Shatranj ka khel shuru ho gaya

ravishingravi

Pranav da maintains his image as the modern day chanakya. Master stroke by Congress in my assessment. I think they have the numbers with SP support and they probably plan to break up TMC. "Replace Dinesh Trivedi with Mukul Roy: Mamata writes to PM Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee today wrote to the Prime Minister to remove Dinesh Trivedi as railway minister and proposed Mukul Roy's name for the post, reports say. Murmurs of railway minister Dinesh Trivedi exit grew louder in the political corridors after Trinamool Sudip Bandopadhyay, Leader of the 19-member Trinamool group in the Lok Sabha, told PTI that a delegation of party MPs would meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Thursday to press for a roll back of the fares which was opposed by the party supremo Mamata Banerjee. Poll: Is it time for Cong to part ways with Mamata? The party would also move cut motion against the fare hike, he said. "We may propose another name for railway ministry," he said. However, Bandopadhyay hoped that Trivedi, who belongs to his party, would abide by the party directive and roll back the fare hike. Bandopadhyay said, "we feel that this (hike) is anti-people policy. If necessary, we will move cut motion on the issue." He said the party was not not in a mood to compromise on the issue at all. Trivedi, he said, represents Trinamool Congress in the government. "We feel that some forces are trying to provoke from behind the scenes and we will expose them at the appropriate time." Bandopadhyay said everyone should know that Trinamool is united and committed to its leader Mamata Banerjee. Those who do not not abide by the party directive may quit the party. "We have no no feelings for them," Bandopadhyay said. As leader of the Parliamentary Party, Bandopadhyay said he has communicated to Trivedi that the hike should be rolled back and reminded him that he was in that position because of the party. Bandopadhyay said all the Trinamool MPs will hold a dharna in Parliament House complex tomorrow on the NCTC and fare hike issues." http://www.hindustantimes.com/News-Feed/Chunk-HT-UI-HomePage-BreakingStory/Replace-Dinesh-Trivedi-with-Mukul-Roy-Mamata-writes-to-PM/Article1-825424.aspx

Pranav da maintains his image as the modern day chanakya. Master stroke by Congress in my assessment. I think they have the numbers with SP support and they probably plan to break up TMC. "Replace Dinesh Trivedi with Mukul Roy: Mamata writes to PM Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee today wrote to the Prime Minister to remove Dinesh Trivedi as railway minister and proposed Mukul Roy's name for the post, reports say. Murmurs of railway minister Dinesh Trivedi exit grew louder in the political corridors after Trinamool Sudip Bandopadhyay, Leader of the 19-member Trinamool group in the Lok Sabha, told PTI that a delegation of party MPs would meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Thursday to press for a roll back of the fares which was opposed by the party supremo Mamata Banerjee. Poll: Is it time for Cong to part ways with Mamata? The party would also move cut motion against the fare hike, he said. "We may propose another name for railway ministry," he said. However, Bandopadhyay hoped that Trivedi, who belongs to his party, would abide by the party directive and roll back the fare hike. Bandopadhyay said, "we feel that this (hike) is anti-people policy. If necessary, we will move cut motion on the issue." He said the party was not not in a mood to compromise on the issue at all. Trivedi, he said, represents Trinamool Congress in the government. "We feel that some forces are trying to provoke from behind the scenes and we will expose them at the appropriate time." Bandopadhyay said everyone should know that Trinamool is united and committed to its leader Mamata Banerjee. Those who do not not abide by the party directive may quit the party. "We have no no feelings for them," Bandopadhyay said. As leader of the Parliamentary Party, Bandopadhyay said he has communicated to Trivedi that the hike should be rolled back and reminded him that he was in that position because of the party. Bandopadhyay said all the Trinamool MPs will hold a dharna in Parliament House complex tomorrow on the NCTC and fare hike issues." http://www.hindustantimes.com/News-Feed/Chunk-HT-UI-HomePage-BreakingStory/Replace-Dinesh-Trivedi-with-Mukul-Roy-Mamata-writes-to-PM/Article1-825424.aspx
Wrong assessment. The target is not Mamata, the traget of Pranab is and forever will be Manmohan Singh and his lackey Chidambaram. If you look at all that has happened over the last couple of years, Pranab has used Mamata to spoil MMS's broth many times, not counting when he humiliated Chidambaram over the 2G scam. If you remember, during the retail FDI hungama, it was Pranab who assured MMS that Mamata is on board, so that subsequently more egg is heaped on MMS's face by Mamata's pressure. Pranab Mukherjee has never gotten over the fact that MMS, who was the RBI Governor and reported to him when he was FM, is now his boss.

Wrong assessment. The target is not Mamata, the traget of Pranab is and forever will be Manmohan Singh and his lackey Chidambaram. If you look at all that has happened over the last couple of years, Pranab has used Mamata to spoil MMS's broth many times, not counting when he humiliated Chidambaram over the 2G scam. If you remember, during the retail FDI hungama, it was Pranab who assured MMS that Mamata is on board, so that subsequently more egg is heaped on MMS's face by Mamata's pressure. Pranab Mukherjee has never gotten over the fact that MMS, who was the RBI Governor and reported to him when he was FM, is now his boss.
Nobody needs to "use" Mamta - she's so unpredictable that everyone from AB Vajpayee to Pranab Mukherjee have had problems in controlling her and running a coalition with her. I don't think so. He knows that MMS is just a rubber stamp and if there's anyone in the entire UPA Govt who actually has power it Pranab himself.

Sorry but I am even more disappointed today. After a long time, I saw a courageous and bold minister standing up for the nation in the true sense rather than toying to his party line and he has to resign the same day. I have serious problems with Congress but I have even more problems with Mamata and I have been saying that even before she became PM. She is the biggest opportunist ever on earth and I could see that in the CPM rule. She is even a bigger opportunist than the BJPs, DMKs and AIADMKs and Lalloos and I mean it. In the last UPA, Left Front was opposing every development measure and in this term, Mamata is doing the CPM thing and obstructing the development of the nation. Why can UPA not dump her. SP has got more MPs i.e. 23 seats. So, they can simply dump her instead. UPA has far more than the required 272 including outside support. They can include either of SP or BSP and still dump her. Even AIADMK had given Congress an open offer to dump DMK. DMK has mellowed down in the last few years and is not opposing anything. So, if needed Congress can take support of AIADMK too and dump Mamta. I am not sure what is stopping them from doing so. And it might also be a master stroke and if they instead take Trivedi in Congress while dumping TMC then they would probably make their party even stronger in West Bengal. I understand that TMC and Mamta does not have brains but does Manmohan or UPA also not have brains. It is simple calculations and they are safe without TMC too. If needed, include SP or AIADMK (I would prefer SP as AIADMK is also known to be obstructive in the past) directly in the govt. instead of outside support and give them one or two Minister of State posts. How difficult is that. And elect Trivedi from a bypoll from Congress if any are due in West Bengal in the near future. I have checked his profile too and he seems to be really honest and not just showing off. He might be a good leader needed for the nation in the future. I would not like to miss such a person from politics.

I think with PM, phattu minister, ready to accept the demands of TMC, my assessment was wrong in first instance. There is no political manoeuvring here. Just the incompetence and impotence of congress. Respect for Trivedi though. Mamta like the left will keep bengal in the medieval state.

Trinamool says it has not demanded Trivedi's resignation

The Trinamool Congress on Thursday said in Parliament that it had not asked its party leader Dinesh Trivedi to resign as railway minister, apparently changing its stance on what it had said a few hours ago. Trinamool has not asked Railway Minister to tender his resignation, said party leader Sud ip Bandopadhyay in Lok Sabha. Trivedi issue is a matter to be settled between Trinamool chief Mamata Banerjee and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, said Bandopadhyay. Trivedi had earned the wrath of Banerjee after he hiked passenger fares in the railway budget he presented to Parliament on Wednesday. Banerjee on Wednesday night sought to replace Trivedi with her loyalist, Minister of State for Transport Mukul Roy. But finance minister Pranab Mukherjee told Lok Sabha on Thursday that the Prime Minister had not received any resignation. "As soon as a decision is taken, the house will be informed," he said. Giving out the same message in the Rajya Sabha, Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Rajiv Shukla said: "PM has not received any resignation from railway minister. We have received a communication from West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee but no decision has been taken. The house will be informed when any decision is taken."
http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-Budget-2012/Chunk-HT-UI-IndiaBudget2012-TopStories/Trinamool-says-it-has-not-demanded-Trivedi-s-resignation/SP-Article1-825725.aspx

Sorry but I am even more disappointed today. After a long time' date=' I saw a courageous and bold minister standing up for the nation in the true sense rather than toying to his party line and he has to resign the same day. I have serious problems with Congress but I have even more problems with Mamata and I have been saying that even before she became PM. [b']She is the biggest opportunist ever on earth and I could see that in the CPM rule. She is even a bigger opportunist than the BJPs, DMKs and AIADMKs and Lalloos and I mean it. In the last UPA, Left Front was opposing every development measure and in this term, Mamata is doing the CPM thing and obstructing the development of the nation. Why can UPA not dump her. SP has got more MPs i.e. 23 seats. So, they can simply dump her instead. UPA has far more than the required 272 including outside support. They can include either of SP or BSP and still dump her. Even AIADMK had given Congress an open offer to dump DMK. DMK has mellowed down in the last few years and is not opposing anything. So, if needed Congress can take support of AIADMK too and dump Mamta. I am not sure what is stopping them from doing so. And it might also be a master stroke and if they instead take Trivedi in Congress while dumping TMC then they would probably make their party even stronger in West Bengal. I understand that TMC and Mamta does not have brains but does Manmohan or UPA also not have brains. It is simple calculations and they are safe without TMC too. If needed, include SP or AIADMK (I would prefer SP as AIADMK is also known to be obstructive in the past) directly in the govt. instead of outside support and give them one or two Minister of State posts. How difficult is that. And elect Trivedi from a bypoll from Congress if any are due in West Bengal in the near future. I have checked his profile too and he seems to be really honest and not just showing off. He might be a good leader needed for the nation in the future. I would not like to miss such a person from politics.
Ever heard of Ajit Singh of RLD??