Who will get the new ball?

Re: Who will get the new ball? no need to change new ball attack.. Sree has wood on SA openers..so let him continue....Zaheer can be replaced after 4 overs and Munaf takes over...so he also gets new cherry.. Kukubooras last for 20 overs...so doesnt matter...its imp to make every ball count..and Sree has confidence..whereas Munaf is coming from injury..

Re: Who will get the new ball? Munaf never was a great new ball bowler.... he usually takes time to warm up and is at his most potent in his second spell or towards the end of his first spell.... Sree and Zak mus share the new ball, cos both get it right from ball one...

Re: Who will get the new ball? Even if munaf is fit i would still give the new ball to zaheer and sree. Both are bowling well with that new ball why take it away. Besides Munaf needs a couple of overs to settle down, for some weird reason he bowls quicker with an old ball than with a new one. The big question is if pathan plays over VRV, then i would like to open with pathan and sree. If smith is around till 6th over then replace pathan with zaheer.

Re: Who will get the new ball?

Even if munaf is fit i would still give the new ball to zaheer and sree. Both are bowling well with that new ball why take it away. Besides Munaf needs a couple of overs to settle down, for some weird reason he bowls quicker with an old ball than with a new one. The big question is if pathan plays over VRV, then i would like to open with pathan and sree. If smith is around till 6th over then replace pathan with zaheer.
Pathan with new ball :huh: Nooooooooooooooooooo :wall: :wall:

Re: Who will get the new ball?

Gangulys performance in first test surprised me and maybe even you. So why cant pathan surprise us.
Yes Ganguly did suprise me. However ganguly is proven performer over a number of years. He is a good batsman. Age was against him but he did ok. Pathan is not a proven performer and has survived on hype tag of potential. He is unproven and has only been a dissapointment. Also Gangs had not played for a year and been poor for India. Pathan has and has been poor.