Lara V Tendulkar

Lara after his magical comeback against SL and in his last 51 tests vs Ten during the same period Lara: LINK .... look at some of the big scores there, a lot of 150+ scored SRT during that period: Link If you remove Zim and BD: Lara: LINK Ten: LINK Lara vs Ten from Nov 2001 (Lara's comeback) to Nov 2006 (Lara retired) Excluding Zim and BD: Tests Lara: 47 Ten: 44 Runs Lara: 5025 Ten: 3021 Avg Lara: 60.54 (61)with only 2 not outs Ten: 47.06 (47) with 7 not outs 100s: Lara: 17 in 85 innings (a hundred every 5th inning) Ten: 8 in 71 innings (a hundred every 11th inning) SR: Lara: 59.77 (60) Ten: 51.69 (52)

Lara after his magical comeback against SL and in his last 51 tests vs Ten during the same period Lara: LINK .... look at some of the big scores there, a lot of 150+ scored SRT during that period: Link If you remove Zim and BD: Lara: LINK Ten: LINK Lara vs Ten from Nov 2001 (Lara's comeback) to Nov 2006 (Lara retired) Excluding Zim and BD: Tests Lara: 47 Ten: 44 Runs Lara: 5025 Ten: 3021 Avg Lara: 60.54 (61)with only 2 not outs Ten: 47.06 (47) with 7 not outs 100s: Lara: 17 in 85 innings (a hundred every 5th inning) Ten: 8 in 71 innings (a hundred every 11th inning) SR: Lara: 59.77 (60) Ten: 51.69 (52)
:two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up: Lara >>> Teenda Lara treated McGrath & co like club bowlers, but McGrath use to get sachin's wickt at will :cantstop::cantstop:
SRT for me. Lara was more attacking but looked vulnerable to me. I always had a feeling that he would get out any time. Sachin looks more solid to me. I won't be surprised to see sachin strike rate not too far behind Lara.
Lara - 60. Sachin - 55.
Can we have the stats of the previous 5 years (1996-2001) please :)
LOL great stats rett :cheer: I wonder why he filtered those years
why? It's written in the post itself :winky: .... in his last years, Lara easily over shadawod Tendulkar Also their career till Lara retired are similar (with Lara still having an edge) so not much point in comparing those as you can see from below: Excluding Zim and BD, and taking their career's till the point Lara retired (Nov 2006) Tests: Lara: 127 Ten: 120 Runs: Lara: 11,558 (12k) Ten: 9,249 (9.5k) Adv: Lara (in 32 more innings, Lara has approx. 2.3 k more runs, which is at an avg of 72 w/0 considering not outs ) Avg: Lara: 52.53 (53) with only 6 not outs Ten: 52.85 (53) with a staggering 19 not outs Adv: Lara (6 not outs vs 19 not outs) 100s: Lara: 32 in 226 innings Ten: 31 in 194 innings Adv: Ten If you take their careers till the point Lara retired, Lara has an advantage Lara Ten Test batting after Lara retired: LINK (dec 1, 2006 till today) But you are free to think that SRT is the more effective test batsman :P .... I am just giving my opinion here :icflove:
But you are free to think that SRT is the more effective test batsman :P .... I am just giving my opinion here :icflove:
Sachinstas and thinking are mutually exclusive .. sachinstas just believe in onething that sachin is the best in everything he does.. :hehe: like sachin runs faster than Bolt , sachin drives faster than Schumacher .... :hysterical::hysterical:
Sachinstas and thinking are mutually exclusive .. sachinstas just believe in onething that sachin is the best in everything he does.. :hehe: like sachin runs faster than Bolt , sachin drives faster than Schumacher .... :hysterical::hysterical:
But at least Sachin fans try to bring some sort of stats or start a discussion. On the other side are people like you, making juvenile posts like these, bringing in tons of smileys and all in all proving you have no point at all.
Stats :woot: 1. Head to Head stat when both are playing against each other on the same pitch but SRT is up against the likes of Amby , Walsh, Bishop SRT vs WI when Lara is playing ( avg = 53.78 , runs = 1022 ) http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/35320.html?class=1;filter=advanced;orderby=default;player_involve=1982;template=results;type=batting BCL vs Ind when SRT is playing (Avg = 37.66 , Runs = 791 ) :hehe: http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/52337.html?class=1;filter=advanced;orderby=default;player_involve=1934;template=results;type=batting 2. versus the best team of their times i.e Aus . Winner = SRT. http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;opposition=2;orderby=runs;template=results;type=batting 3. BCL has Zero hundreds against the likes of Saqlain, Waz , Waqar, Donald and never played against Shoaib in a Test match and obviously never had to deal with the likes of Ambrose, Walsh, Bishop. Tendulkar has made a hundred against most of those bowlers. Huge plus point to Tendulkar. 4. The ODI comparison with SRT is just :hysterical: so I wont even go there. 5. A whopping 51% (and counting ) more intl career runs than BCL and by the time SRT retires it will be well above 60%. 6. And twice as many intl 100s as BCL by the time SRT retires Repeat after me ... Tendulkar pwns Lara big time.
Pwned .
why? It's written in the post itself :winky: .... in his last years, Lara easily over shadawod Tendulkar Also their career till Lara retired are similar (with Lara still having an edge) so not much point in comparing those as you can see from below: Excluding Zim and BD, and taking their career's till the point Lara retired (Nov 2006) Tests: Lara: 127 Ten: 120 Runs: Lara: 11,558 (12k) Ten: 9,249 (9.5k) Adv: Lara (in 32 more innings, Lara has approx. 2.3 k more runs, which is at an avg of 72 w/0 considering not outs ) Avg: Lara: 52.53 (53) with only 6 not outs Ten: 52.85 (53) with a staggering 19 not outs Adv: Lara (6 not outs vs 19 not outs) 100s: Lara: 32 in 226 innings Ten: 31 in 194 innings Adv: Ten If you take their careers till the point Lara retired, Lara has an advantage Lara Ten Test batting after Lara retired: LINK (dec 1, 2006 till today) But you are free to think that SRT is the more effective test batsman :P .... I am just giving my opinion here :icflove:
Few questions for you, lets see if you have the honesty to reply 1) Why did you remove Zimbabwe when the zimbabwe of Sachin and Lara's time were as good as the New Zealand of the 2000s with players of the like of Heath Streak and flower brothers? 2) Why are Lara's last years in any way significant to Sachin and what revelance does Sachin's performance in those years have anyhting to do with his entire career? Next you will talking about Sachin's career in the time Clinton was the President of the US 3) The very fact that Sachin went on to play and became better while Lara retired when his country needed his the most, makes Sachin a better player in my eyes. Lara didnt have the will/ability to carry on, Sachin did. Its as if a public servant retires after a few years of service and another carries on for 10 more years. Who served his country more? 4)Only in Rett's world is 19 not outs considered a weak point for a batsman when compared to 6 no outs pf another batsman. I thought being not out was to the credit of a batsman but what do I know, points should be taken off for being not out
I don't get why people exclude minnows surely a batsman will try to score as many runs as possible regardless of the opposition
No Tendulkar gets free runs gifted by minnows who are in awe of him. The others don't like to score runs vs minnows because it's not a challenge, so they gift their wickets