Lara V Tendulkar

:WTF: will u guys stop this :wall: is it obligatory here to rate sachin no1 even in ur personal list ?
No never, open a thread to praise Lara and you will find everyone coming to shower the praise for that great batsman but why the f*** do you need to praise your fav by comparing him to Sachin. Do you really think OP is a fan of Lara oh come on I can bet he hasnt seen more than 4 innings of Lara in his life. Enough of this psuedo fans of Lara, Dravid, Ponting, Inzi. You open a thread of comparison and rather than discussing anything in terms of cricket technically or statistically start bashing SAchin. Now wait that somebody comes with a statistics to say come on man you are lying and then a whole bunch of intellectuals will come oh you moron murti bhakth deshdrohi. And at end of day that bechara guy will think what wrong did I say?
No never' date=' open a thread to praise Lara and you will find everyone coming to shower the praise for that great batsman but why the f*** do you need to praise your fav by comparing him to Sachin. Do you really think OP is a fan of Lara oh come on I can bet he hasnt seen more than 4 innings of Lara in his life. Enough of this psuedo fans of Lara, Dravid, Ponting, Inzi. You open a thread of comparison and rather than discussing anything in terms of cricket technically or statistically start bashing SAchin. Now wait that somebody comes with a statistics to say come on man you are lying and then a whole bunch of intellectuals will come oh you moron murti bhakth deshdrohi. And at end of day that bechara guy will think what wrong did I say?[/quote'] well i myself said.. title vs was wrong.. anyway i hope this does not end up like bradman thing :wall:

Tendu and Lara are equally good..... lol at posters who say lara played in mediocre team from the MID 90'S... if that is the way you want to look at it Tendu from the time he started playing it has been a one man time up untill ganguly took over the captaincy.... And when lara started playing his bowlers were in top form like Ambrose Bishop and Walsh and had a solid batting line up... the lesser we talk about our bowling the better.... And Lara being a match winner is true..but tendu has won more matches than lara FACT..... If u think lara's 153 was some innings then i suggest you take a look at tendulkars innings of 169 against the likes of Donald Pollock and DEvillers at their peak..

No never' date=' open a thread to praise Lara and you will find everyone coming to shower the praise for that great batsman but why the f*** do you need to praise your fav by comparing him to Sachin. Do you really think OP is a fan of Lara oh come on I can bet he hasnt seen more than 4 innings of Lara in his life. Enough of this psuedo fans of Lara, Dravid, Ponting, Inzi. You open a thread of comparison and rather than discussing anything in terms of cricket technically or statistically start bashing SAchin. Now wait that somebody comes with a statistics to say come on man you are lying and then a whole bunch of intellectuals will come oh you moron murti bhakth deshdrohi. And at end of day that bechara guy will think what wrong did I say?[/quote'] This. It is just fashinoable now to bring up any batter's name and compare him with Sacihn. Lara was more entertaining so he's the best. Ponting's nick name was punter so he's the best bat. Dravid had a penchant for jams so he's the better bat. Kallis and Inzi had big round *****e$ so they were the better bat. MoYo's beard was longer than WG Grace's so he was the better bat. cut the crap yaar. And DTW, yoiu concentrate on your dancing star who was on a chat show praising Sachin. I read in some other post where you said that Sree has a life past cricket. Maybe he already found it!!
Tendulkar has a test series win in Pakistan, Sri Lanka, England. Lara doesn't. :cantstop: Tendulkar has a World Cup and a Champion's trophy. Tendulkar has better avg than him, more runs, more centuries. For all of Tendulkar's match losing talk Lara has lost more matches than Tendulkar. For all talk of Lara's fourth innings greatness Tendulkar has higher avg. Plus Tendulkar has scored runs everywhere against everyone. Avgs 40+ everywhere. Lara sucks in India.
Ha Ha Ha. You talking of whitewashes comparing Lara to Tendu :haha: Lara was whitewashed everywhere Pakistan 3-0 Australia 5-0 Australia 3-0 Sri Lanka 3-0 England 4-0 plus plenty of something - 0 India 2-0 England 3-0 etc etc Also Pakistan in Australia record is 9-0 Also you retards still can't win a series in WI where we have won 3. Even Bangladesh has won there.
Epic pwnage for the troll.:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Welcome back DM.

When both in full flow, I would like to watch Lara ahead of Sachin. There was certain elegance in his game,even though Sachin may be more technically correct. But Lara wasn't as consistent as overall number or overall reputation may suggest. There were years of trough followed by sustained display of brilliance. His 111 against SA in WC 96 is one innings he love to watch again and again.

Out of all 100 100 of Tendulkar, find one innings that can match this: This was one of the best cricketing innings of all time as per Wisden as well. Find one innings of Tendulkar from his long career that can stand up against this kind of knock? Remember this was test match when McGrath, ShaneWarne, Gillespie, McGill were all in their peaks plus they had countless overs on him. Pitch was not flat track. Ball was doing something. Pitch, conditions, score, 4th innings, pressure, wickets falling at other end and in that Lara scored those 153 runs and more importantly won the test match for the country. Other than Chennai innings of Tendulkar against Pakistan dont even think any other innings can come close but then everybody know what happened as India lost the test match. That gives a slight edge to Lara. He has played other innings too but those 153 runs can never be forgotten by anyone. For Ponka that inning is rated higher than 400 runs or his other 100's.

Sachin has achieved a lot more, but given the choice of watching Lara or Tendulkar bat live , I might choose Lara , for his sheer stroke making ability, full bloodied drives, left handers eligance,I cannot forget watching him drive Murali repeatedly from the rough , on one knee against the turn to hit boundaries and also adjussting the stroke midway through his swing and driving the ball straighter or squarer depending on how much the ball would turn from the rough phew.