Adults crying - Sissy or Passion

1983-2011

I don't remember the exact context of the interview, but I vaguely remember Manoj Prabhakar going to the CBI and squealing about Kapil Dev. He also said something to the tune of " only the guilty cry". As far as crying goes, its a myth that only those who are honest cry. As a kid, I realized that crying or a sad face could get me anything that I wanted from my parents. I used to use this 'trick' very shamelessly. Advantages of being the youngest. :--D Only much later (in my teens) did I have guilt trips about those fake tears. From then on, I just asked them directly. :P
I knew it! IIIIII knew it! My younger sis got me in trouble by crying a bucket load of fake tear....:(( There should be a ban on having younger kids:nono:

I knew it! IIIIII knew it! My younger sis got me in trouble by crying a bucket load of fake tear....:(( There should be a ban on having younger kids:nono:
:icflove: I agree. Especially with the part in bold. All the kids, especially those born 2nd and subsequently must be the eldest also. :--D

Crying is a natural human emotion. We are conditioned to pretend to look 'oh-so-macho' and hold back our natural emotions. Even in the case of the much ridiculed Sreesanth, he simply cried since he felt hurt by being slapped on a cricket field by someone with who he shared a good equation.
Very good post. Sree sheding a few tears did nothing to weaken his reputation being aggressive, in fact it strengthened his reputation of being a gentleman to those who he sees as a close friend. He could have beat Bhajji up if he wanted to, come on this guy has taken on likes of Haydos, KP, Inzy, Symonds, little weed like Bhajji is nothing. He was crying because he felt betrayed by a fellow international team mate who was also his friend. Was also in shock because he was attacked from behind, after the game was over.

Honestly' date=' last time I saw our players crying was back in '07 after getting booted from WC ...it's good to see emotion, passion back in Cricket.[/quote'] Not crying does not imply lack of emotion/passion. Crying is not an emotion itself. It's just an expression of emotion.

Very good post. Sree sheding a few tears did nothing to weaken his reputation being aggressive' date= in fact it strengthened his reputation of being a gentleman to those who he sees as a close friend. He could have beat Bhajji up if he wanted to, come on this guy has taken on likes of Haydos, KP, Inzy, Symonds, little weed like Bhajji is nothing.
Exactly!!! Just like his over the top sledging and abusing senior players has done before, the crying after being slapped incident strengthened his reputation of being a true gentleman.
He was crying because he felt betrayed by a fellow international team mate who was also his friend. Was also in shock because he was attacked from behind' date= after the game was over.
Et tu bhajji? Julius Caesar was also crying when Brutus stabbed him. Sreesanth for the Senate, I say. :two_thumbs_up:

Exactly!!! Just like his over the top sledging and abusing senior players has done before, the crying after being slapped incident strengthened his reputation of being a true gentleman. Et tu bhajji? Julius Caesar was also crying when Brutus stabbed him. Sreesanth for the Senate, I say. :two_thumbs_up:
Et tu Bhajji doesn't quite have the same ring to it :giggle: If Narendra Dhoni stood for BJP in Bihar on Dhoni's basis, Sree can do much better. He actually has wisdom and life talent. I wish he goes into acting or politcs after cricket, he will be brilliant.

Exactly!!! Just like his over the top sledging and abusing senior players has done before, the crying after being slapped incident strengthened his reputation of being a true gentleman. Et tu bhajji? Julius Caesar was also crying when Brutus stabbed him. Sreesanth for the Senate, I say. :two_thumbs_up:
Caesar died before he could cry, :P as Shakesy Bhaiya narrates. :dontknow: Visualizing Sree Santh saying 'Et tu Bhajji' :confused:

Not crying does not imply lack of emotion/passion. Crying is not an emotion itself. It's just an expression of emotion.
You are stating the obvious..what I meant is that we hardly express any emotion as an unit..are we immuned to regular loses? Even when we were whitewashed by Eng & then again by Aus...players went about their business like it's a 9-5 job...I didn't see a single expression of remorse...especially after back to back losses in Test series. Unless it's a Worldcup...may be they just don't care anymore.

Honestly' date=' last time I saw our players crying was back in '07 after getting booted from WC ...it's good to see emotion, passion back in Cricket.[/quote'] WC 2011 final.. Yuvi , Sachin, MSD, Bhajji , just abt everyone was crying..

Very good post. Sree sheding a few tears did nothing to weaken his reputation being aggressive' date= in fact it strengthened his reputation of being a gentleman to those who he sees as a close friend. He could have beat Bhajji up if he wanted to, come on this guy has taken on likes of Haydos, KP, Inzy, Symonds, little weed like Bhajji is nothing. He was crying because he felt betrayed by a fellow international team mate who was also his friend. Was also in shock because he was attacked from behind, after the game was over.
:cantstop:

What was wrong there? He was spot on there I think. Gandhiji's contributions are highly overrated IMHO. He was a great man, but not one because of which we got our independence. Although I agree that dragging gandhiji in this thread makes no sense :P
Pls let us know why it doesn't make sense to bring in Gandhi's name, you sissy :popcorn: