Can Anil Kumble surpass Warnie's tally of wickets?

King

Currently Anil has about 538 wickets and over the last few years he has bowling like a dream. Anil is about a year younger than Warnie and Anil is lot fitter than Warnie no doubt. Anil Kumble can claim between 40-60 wickets a year easily and in the next couple of years or two if he peaks then I won't be surprised if Anil Kumlbe surpasses Warnie. Anil Kumble will end up claiming more than 1000 international wickets no doubt. Already he has about 870 (538 in tests + 331 in ODIs). Is it possible he will go on to claim more victims than Warnie in test cricket? Only time can tell. :shrug:

Re: Can Anil Kumble surpass Warnie's tally of wickets? 160+ more wickets. It will be tough but if Anil decides to focus on test cricket alone, he can serve Indian team for 3-4 more yrs. By the way, people knocking Bhajji off, I am pretty sure he will make a bigger impact in few yrs' time. Anyone remembers Kumble's overseas average for first 7-8 years of his career?

Re: Can Anil Kumble surpass Warnie's tally of wickets? Warne will end up around 710 at the end of this series. That means kumble is 170 wickets behind. Kumble gets a wicket every 10 overs he bowls so he needs to bowl around 1700 overs. Even if we assume he bowls 50 overs a game (which he wont outside subcontinent) he still needs to play 34 more test match. Thats a good 4 years. At 36 i dont see kumble playing another 4 years. i think he will end up around 625.

Re: Can Anil Kumble surpass Warnie's tally of wickets? He might retire with 600 something, but what a feat it would be for an Indian Bowler So strange when 434 seemed so far away, and Walsh surpassed it But Kapil still remains the highest wicket taker of that century

Re: Can Anil Kumble surpass Warnie's tally of wickets? A good year in international cricket can get you 60-70 wkts... 3 yrs of international cricket can get AK there.... he has the fitness..... it will jus boil down to motivation... he seems like a family man and tht might make him wanna hang his boots..

Re: Can Anil Kumble surpass Warnie's tally of wickets? Anil Kumble had plans to act in a movie directed by one of the eminent directors of Bollywood but the financier backed out of the project. Controversially the story was lifted and was made as "Iqbal". The only deviation with Anil's movie was that he was going to play as a polio affected player that goes on to make it big in international cricket. It was a wonderful script and am sure was going to be great alas the financier backed out. :Cry:

Re: Can Anil Kumble surpass Warnie's tally of wickets?

Warne will end up around 710 at the end of this series. That means kumble is 170 wickets behind. Kumble gets a wicket every 10 overs he bowls so he needs to bowl around 1700 overs. Even if we assume he bowls 50 overs a game (which he wont outside subcontinent) he still needs to play 34 more test match. Thats a good 4 years. At 36 i dont see kumble playing another 4 years. i think he will end up around 625.
Sold. Man it feels like yesterday when Kapil was the highest wicket taker at 434... and now we are talking about 700!!