Lara V Tendulkar

Sachin has achieved a lot more' date=' but given the[b'] choice of watching Lara or Tendulkar bat live , I might choose Lara , for his sheer stroke making ability, full bloodied drives, left handers eligance,I cannot forget watching him drive Murali repeatedly from the rough , on one knee against the turn to hit boundaries and also adjussting the stroke midway through his swing and driving the ball straighter or squarer depending on how much the ball would turn from the rough phew.
Most people you ask will choose Lara. I think people romanticize & feel nostalgic about Lara. Let Sachin retire and give it a few years. A lot of people will then pick Sachin
Let me know when you are done circle-jerking about Lara. SRT sure is the whipping boy these days! I blame him for every problem you guys have in your miserable lives.
There's a joke on twitter that goes #TrottsFault for everything that goes wrong. These guys have adopted something similar, but take it really seriously

IMO, Lara is the more effective test player, while Ten is the more effective ODI player Lara has played some amazing innings in tests. In the 90s, I was a die hard SRT fan and used to hope that Lara fails. I remember that test series in Ind where Ind was 1-0 up, Lara who did not hv big scores in that series, hit a magical 80 odd in no time to give WI enough runs and allow the bowlers enough time to bowl Ind out to level the series .... And then that 150 odd he hit against Pak at Sharjah in an ODI was unthinkable considering how Ind used to struggle against Pak at that venue

Another cool inning was the 50 he hit on a difficult surface in WI against Ind. ind needed 100 odd to win the test and everyone in our group was excited that Ind would pull it off but ind folded, iirc, for less than 100 After Ind collapsed, we were like how could he hit a 50 on this surface There was a period when his avg went below 50, and as SRT fan, I was happy. But he goes to SL and plays magically and brings it back up. He broke Sobers record, which was remarkable but what was unbelievable that he got that record back Not to forgot that 150 odd against Aus Lara makes you go like 'wow' :stewie:

IMO' date= Lara is the more effective test player, while Ten is the more effective ODI player Lara has played some amazing innings in tests. In the 90s, I was a die hard SRT fan and used to hope that Lara fails. I remember that test series in Ind where Ind was 1-0 up, Lara who did not hv big scores in that series, hit a magical 80 odd in no time to give WI enough runs and allow the bowlers enough time to bowl Ind out to level the series .... And then that 150 odd he hit against Pak at Sharjah in an ODI was unthinkable considering how Ind used to struggle against Pak at that venue
This. Recent Tendulkar returns may have put both of them on an even keel though. I once had an opportunity to chat with Mike Haysman (South African commentator of Australian origin) back around in early 2010. We discussed about the effective player in ODIs and Tests and I was trying to make the bold assertion to him. He kind of agreed on the same, especially considering Lara's returns and impact on Tests. He warned though that it would still be premature to make that assertion considering Tendulkar had some time left to finish business.
Another cool inning was the 50 he hit on a difficult surface in WI against Ind. ind needed 100 odd to win the test and everyone in our group was excited that Ind would pull it off but ind folded, iirc, for less than 100 After Ind collapsed, we were like how could he hit a 50 on this surface
Should've checked the scorecard, he didn't! :--D Tendulkar, on the other hand, scored a commanding 92 before being given out off a Mohammad Aamiresque no ball.

Like most Ind, in my love, for Ten. I made the same mistake that many on this forum make, I.e. find faults with other great players and show SRT in good light. That was also the time, I followed a lot of cricket Now I am miles away from Ind and don't hv much time to follow my beloved game, and I look back and feel sorry for the time I lost appreciating a player blindly and missing out on other gems. Only if I had been more open but you can't go back in time ..... Apologies to players like Lara, whom at one point, I had hoped would do badly as they were grouped with SRT. But deep down, Lara's batting always amazed me. He was a genius at work

Should've checked the scorecard' date= he didn't! :--D Tendulkar, on the other hand, scored a commanding 92 before being given out off a Mohammad Aamiresque no ball.
So now you want to debate 45 vs 50 :facepalm: .... I m writing all from memory so sorry to be off by 5 runs Conditions got difficult in the later half of the game from what I recall ....but you are free to think whatever ....
Like most Ind, in my love, for Ten. I made the same mistake that many on this forum make, I.e. find faults with other great players and show SRT in good light. That was also the time, I followed a lot of cricket Now I am miles away from Ind and don't hv much time to follow my beloved game, and I look back and feel sorry for the time I lost appreciating a player blindly and missing out on other gems. Only if I had been more open but you can't go back in time ..... Apologies to players like Lara, whom at one point, I had hoped would do badly as they were grouped with SRT. But deep down, Lara's batting always amazed me. He was a genius at work
Very nice point, same feeling. Love the game more not just India, that is what I now realise being older.
So now you want to debate 45 vs 50 :facepalm: .... I m writing all from memory so sorry to be off by 5 runs Conditions got difficult in the later half of the game from what I recall ....but you are free to think whatever ....
Cool story bro. In any case, it's not just about 45 or 50 or whatever, I thought you were hyping up a knock that wasn't all that special to begin with. So there.

I have always felt that Sachin is technically better and more consistent but Lara in full flow is the best batsman i have ever seen. There is no doubt SRT is one of the greatest ever but i disagree with the fact that some ICFer's proclaim him to be the best ever. His stats are very good but there are others who have played in the same era with comparable stats (i.e Lara, Ponting and Kallis) and the is the small matter of Don Bradman who averaged far more than his contemporaries and proved himself to be the greatest of his time by a million miles.

I have always felt that Sachin is technically better and more consistent but Lara in full flow is the best batsman i have ever seen. There is no doubt SRT is one of the greatest ever but i disagree with the fact that some ICFer's proclaim him to be the best ever. His stats are very good but there are others who have played in the same era with comparable stats (i.e Lara' date= Ponting and Kallis) and the is the small matter of Don Bradman who averaged far more than his contemporaries and proved himself to be the greatest of his time by a million miles.
I would recommend watching Afridi in full flow. :two_thumbs_up:
I have always felt that Sachin is technically better and more consistent but Lara in full flow is the best batsman i have ever seen. There is no doubt SRT is one of the greatest ever but i disagree with the fact that some ICFer's proclaim him to be the best ever. His stats are very good but there are others who have played in the same era with comparable stats (i.e Lara' date= Ponting and Kallis) and the is the small matter of Don Bradman who averaged far more than his contemporaries and proved himself to be the greatest of his time by a million miles.
:hatsoff: