Khan 150!

I am waiting till the end of the series to get at folks who said it was Sreesanth and not Zaheer who was our spearhead ! :D
Are you hoping that Sreesanth fails :sad_smile::sad_smile: India will need both to fire if India has to win this Sriram. Back to the topic. A good success for Zaheer :P I wonder where he stands in the list of pace greats. The first two are obvious Kapil-Sreenath. Does Zaheer count as a better bowler than say Nissar, Amar Singh, Ramakant Desai, Ghavri, Chetan Sharma etc?? Statistically it would be hard to say no. By the by it would be good if he gets his wicket/test to higher than 3(what it is right now). RIght now it is pretty darn okayish at best. Plus do something abt average too. xxx
Are you hoping that Sreesanth fails :sad_smile::sad_smile: India will need both to fire if India has to win this Sriram.
No Lurks. I definitely wudnt mind Sree getting all 10 , as long as the team wins. Just that , MANY people here seemed to feel Sreesanth was a better bowler than Zaheer and was our spearhead. I didnt share that opinion, Anyways , there is plenty to go in that series , so we shall wait.
Back to the topic. A good success for Zaheer :P I wonder where he stands in the list of pace greats. The first two are obvious Kapil-Sreenath. Does Zaheer count as a better bowler than say Nissar' date=' Amar Singh, Ramakant Desai, Ghavri, Chetan Sharma etc?? Statistically it would be hard to say no.[/quote'] Zaheer is a million times than better than all those pacers with whom he is being compared. By the time he is finished , Zaheer may well have more than 500 international wickets , which is quite an achievement for a fast bowler
By the by it would be good if he gets his wicket/test to higher than 3(what it is right now). RIght now it is pretty darn okayish at best. Plus do something abt average too.
Zaheer has very few 5-fors . That has been biggest bane. Hopefully , that can be corrected in this test match. He would have gone to hotel room with 4 in the bag today had Sachin held on to that easy catch. I really dunno whats the problem with Sachin's slip catching. He seems so obsessed with the way he looks while catching the ball -- bent knee , catch it as late as possible , hands below the eye line et al. Just catch you fool ! Dont get stuck in technicalities. :angry_smile:
Zaheer is a million times than better than all those pacers with whom he is being compared. By the time he is finished , Zaheer may well have more than 500 international wickets , which is quite an achievement for a fast bowler
500 International wickets?? Are you combining both Test and LOI wickets? Because I dont see him take 300 Test wickets, let alone 500 wickets. If you combine them - LOI and Test - he has 330 wickets so 500 is certainly a possibility. I mean I can see him pick 75-100 wickets in LOI only even if he plays for just another 2 years or so. xxx
500 International wickets?? Are you combining both Test and LOI wickets? Because I dont see him take 300 Test wickets, let alone 500 wickets. If you combine them - LOI and Test - he has 330 wickets so 500 is certainly a possibility. I mean I can see him pick 75-100 wickets in LOI only even if he plays for just another 2 years or so. xxx
Yep Lurks. Combining both One day and tests. Another 170 shoudnt be out of the reach for Zaheer. One bowler who has similar numbers to him is Agarkar. Both are about the same age too. Would be interesting to see where the international careers of these two players go from now on.

i wish we had seen more of zaheer and srinath bowling together, throw in prasad (before he was demoralized by being used as cannon fodder against jayasuriya and anwar on flat pitches) and maybe a dash of sreesanth and pathan. or better yet, just bring back nehra and balaji... then we have a bag of bowlers each of who are quite a handful. p.s. updates on nehra and balaji? or are they never going to be playing again, you know like simon jones....

could you describe it for the visually imparied (broadcast imparied i should say)?
It was typical Pathan-in-his-heyday dismissal. Ball slightly fuller than good length , pitching on off-stump. Batsman plonks his left front across to off-stump. Ball swings in. Batsman tries to drag his foot back toward leg-stump to compensate for the swing. Too late ! Ball thuds the batsman's pads just near the knee-roll , in line of middle stump, would have gone to hit both middle and leg-stump. Easy decision for umpire.