Younis blasts double ton

King

PAKISTAN Test batsman Younis Khan hit his second unbeaten double century of the English county season overnight, as title-chasing Yorkshire drew with Kent in a rain-hit match at Scarborough. More... Younis blasts double ton From correspondents in London July 29, 2007 PAKISTAN Test batsman Younis Khan hit his second unbeaten double century of the English county season overnight, as title-chasing Yorkshire drew with Kent in a rain-hit match at Scarborough. Younis smashed 217 not out as Yorkshire reached 9-550 dec, a first innings lead of 64, the game ending with Kent on 0-17 in its second innings. Younis made his runs off 252 balls with 18 boundaries and six sixes. His first double century, 202 not out, came early in May against Hampshire at the Rose Bowl.

Why need it be like this ? I simply pointed out the facts re. his stats. If you want to play numbers games, let's take away Dave Hussey's 2 best innings. 1111runs less his 275 and one other century. Leaves him with about 711 @ 71.1 - still a superb season. Younis - minus his best two - has about 360 @ 30 - not a superb season for anyone let alone an international #3 playing in County. Take off his best 2 innings of any year and you'll still find Ponting's average fairly impressive.

I simply used Hussey as an example. I could've done the same with Tresco, Ramps etc. or anyone else featuring high in the batting stats. Headingly handicap ? Yorkshire has played only 4 of their 11 matches there this season. They won 2 and drew 2. One of their wins was by an innings and 260 runs. Yorkshire's 7/521 dec. included 2 centuries and a 97. Younis scored 12. In the other win, he scored 42 out of a 414 total by Yorkshire. What is the Headingly handicap ?