Adults crying - Sissy or Passion

1983-2011

:facepalm:
What was wrong there? He was spot on there I think. Gandhiji's contributions are highly overrated IMHO. He was a great man, but not one because of which we got our independence. Although I agree that dragging gandhiji in this thread makes no sense :P

What was wrong there? He was spot on there I think. Gandhiji's contributions are highly overrated IMHO. He was a great man, but not one because of which we got our independence. Although I agree that dragging gandhiji in this thread makes no sense :P
:facepalm: :facepalm:

BTW I also felt very sorry for Bangladeshis yesterday. Just 2 runs? That will leave a scar forever. It was sad to see how they approached the chase in the second half after Shakib got out. They were throwing their bats at everything turning the whole thing into a gamble. Only of they had batted a little more sensibly, the Pakistanis would have lost the match themselves.

Crying is a natural human emotion. We are conditioned to pretend to look 'oh-so-macho' and hold back our natural emotions. Even in the case of the much ridiculed Sreesanth, he simply cried since he felt hurt by being slapped on a cricket field by someone with who he shared a good equation.

Crying is a natural human emotion. We are conditioned to pretend to look 'oh-so-macho' and hold back our natural emotions. Even in the case of the much ridiculed Sreesanth, he simply cried since he felt hurt by being slapped on a cricket field by someone with who he shared a good equation.
this. And some of these macho men, even when they feel like crying in solitude, they are conscious - koi dekh tou nahi raha.

2448109762_1301c312cb.jpg Along the same lines, some men ( especially sociopaths) do use crying (at the right moment) to gain sympathy votes.
I saw that interview and recorded it on my VCR too :(( Still have a VHS copy of it somewhere :((
I don't remember the exact context of the interview, but I vaguely remember Manoj Prabhakar going to the CBI and squealing about Kapil Dev. He also said something to the tune of " only the guilty cry". As far as crying goes, its a myth that only those who are honest cry. As a kid, I realized that crying or a sad face could get me anything that I wanted from my parents. I used to use this 'trick' very shamelessly. Advantages of being the youngest. :--D Only much later (in my teens) did I have guilt trips about those fake tears. From then on, I just asked them directly. :P

I don't remember the exact context of the interview, but I vaguely remember Manoj Prabhakar going to the CBI and squealing about Kapil Dev. He also said something to the tune of " only the guilty cry". As far as crying goes, its a myth that only those who are honest cry. As a kid, I realized that crying or a sad face could get me anything that I wanted from my parents. I used to use this 'trick' very shamelessly. Advantages of being the youngest. :--D Only much later (in my teens) did I have guilt trips about those fake tears. From then on, I just asked them directly. :P
Karan Thapar was interviewing Kapil on BBC about Manoj Prabhakar's allegations (the videotapes Prabhakar made about the match-fixing scam). Kapil came to the show to defend himself and cried buckets.

I know a few things about that. :D