Lara V Tendulkar

I have always been curious. Not one so much into stats so was hoping people could enlighten me on their individual stats v countries and in particular conditions. Lazy to check but if someone knows, let me know. Also share your opinion. All I know is as a kid growing up, I personally felt Lara was much more talented in terms of ability. Also his team was a joke from mid 90's down so he lacked support.

Lara has a test series win in Australia' date=' midget doesn't :giggle:[/quote'] He smashed it v Aus, also he knew how to accelerate and which bowlers to target, which is something Tendulkar is not as good at. I saw him take apart warne and gillespie while milking McGrath, some of the shots were out of this world.
Lara won matches for his country. Tendulkar took matches to the brink of victory and most often had a brain freeze when the target was within striking range.
That to me was the crucial difference. Lara was much more mentally strong as said in OP. Tendulkar is a better ODI player but Lara batted lower done and didn't achieve as much as he could have. But in tests for me, Lara over Tendulkar. He had that little bit extra and could play extraordinary shots. But I could be blinded by his elegance as he was more fun to watch with his technique.

Lara 153 against Australia is one of the best innings of all time, won the match by himself when it was almost impossible, chasing 300 plus and nobody else even scored a 50. West indies drew the series because of that. Also won the 2nd test in that series scoring 213

Lara has a test series win in Australia' date=' midget doesn't :giggle:[/quote'] Tendulkar has a test series win in Pakistan, Sri Lanka, England. Lara doesn't. :cantstop: Tendulkar has a World Cup and a Champion's trophy. Tendulkar has better avg than him, more runs, more centuries. For all of Tendulkar's match losing talk Lara has lost more matches than Tendulkar. For all talk of Lara's fourth innings greatness Tendulkar has higher avg. Plus Tendulkar has scored runs everywhere against everyone. Avgs 40+ everywhere. Lara sucks in India.
That to me was the crucial difference. Lara was much more mentally strong as said in OP. Tendulkar is a better ODI player but Lara batted lower done and didn't achieve as much as he could have. But in tests for me' date=' Lara over Tendulkar. He had that little bit extra and could play extraordinary shots. But I could be blinded by his elegance as he was more fun to watch with his technique.[/quote']
Tendulkar has a test series win in Pakistan, Sri Lanka, England. Lara doesn't. :cantstop: Tendulkar has better avg than him. For all of Tendulkar's match losing talk Lara has lost more matches than Tendulkar. For all talk of Lara's fourth innings greatness Tendulkar has higher avg. Plus Tendulkar has scored runs everywhere against everyone. Avgs 40+ everywhere. Lara sucks in India.
midget sucks ****.. haha midget is supposed to be god but lost 8-0 cant win a series in australia and south africa in 24 years lol what a choker
Exactly. When Wisden compiled the best 100 innings' date=' Sachin didn't even have one innings in that list. Most of Sachin's 100s have come when they're not worth much.[/quote'] Even Azhar Mehmood and Kami Akmal have innings there . Doesn't make them great. Lara's highs may be higher but they are also a lot fewer.
midget sucks ****.. haha midget is supposed to be god but lost 8-0 cant win a series in australia and south africa in 24 years lol what a choker
Ha Ha Ha. You talking of whitewashes comparing Lara to Tendu :haha: Lara was whitewashed everywhere Pakistan 3-0 Australia 5-0 Australia 3-0 Sri Lanka 3-0 England 4-0 plus plenty of something - 0 India 2-0 England 3-0 etc etc Also Pakistan in Australia record is 9-0 Also you retards still can't win a series in WI where we have won 3. Even Bangladesh has won there.
Lara 153 against Australia is one of the best innings of all time' date=' won the match by himself when it was almost impossible, chasing 300 plus and nobody else even scored a 50. West indies drew the series because of that. Also won the 2nd test in that series scoring 213[/quote'] I remember that one, I was really angry with Jacobs during the 2nd innings and felt he exposed the tail at the time lol. That was a truly special knock, again he planned his counter attack very well and regularly got boundaries to ease pressure.
Ha Ha Ha. You talking of whitewashes comparing Lara to Tendu :haha: Lara was whitewashed everywhere Pakistan 3-0 Australia 5-0 Australia 3-0 Sri Lanka 3-0 England 4-0 plus plenty of something - 0 India 2-0 England 3-0 etc etc Also Pakistan in Australia record is 9-0 Also you retards still can't win a series in WI where we have won 3. Even Bangladesh has won there.
ppppppppppppp............owned....motha****a :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
Exactly. When Wisden compiled the best 100 innings' date=' Sachin didn't even have one innings in that list. Most of Sachin's 100s have come when they're not worth much.[/quote'] Wisden never show bias that's why. As a kid growing up in England, I used to buy their magazines back in the day and collect the player stickers :haha:

well itsn ot west indies vs india thread im sure.. i always liked watching lara bat more...with his bat lift...when in full flow it looked so good.. cant explain it...the power he generated.. west indies flair any way im sure tendulkar would be statistically better then him in most places but i always rated lara as best

well itsn ot west indies vs india thread im sure.. i always liked watching lara bat more...with his bat lift...when in full flow it looked so good.. cant explain it...the power he generated.. west indies flair any way im sure tendulkar would be statistically better then him in most places but i always rated lara as best
I had same issue Sabby. As an Indian I wanted it to be Tendulkar but I saw the way Lara went about his innings and he had immense control and pressence. He could pick off bowlers at will, much more daring. Tendulkar has been nurdling the last decade in tests whereas Lara got big scores despite taking more risks. His flair no one could compare with. As a young kid I wasn't really aware of stats, just used to watch and Lara > Tendu.
Why so? Tendulkar is a better match winner than Lara, has better stats than Lara, has performed everywhere. The fact that Lara is better than Tendulkar is a myth.
Kallis, won series in india, australia and everywhere else.. same with ponting. what did midgetdulkar win? 18 hundreds against minnows LMFAO
and 82 against non-minnows (that's more than youhana,inzi,miandad 100's put together) also what did inzi,waqar,akhtar etc win? bangladesh only, no? :hysterical::hysterical: couldn't even win in WI :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: