Worst innings of each player ODI or Tests?

Mongia & Prabhakar - Against WI in an odi where they played for themselves and gave up the chase Ganguly - Against Pakistan in 2005 where he scored 30 odd at a pretty slowish pace. India looked like getting 350+ at one stage before Ganguly promoted himself up the order costing India the win and series against Pakistan at home. Tendulkar - 114 against B'desh in Asia Cup where his pursuit of 100th 100 cost India the match and Asia Cup By the way Shastri's knock against Aus in 92 world cup was equally bad. In fact Shastri as an opener was way too slow.

By the way Shastri's knock against Aus in 92 world cup was equally bad. In fact Shastri as an opener was way too slow.
To Be fair to him, it was this world cup when Greatbatch came out with guns blazing in the first 15. Shrikant was mildly successful with his attempts. Otherwise, pretty much all teams were happy reaching 50/0 in the first 15.
tendulkar 114 off 147 balls v bangladesh - its the worst ever knock by an indian player in odis. ended up costing us the match & the asia cup ganguly 66 off 135 balls v bangladesh in 2007 wc - that knock cost us the match & the 2007 wc
the actual reason was india failing as a unit. can't put the blame solely on ganguly.
How can an innings in which a batsman scored a 100 (even a slow one) be worse than an innings in which he was out on 0?
If a batsman scroes a 100 and eats up the balls when chansing a steep target, he is effectively putting his team out of the contest. At least, a batsman out for a duck usally does not waste that many balls.
Mongia & Prabhakar - Against WI in an odi where they played for themselves and gave up the chase
I remember that game. The most shocking display of run chase I have ever seen. How can anyone be so indifferent at international level is beyond me.
I remember that game. The most shocking display of run chase I have ever seen. How can anyone be so indifferent at international level is beyond me.
That's why I consider that incident as the worst incident/most disgraceful batting by Indians. Ganguly & SRT incidents come next at 2 and 3 respectively.
How can an innings in which a batsman scored a 100 (even a slow one) be worse than an innings in which he was out on 0?
The key is "deliberately" or Intentionally playing slowly. In cricket it's a given batsmen will get out cheaply when they are not set, but once they get set they are expected to score at a faster rate. Case in point look at any of recent Kohli's knocks or most of the knocks by batsmen. generally their 1st 50 come slower than the 2nd 50. In Tendulkar's case he was playing pretty well when he slowed down for his 100 while India had 9 wkts in hand and had the match by the scruff of the neck. He pottered around for his 100 against B'desh bowling (which is not world beater by any stretch of imagination) costing us the win and most probably the tourney.