Worst innings of each player ODI or Tests?

To be fair Lara 400* was also not a very good inning as it denied a chance for WI to win the test. just for the sake of record.
Shows how little understanding you have. 1) They had already lost the series badly 2) Pitch was very flat, they wouldn't get England out in 2nd innings, WI knew that. 3) Lara managed to restore honour and made WI fans smile by completely deflating England on route to a world record 400*. He had the backing of his fans, WICB, former players. Everyone wanted him to do it. First time England were under the pump in the series and it was thanks to a Lara masterpiece. Tindu's slow ton v Bang did not break an important world record, helped us to lose a game from a winning position, certainly riled up intelligent fans as he abandoned the team to pursue a record to relieve his anxiety. Now :finger:
Shows how little understanding you have. 1) They had already lost the series badly 2) Pitch was very flat, they wouldn't get England out in 2nd innings, WI knew that. 3) Lara managed to restore honour and made WI fans smile by completely deflating England on route to a world record 400*. He had the backing of his fans, WICB, former players. Everyone wanted him to do it. First time England were under the pump in the series and it was thanks to a Lara masterpiece. Tindu's slow ton v Bang did not break an important world record, helped us to lose a game from a winning position, certainly riled up intelligent fans as he abandoned the team to pursue a record to relieve his anxiety. Now :finger:
Oh really. That is why they were able to bowl out England in first inning within 4 session and were able to take 5 wickets in second inning but for last 5 wickets they would n't have taken it because pitch was flat. Come on man they would have easily have taken rest 5 wickets if time was there but if a batsman plays for 778 min and 550 balls its never possible for your team to win. And were the hell Sachin comes into picture. Bawra ho gaya kya chore
Ganguly 100(300b) against Zimbabwe 2005 in Test matches. Gavaskar 36 takes the cake in ODIs.
I wasn't even born when he made that 36* but from reading up on it in the past, that indeed is the worst innings in ODI by an indian, possibly ever. I heard it was intentional because he had a disagreement with a former player and selectors regarding captaincy? Don't forget ODI's were 60 overs then too :cantstop::cantstop::cantstop::cantstop:
Oh really. That is why they were able to bowl out England in first inning within 4 session and were able to take 5 wickets in second inning but for last 5 wickets they would n't have taken it because pitch was flat. Come on man they would have easily have taken rest 5 wickets if time was there but if a batsman plays for 778 min and 550 balls its never possible for your team to win. And were the hell Sachin comes into picture. Bawra ho gaya kya chore
You have grabbed his balls now let go :haha:

Why only pick slow paced innings??? Sehwag's innings in Australia especially the last test when he already got a start and threw it all away against Lyon was pretty pathetic.... Infact some of the irresponsible test innings he has been playing in recent times can be classified as such

The key is "deliberately" or Intentionally playing slowly. In cricket it's a given batsmen will get out cheaply when they are not set' date=' but once they get set they are expected to score at a faster rate. Case in point look at any of recent Kohli's knocks or most of the knocks by batsmen. generally their 1st 50 come slower than the 2nd 50. In Tendulkar's case he was playing pretty well when he slowed down for his 100 while India had 9 wkts in hand and had the match by the scruff of the neck. He pottered around for his 100 against B'desh bowling (which is not world beater by any stretch of imagination) costing us the win and most probably the tourney.[/quote'] I understand your point of view here, but I'm not convinced at all. How can a deliberate slow hundred harm the side more than a totally unintentional 0? Especially, when that 100 is by a batsman from whom you expect a high score. He still adds those hundred runs. If he were out for a 0, for eg, the next batsman would be more cautious than his usual self as he knows that an opening batsman is lost and playing carelessly would peril the team even more. That would have a cascade effect on the rest of the team for that initial period after the dismissal. Note: I'm not arguing if Sachin was selfish or not. He was, in that match. My argument here is that even a selfish 100 is more valuable for the cause of the team than a quickfire 0, and definitely more value than a sluggish 0. Keeping that in mind, the worst innings can't really be the 100th 100.
You have grabbed his balls now let go :haha:
No he hasn't. I could tell he doesn't understand what Lara did for the caribbean people that day and the blow it caused England so no point debating. Also same idiot would be calling it the greatest innings ever if Tindu had done it in that exact same match. But unlucky for him, Tindu has no hope of getting near 400 :giggle:
I understand your point of view here' date=' but I'm not convinced at all. How can a [i']deliberate slow hundred harm the side more than a totally unintentional 0? Especially, when that 100 is by a batsman from whom you expect a high score. He still adds those hundred runs. If he were out for a 0, for eg, the next batsman would be more cautious than his usual self as he knows that an opening batsman is lost and playing carelessly would peril the team even more. That would have a cascade effect on the rest of the team for that initial period after the dismissal. Note: I'm not arguing if Sachin was selfish or not. He was, in that match. My argument here is that even a selfish 100 is more valuable for the cause of the team than a quickfire 0, and definitely more value than a sluggish 0. Keeping that in mind, the worst innings can't really be the 100th 100.
Can we have a new Topic - worst ever 0s in ODI history.
I understand your point of view here' date=' but I'm not convinced at all. How can a [i']deliberate slow hundred harm the side more than a totally unintentional 0? Especially, when that 100 is by a batsman from whom you expect a high score. He still adds those hundred runs. If he were out for a 0, for eg, the next batsman would be more cautious than his usual self as he knows that an opening batsman is lost and playing carelessly would peril the team even more. That would have a cascade effect on the rest of the team for that initial period after the dismissal. Note: I'm not arguing if Sachin was selfish or not. He was, in that match. My argument here is that even a selfish 100 is more valuable for the cause of the team than a quickfire 0, and definitely more value than a sluggish 0. Keeping that in mind, the worst innings can't really be the 100th 100.
Getting out for a 0 when the batsman is new to the crease is in the nature of the game. In most matches generally it's 2 or at most 3 batsmen who click. You can't fault a low score or a 0 too much coz it happens all the time in cricket. However you do expect the batsmen who are set to get a big score, and in shorter formats to do so quickly the longer they stay in. That's the reason batsmen who throw their wkts in 30s or 40s are criticized much more than batsmen who get out early in their innings. Similarly you expect the SR of a batsman to progressively get better as the innings goes on and 114 off 147 balls is not acceptable on a flat track especially since the team had plenty of wkts in hand. A batsman who plays nearly half the deliveries in an innings is not expected to do so at the lowest SR of all batsmen, and in sub-continental conditions you do expect a 100 to come at a rate of run a ball or thereabouts especially against a team like B'desh who doesn't have anyone like Ajmal to pose any problems. The game has moved along quite a bit since 80s & 90s. Similar innings 15 years back probably would have been a great one but not anymore especially on a flat track.
No he hasn't. I could tell he doesn't understand what Lara did for the caribbean people that day and the blow it caused England so no point debating. Also same idiot would be calling it the greatest innings ever if Tindu had done it in that exact same match. But unlucky for him, Tindu has no hope of getting near 400 :giggle:
Twice this idiot has given his opinion about 400 not out inning of Lara without referencing any other player. Twice you the most intelligent and smart poster of ICF has replied by bringing Sachin into this post. Just curious, in the morning are you able to do Tatti without bad mouthing Sachin.