Bravest Action seen on Cricket Field???

whatz the most bravest action u seen on cricket field??? which one u liked the most??? to be frank, nothing beatz Anil Kumblez bravest action.. Merven Dillon broke Kumb;ez jaw.. guy is badly injured.. and then when Indians are bowled out... Kumble the brave comes and bowls for India.....the injury he got was pretty scary and morever he was ruled out for the whole series because of that injury.. kumble with broken jaw, came and took wicket of lara.. bowled 14 overs... with thaty sick injury.. to me nothing beatz this brave act... he clearly showed the feeling of nationalism he had... Do the honourz

Or Standing your ground and looking straight , when every other soul in that area were on the mat covering and protecting their eyes from a sand-storm. Or battling severe back spasm for most of your innings and taking your team to the brink of a historic victory

Turning up for your country less than 24 hours after your father passes away. i ll let you figure out who that was.
recently it's Indian youngster u-19 player Virat Kohli from Delhi.. playing in ranji this year, he came to bat even after hearing that sad news.. and as ur question say about int'l cricketer, well who doesn't know his name??

Hard to go past Rick McCosker's gutsy innings in the Centenary Test at Melbourne in 1977. RMcCosker.jpg In the first innings he had his jaw broken by a Bob Willis bouncer (helmets only began to appear later that year) but in their second he came out to bat at No. 10 swathed in bandages and with his jaw wired shut, and made a gritty 25, including a hooked four off a John Lever bouncer, in a ninth-wicket stand of 54 with Dennis Lillee. Australia won by 45 runs.

Yes, I saw it. To face fast bowlers without a helmet was scary enough but to do it with a wired up broken jaw was brave indeed. And it wasn't for only a few overs. He batted for 1 hour and 26 minutes, facing 86 balls. It was quite an amazing Test and fitting for such an occasion. England won the toss and bowled. They skittled Australia for 138. The Aussies hit back hard. Dennis Lillee took 6/26 as England was rolled for just 95. The 2 second innings could hardly have been more different with Australia scoring 419 (Rod Marsh 110 n.o.). England batted gallantly for 417 (Derek Randall 174. Lillee 5/139) to lose by exactly the same margin as in the first Test, 100 years earlier - 45 runs.

I think the bravest from an Indian point of view would be Jimmy Amarnath. After having problems with the short ball initially in his career, he stages a grand comeback against Pakistan in 82 with Imran at his peak followed by the series in West Indies where Kapil was made captain for the first time. I don't remember the exact test, but he is felled by another bouncer, bleeding profusely he retires hurt and is taken to the hospital and returns from the hospital cleans his shirt and goes back to bat again and guess what is greeted by a bouncer which is despatched over fineleg for a six. He scores a 90, If I remember correctly and gets out hooking again. But, what a gutsy performance and that too amidst some mediocre displays by the others. I think a batsmen performing after an injury ranks higher in my book than a bowler, because the psychological scar can be a huge factor while negotiating the fast bowlers immediately after returning from such a nasty blow and I guess for this, Jimmy's knock stands above all.