control for Cricket in India’s portal. “It’s not that we have done really badly [recently]. Of course, we had a patch where we have not done consistently well. [However,] when it comes to the ODI format, I think we have done quite well. We are hoping that we will stick to it and be consistent throughout the tournament,” Dhoni said. The Indian captain opined that Sehwag’s absence provides a good opportunity for Ravindra Jadeja or Yusuf Pathan to cement their place in the side. “I think it’s an opportunity for someone like a Yusuf or a Ravindra Jadeja to do well and grab that No. 6 position,” he said. http://www.cricketcountry.com/cricket-articles/MS-Dhoni-says-India-will-miss-Virender-Sehwag-in-Asia-Cup-/12271